Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Anyone getting FBA inventory showing up as inactive when you have inventory showing in stock? I had this happen with a few items a week ago, lasted a day or two and then came back as active. But now it's another 6 items. I imagine it's some sort of glitch they are working through, but it does raise the eyebrow.

showing up as inventory error

Edited by LegoBro

Just had a Non-LEGO Spider-Man product removed from the Amazon catalog becauuuuuuse:

"This product has been identified as a pesticide product, pesticide device, or a product that contains pesticidal claims. To be considered for reinstatement, please provide evidence of an EPA Registration number and/or EPA Establishment number or a certification that the product is exempt from EPA regulations. You will need to provide this information in the Pesticide Marking attribute for the listing."

l...o...l?

Holiday gate is coming down for many people on some sets. Check gingerbread house if you can sell. Also for insurance Ashlin Hadden works great with amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

next doesnt provide insurance for my state. the comparison website quote is 550 for me as well. seems high. its just lego.

You have to have a million dollar liability for amazon. Doesn’t matter what inventory you have nor does it cover your actual inventory not at Amazon.

53 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

Holiday gate is coming down for many people on some sets. Check gingerbread house if you can sell. Also for insurance Ashlin Hadden works great with amazon.

You have to have a million dollar liability for amazon. Doesn’t matter what inventory you have nor does it cover your actual inventory not at Amazon.

there used to be 2 gingerbread house listings.  one which i've always been gated on and a second alternative listing i could list on that was deleted back in March.

a bigger issue than gating is amazon (the seller) still selling retired sets at msrp  like 75248 resistance awing and last years harry potter advent calendar both in stock from amazon.com the seller now for months on end.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Anyone getting FBA inventory showing up as inactive when you have inventory showing in stock? I had this happen with a few items a week ago, lasted a day or two and then came back as active. But now it's another 6 items. I imagine it's some sort of glitch they are working through, but it does raise the eyebrow.

showing up as inventory error

I had a few, opened a case. They refreshed the item and they show again.

• Like 1

Next up is bend over and take it like a champ.

Offer free returns for US seller-fulfilled items

Free returns for seller-fulfilled items can improve customers’ experiences on Amazon and boost your sales.

Starting October 28, 2021, you will have the ability to offer free returns on your items. You may offer free returns for your entire selection by signing up at an account level or on specific items by uploading a selected list of SKUs. Customers will see a Free Returns badge on the item details page and on the Online Return Center for all your enrolled items.

By offering free returns, you are unable to deduct the return shipping amount from the refund for in-policy returns, irrespective of the return reason. In cases where no prepaid return label was offered and the buyer has shipped the item back, you are required to refund the return shipping amount to the buyer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Next up is bend over and take it like a champ.

Offer free returns for US seller-fulfilled items

Free returns for seller-fulfilled items can improve customers’ experiences on Amazon and boost your sales.

Starting October 28, 2021, you will have the ability to offer free returns on your items. You may offer free returns for your entire selection by signing up at an account level or on specific items by uploading a selected list of SKUs. Customers will see a Free Returns badge on the item details page and on the Online Return Center for all your enrolled items.

By offering free returns, you are unable to deduct the return shipping amount from the refund for in-policy returns, irrespective of the return reason. In cases where no prepaid return label was offered and the buyer has shipped the item back, you are required to refund the return shipping amount to the buyer.

I don't do much merchant fulfilled on Amazon, but this would be fine with me.  The only reason we can command higher prices and higher volume on Amazon is because of their fast shipping and generous customer service policies.  I offer free returns on Ebay and I get maybe 1 return out of every 1000 orders.

1 minute ago, cobrakai said:

I don't do much merchant fulfilled on Amazon, but this would be fine with me.  The only reason we can command higher prices and higher volume on Amazon is because of their fast shipping and generous customer service policies.  I offer free returns on Ebay and I get maybe 1 return out of every 1000 orders.

well, if you did you would understand. It is already bad enough as is, and the % on Amazon is way higher than that of eBay's and scammers are more rampant. Of course this only applies to those 3rd part sellers who get scammed/returns, seems some people are ahem, "immune" to such shenanigans 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I used to think eBay was full of scums and villainy

Then I joined FBA / FBM ....

