Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

5 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

That’s earlier in the year. Now all fbm returns are auto authorized and are refunded on first scan. You must deal with the return in 2 business days to even get a chance at a restocking fee. Otherwise it’s safe t claim and that’s a toss up. Bottom line is you won’t get all your money back. Not even close. I have had 58 Halloween related returns the past 2 months. Have gotten everything imaginable back(used, wrong item, brand new, etc) and not once did I receive a full refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you continue to sell on amazon there will be a next time unfortunately. Worst q4 I’ve ever seen so far with fraudulent returns.

What do you mean "you must deal with the return in 2 business days" ? 

5 minutes ago, nick625 said:

Hi,

Unfortunately, amazon requires invoices from an authorized wholesaler. Receipts wont do.   

This is untrue right now unfortunately. If you have a receipt from Lego.com for 10 items (hello polybags) you can get through. The gate is as wide open as it has been since the gate was first dropped, hence the flood of new sellers on listings. 

• Like 1

What do you mean "you must deal with the return in 2 business days" ? 

Meaning depending on return reason you have a limited amount of time to even try and charge a restocking fee and uploading pics. Point is you don’t want it to go to a safe T claim. I’ve been getting back $16 and change on $80+ returns when items are clearly used, broken, dirty, missing pieces etc.

This is untrue right now unfortunately. If you have a receipt from Lego.com for 10 items (hello polybags) you can get through. The gate is as wide open as it has been since the gate was first dropped, hence the flood of new sellers on listings. 

Yeah i think they are limited people on sets instead of a full gate. I was shocked to see how many people can’t sell these Black Friday sets from today.

50 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

Meaning depending on return reason you have a limited amount of time to even try and charge a restocking fee and uploading pics. Point is you don’t want it to go to a safe T claim. I’ve been getting back $16 and change on $80+ returns when items are clearly used, broken, dirty, missing pieces etc.

Yeah i think they are limited people on sets instead of a full gate. I was shocked to see how many people can’t sell these Black Friday sets from today.

Thank you for your reply. 

I thought amazon refunds customers on first scan. 

Thank you for your reply. 
I thought amazon refunds customers on first scan. 

They do but it depends on the return reason and the category. Even when they do you can still charge a restocking fee and get original shipping refunded if you charged shipping. Minimum 10% requires no pictures. Above that yes, pics required.

1 hour ago, chinothegeeko said:

That’s earlier in the year. Now all fbm returns are auto authorized and are refunded on first scan. You must deal with the return in 2 business days to even get a chance at a restocking fee. Otherwise it’s safe t claim and that’s a toss up. Bottom line is you won’t get all your money back. Not even close. I have had 58 Halloween related returns the past 2 months. Have gotten everything imaginable back(used, wrong item, brand new, etc) and not once did I receive a full refund

Are you sure about the return in 2 days? In the past, payment was in your account until you hit refund.  You had 2 days after received scan to deduct refund or Amazon would refund buyer in full.

But with the new automatic system, customers get their total refund as soon as USPS scan the return postage.  So there is nothing you can deduct from since money is gone from your account by the time you get the package back.

The only thing to do is to open SAFE-T to try to get money back from Amazon

ETA: Technically you can charge restock before postage scan, but that means you refund the money before customer ships the item

59 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

I think going forward because of this we will start to see more and more duplicate listings. quidditch is a good example where the duplicate listing has overtaken the main listing in terms of sales rank. 

Are you sure about the return in 2 days? In the past, payment was in your account until you hit refund.  You had 2 days after received scan to deduct refund or Amazon would refund buyer in full.
But with the new automatic system, customers get their total refund as soon as USPS scan the return postage.  So there is nothing you can deduct from since money is gone from your account by the time you get the package back.
The only thing to do is to open SAFE-T to try to get money back from Amazon
ETA: Technically you can charge restock before postage scan, but that means you refund the money before customer ships the item

The people I’m In groups with have had various things happen. It’s not 100%. Depending on the reason I’ve been able to deduct restock fee on some and others nothing. All have been prior refund applied whether it was no longer needed,bought by mistake, item defective, etc 5e7be8999402255d25399846e0e4f36d.jpg
But after 2 days the small area where “charge restocking fee” is disappears.

I think going forward because of this we will start to see more and more duplicate listings. quidditch is a good example where the duplicate listing has overtaken the main listing in terms of sales rank. 

Yeah but Amazon never sold quidditch so it was always a seller created listing. Definitely would be a get in get out deal until Amazon suppresses the listing. Godzilla vs Kong toys are a prime example of that Since summer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

The people I’m In groups with have had various things happen. It’s not 100%. Depending on the reason I’ve been able to deduct restock fee on some and others nothing. All have been prior refund applied whether it was no longer needed,bought by mistake, item defective, etc 5e7be8999402255d25399846e0e4f36d.jpg
But after 2 days the small area where “charge restocking fee” is disappears.

The "charge restock fees" link may be there.  But the total payment is already gone from my account so I cannot deduct anything. 

From time to time buyer would put the correct reason and Amazon would leave some money to cover return shipping fees.   You can technically refund that money and deduct % off of it, but that means you just give customers back return shipping fees that is yours to begin with.

The "charge restock fees" link may be there.  But the total payment is already gone from my account so I cannot deduct anything. 
From time to time buyer would put the correct reason and Amazon would leave some money to cover return shipping fees.   You can technically refund that money and deduct % off of it, but that means you just give customers back return shipping fees that is yours to begin with.

What was return reason?

Amazon doesn’t want to know how I feel

Hello,

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/omaha/email/sp.gif?

We are inviting you to participate in a 5-minute survey about your level of satisfaction and issues you might have experienced with product compliance guidance and support. Your participation in this survey is voluntary and your responses will be anonymous.

We welcome your feedback and suggestions for improvements. You may choose not to answer questions that you consider to be confidential.

This survey is hosted on our behalf by an external party, Qualtrics, so the link does not lead to our website

If someone can indulge/educate me, I stumbled across a Amazon seller tonight who has been active less than a year, has <100 feedbacks, but has... 10,000+ products in their Catalog.

Is this just a standard drop shipper? How does one track and find supply chains for 10k+ products, especially ones no longer in production? Are they willing to take losses and buy stuff from Ebay regardless of price?

I've never really read up on this sort of business model, but it certainly struck me.

If someone can indulge/educate me, I stumbled across a Amazon seller tonight who has been active less than a year, has Is this just a standard drop shipper? How does one track and find supply chains for 10k+ products, especially ones no longer in production? Are they willing to take losses and buy stuff from Ebay regardless of price?
I've never really read up on this sort of business model, but it certainly struck me.

It’s a common model, the same that Toycentric used. Abuse one market place to gain traction in another. My guess is Amazon will be turning a blind eye for the foreseeable future until the supply chain is sorted out. They are increasingly relying on 3p sellers to meet demand during this time.

• Like 1