Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

23 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

I have chrome on both a laptop and desktop that I use and the link is there on the laptop and not on the desktop. They both have the same exact (updates and all) version of chrome. It makes zero sense. 

Hmm, come to think of it, maybe the cookies have something to do with it (my Firefox should clean up cookies after a few weeks). 

Try logging off Amazon on your desktop and clean up Amazon cookies.  Close the browser completely, and then log in to Amazon.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:55 AM, gmpirate said:

Amazon is like credit card companies.  They don't really care about individual or low volume scammers.  The only party that really loose out are the merchants/3rd party sellers so there is no real incentive.  Don't like it?  Lol, ok don't accept credit cards or sell on Amazon.

It hurts when the scammers get away hitting you with those big expensive sets.  I have five cases in one week in Amazon, ranging from $670 to $2500 each.  I do FBA on Amazon, they classified each of them as customer damaged return, sticking me with the loss. 

Some of them were even stickered with "slibuy's stickers, not to mention the one that had a goodwill label on it. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Undercover Boss said:

It hurts when the scammers get away hitting you with those big expensive sets.  I have five cases in one week in Amazon, ranging from $670 to $2500 each.  I do FBA on Amazon, they classified each of them as customer damaged return, sticking me with the loss. 

Some of them were even stickered with "slibuy's stickers, not to mention the one that had a goodwill label on it. 

It's a volume game on Amazon.

I fbm sets over $200 for that very reason. Although with returns auto approved and refund at first scan depending on return reason Amazon is sucking more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

I fbm sets over $200 for that very reason. Although with returns auto approved and refund at first scan depending on return reason Amazon is sucking more and more.

still with fbm, the buyer have to actually put the set in an outer box and return it to you if they want a full refund.  fba returns, buyers just dgaf -> ups store, they just stick a label directly on the item and ship it "naked" back to you  - well first it goes to amazon return warehouse where it can get smashed further and then shipped back to you to find out the minifigures are all missing and then the SAFE-T claim is denied when you don't have proper invoices.   

these issues are nothing compared to the issue of increasing seller count which seems to be exploding this year.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

still with fbm, the buyer have to actually put the set in an outer box and return it to you if they want a full refund.  fba returns, buyers just dgaf -> ups store, they just stick a label directly on the item and ship it "naked" back to you  - well first it goes to amazon return warehouse where it can get smashed further and then shipped back to you to find out the minifigures are all missing and then the SAFE-T claim is denied when you don't have proper invoices.   
these issues are nothing compared to the issue of increasing seller count which seems to be exploding this year.

Yeah but based on recent safe t claim reimbursements, you aren’t getting the full amount back.

2 hours ago, cladner said:

This right here......some of these numbers are out of control! Direct result of not having to "qualify" for the toys category this year perhaps?

2 hours ago, cladner said:

This is the template response that I have been getting....As long as the set matches the photos from the detail pages, regardless that they are replacing the contents.  Its being determined as "customer damaged".

So a customer buys a sealed 10221 and sends me back the box filled with duplo. Because the box received matches the details pages, they are saying that I got the product back. The set being replaced by Duplo is determined customer damaged.

Capture.JPG

3 hours ago, cladner said:

You forgot the part where amazon first takes a box cutter and cuts out the customer shipping label before sending it on to you.  This is done just to ensure there is no chance of you getting your item back in sellable condition.

20 hours ago, gmpirate said:

You forgot the part where amazon first takes a box cutter and cuts out the customer shipping label before sending it on to you.  This is done just to ensure there is no chance of you getting your item back in sellable condition.

don't forget killing used set sales so you cant even get rid of the damaged inventory easily

21 hours ago, gmpirate said:

given the volume there got to be a machine that cuts out those labels...I totally picture it being call the "FU Resellers Machine 2000" 

• Haha 1

This is an interesting trend. I have seen this several times now on Lego sets that are hard to find whether semi retired or retired. Next step for them is to buy third party seller inventory and drive the prices even higher.

6 hours ago, thombockerman said:

They could just fulfill their orders using third party fba inventory. Then make the sellers provide invoices for reimbursement

And then if there is ever an issue, return, etc. they just send it back to the 3rd party seller and charge them a fee for it.  It's really brilliant.  Sell it to us originally, we hold it for a year or two and then they figured out how to make an even bigger return on us.

This is an interesting trend. I have seen this several times now on Lego sets that are hard to find whether semi retired or retired. Next step for them is to buy third party seller inventory and drive the prices even higher.

Nah. It was a glitch and resolved itself within about an hour. Buy box is at its original level for the set now. We all think some evil troll is behind the scenes manipulating things but really all it is are bots and algorithms. I think we all know through experience how incompetent Amazon’s human staff is so I highly doubt they’re going to stick it to 3p sellers outside of their typical incompetence.

28 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Nah. It was a glitch and resolved itself within about an hour. Buy box is at its original level for the set now. We all think some evil troll is behind the scenes manipulating things but really all it is are bots and algorithms. I think we all know through experience how incompetent Amazon’s human staff is so I highly doubt they’re going to stick it to 3p sellers outside of their typical incompetence.

there used to be a seller that drop shipped from ebay that sold lego sets on amazon.I noticed a new seller popped up on amazon with thousands and thousands of toy listings and only 1 of each.Is this seller also a drop shipper  the display name is bird-e   . The feedback with some items not being new makes me suspect he/she is 

16 hours ago, river41 said:

there used to be a seller that drop shipped from ebay that sold lego sets on amazon.I noticed a new seller popped up on amazon with thousands and thousands of toy listings and only 1 of each.Is this seller also a drop shipper  the display name is bird-e   . The feedback with some items not being new makes me suspect he/she is 

It would appear that the infamous Toycentric has rebranded himself…he's now listed under bird-eshop on ebay. This guy is a prolific drop shipper (and major d****e) who uses and abuses eBay to fulfill third party orders via Amazon. 

200.webp

Edited by Lego Lass

37 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

It would appear that the infamous Toycentric has rebranded himself…he's now listed under bird-eshop on ebay. This guy is a prolific drop shipper (and major d****e) who uses and abuses eBay to fulfill third party orders via Amazon. 

200.webp

i actually do not think it is toycentric just someone with the same business model.