Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

17 minutes ago, My_own_2_bricks said:

I did the same as well, uline 8x6x2,3, and 4 boxes. At a dollar some thing each  I figure just avoiding one return pays for a lot of boxes. Agree that prep time is awful.

Good Luck with all that.  I recently bought some Mando packs "Ships from Amazon, by Amazon" and they were all from a 3rd party seller -- in individual boxes -- all crushed and mangled -- all inside one big outer box.

Try as you might to outsmart Amazon, they will find a way!

I am still missing 12 sales to reach 25 sales goal this year, bad business, did not sell much. Any fast track to have 12 sales in less than a week?

I don’t believe Amazon sent out a qualification requirement for the holidays to continue to sell via FBM this year. Very likely because they feel that they need all 3p sellers to meet holiday demand with these continued disruptions. Then again, we might wake up tomorrow with a message announcing otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, yyyybird said:

anyone know how to change shipping settings to not to ship to AK, HI, PR.

I am new on amazon and currently on individual plan, can not find such option, does this mean I have to upgrade to pro. does it worth it?

Not sure. If you do upgrade to pro, please share what the process is like in terms of document verification.

49 minutes ago, yyyybird said:

i do not think you need any document, but there is a monthly subscription fee

let us know if you try. im in same boat looking to upgrade to pro but getting conflicting info on the process and what to expect so holding off for now 

Edited by Bricklectic

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

let us know if you try. im in same boat looking to upgrade to pro but getting conflicting info on the process and what to expect so holding off for now 

I think @Phil Bturns his on for the holidays and then off sometime after. I’m pretty sure they don’t ask for any documentation.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 8:33 AM, yyyybird said:

I am still missing 12 sales to reach 25 sales goal this year, bad business, did not sell much. Any fast track to have 12 sales in less than a week?

Sell 12 polybags.  If you need to, run to Target and then practically give them away to get your sales.  Easy to ship and won't cost you much, even if you do actually give them away.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I think @Phil Bturns his on for the holidays and then off sometime after. I’m pretty sure they don’t ask for any documentation.

I can confirm. I've done this the past 3 or 4 years (including a few weeks ago) and have never had to provide any documentation. YMMV of course, and with Amazon, who knows what will happen next year...

• Like 4

New seller with FBA - A set I am trying to send says "Amazon Barcode Only", which I assume means the regular UPC won't fly for them. Does this mean I have to place a label with "Amazons barcode" on each individual set?

I imagine placing a barcode label right on the set causes issues down the road for the buyer and more returns, is this just part of the deal or should I always avoid using Amazon barcode? If I should avoid, how do you do that when they only give the option for the Amazon barcode... Thanks for any help!

Edited by scatttcat

1 hour ago, scatttcat said:

New seller with FBA - A set I am trying to send says "Amazon Barcode Only", which I assume means the regular UPC won't fly for them. Does this mean I have to place a label with "Amazons barcode" on each individual set?

I imagine placing a barcode label right on the set causes issues down the road for the buyer and more returns, is this just part of the deal or should I always avoid using Amazon barcode? If I should avoid, how do you do that when they only give the option for the Amazon barcode... Thanks for any help!

These are just the standard barcode labels that are always applied to items.  Use removable labels.  There's tons of FBA videos to watch as well.

Edited by gmpirate
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, legorunner said:

I can confirm. I've done this the past 3 or 4 years (including a few weeks ago) and have never had to provide any documentation. YMMV of course, and with Amazon, who knows what will happen next year...

I am thinking though that once you do it, you no longer need to provide for future changes. It's a relatively new phenomenon (the documentation request) related to some scam (see below). You may have changed it before the documentation request. Curious for recent data points of first time upgrades - form all i see on the forums, it takes 45-60 days  for amazon to upgrade, and thats IF you perfectly meet their specific criteria. See below from upgrade page.

Upgrade to a Professional Selling Plan

Looking to list and sell more items on Amazon? For $39.99, take your sales on Amazon to the next level with powerful inventory and order tools and lower fees!

Note: To help us maintain a trusted marketplace for buyers and sellers, we review all requests to upgrade a selling plan and will ask you to provide additional documentation. After we receive your upgrade request, you will receive an email within 72 hours with information on how to provide this documentation. After we receive the documents, the review process can last up to three business days. Any existing listings for your account will be suspended while the review is in progress.

image.thumb.png.1c066077971d883df23d415309875175.png
image.png.afeeace378697cccca081a8457dac242.png
image.thumb.png.d6885d51e8b469d622802c40deebfd43.png
Edited by Bricklectic

On 10/7/2021 at 9:17 AM, jeff_14 said:

Me neither. I think someone earlier said it was only being asked if you sold $30000 a month or something 

Found the email from Amazon. They sent it September 13th. Missed it. 30 days from the email to get the insurance and submit. Took care of it last night and approved by Amazon a few hours later. Check your emails. 

Edited by LegoBro

First they came for the fashion category...

To provide the best possible customer experience, you will no longer be able to deduct the return shipping fee for prepaid labels on in policy returns. This will take effect on October 26, 2021, and apply to all Fashion items listed under Apparel, Shoes, Jewelry, or Watches sold in Amazon’s online store and shipped to a US address.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/amazon-india-rigging/

The documents reveal how Amazon’s private-brands team in India secretly exploited internal data from Amazon.in to copy products sold by other companies, and then offered them on its platform. 

This is the second in a series of stories based on internal Amazon documents that provide a rare, unvarnished look, in the company’s own words, into business practices that it has denied for years.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

If you have Ice Skating Rink 40416 at FBA - check the FBA dimensions and fulfillment fees.  It's currently classified as Oversize by mistake, and an FBA seller with inventory at a warehouse has to request a re-measurement.  Cheers.

Current (incorrect) dimensions:

Unit volume
924.661 cubic inches
Unit weight
3.199 pounds
Package dimensions
19.45 x 13.74 x 3.46 inches