:drag: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

well, if you did you would understand. It is already bad enough as is, and the % on Amazon is way higher than that of eBay's and scammers are more rampant. Of course this only applies to those 3rd part sellers who get scammed/returns, seems some people are ahem, "immune" to such shenanigans 

Agreed on that.  I only recall being scammed on Ebay once, but many times on Amazon FBA orders.  Items swapped out, build a figure pieces removed, etc.  I did a lot of Amazon MF orders last year and always offered free return shipping.  

5 hours ago, cobrakai said:

Agreed on that.  I only recall being scammed on Ebay once, but many times on Amazon FBA orders.  Items swapped out, build a figure pieces removed, etc.  I did a lot of Amazon MF orders last year and always offered free return shipping.  

Yes it sucks for sure, but there is no alternative, because amazon is the place where people pay stupid money for stuff. So its just part of the game.

On a side note: My last 5 parcels to amazon left today to a FBA center. Good luck to all you guys this year.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:52 AM, cobrakai said:

do you have any luck getting reimbursed when you get scammed by fba. I find it extremely hard lately to get any reimbursement

39 minutes ago, river41 said:

do you have any luck getting reimbursed when you get scammed by fba. I find it extremely hard lately to get any reimbursement

I haven't really tried since last year. I have been reimbursed before, but they are definitely pickier.  Sometimes they ask you to remove the item from the original packaging and take photos now, which is weird.

10 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I haven't really tried since last year. I have been reimbursed before, but they are definitely pickier.  Sometimes they ask you to remove the item from the original packaging and take photos now, which is weird.

so in essence you just take the loss and move on even when you are being scammed ?

2 minutes ago, river41 said:

so in essence you just take the loss and move on even when you are being scammed ?

I haven't been scammed in a while.  If someone did a switcheroo or removed a piece from an item, I will always try to get a reimbursement. I think Amazon has a system on the backend to keep track of people that do this.  I have one customer order like 6 Marvel Legends figures in a 2 year period and return every single one of them with no build a figure pieces.  My recent manual reimbursement requests are usually when items are mislabeled by Amazon (when I pay them to label) and things like that.  

19 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I haven't been scammed in a while.  If someone did a switcheroo or removed a piece from an item, I will always try to get a reimbursement. I think Amazon has a system on the backend to keep track of people that do this.  I have one customer order like 6 Marvel Legends figures in a 2 year period and return every single one of them with no build a figure pieces.  My recent manual reimbursement requests are usually when items are mislabeled by Amazon (when I pay them to label) and things like that.  

I always report scammers. Not sure if it helps or not but I’d like to think Amazon somehow tracks it on the backend like they do with excessive returns 

14 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I always report scammers. Not sure if it helps or not but I’d like to think Amazon somehow tracks it on the backend like they do with excessive returns 

Amazon is like credit card companies.  They don't really care about individual or low volume scammers.  The only party that really loose out are the merchants/3rd party sellers so there is no real incentive.  Don't like it?  Lol, ok don't accept credit cards or sell on Amazon.

5 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Anyone have a trick to get the "sell on Amazon" button to show up?  It was not showing up for me on Safari last night for me and so I went to Firefox and had no issues.  Now this morning its not showing up on Safari or Firefox.

You don't need that button. Go to your inventory and add from there by ASIN# or name. 

26 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I know workarounds.  I have a ton to list and its just faster to link directly from the product page.

I had the same experience.  I used Firefox for the longest time and the link went away.  I switched browser and the link showed up on Chrome.  Then I went back to Firefox after 2-3 weeks of not using it and the link shows up back on Firefox.

Probably you need a 3rd browser?

11 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I had the same experience.  I used Firefox for the longest time and the link went away.  I switched browser and the link showed up on Chrome.  Then I went back to Firefox after 2-3 weeks of not using it and the link shows up back on Firefox.

Probably you need a 3rd browser?

I have chrome on both a laptop and desktop that I use and the link is there on the laptop and not on the desktop. They both have the same exact (updates and all) version of chrome. It makes zero sense.