Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

26 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Anyone notice an uptick on restricted lego products today? I could have swore fossils was good to go just a few days ago now shows up as restricted for moi. Noticed a few others seemed to change status as well. Restrictions for the Xmas season?

Can still list 21320 in UK amazon, no restriction?

29 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Anyone notice an uptick on restricted lego products today? I could have swore fossils was good to go just a few days ago now shows up as restricted for moi. Noticed a few others seemed to change status as well. Restrictions for the Xmas season?

Fossils also restricted for me.

29 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Sometime the restrictions are only for Christmas other times they take longer to open up and in some cases they never do 

1 hour ago, LegoBro said:

Are any of the listings non-exclusives?

1 hour ago, LegoBro said:

I am not restricted on Fossils.  Not seeing any uptick on restrictions either.  What I noticed were increasing takedowns of secondary listings.

Yes, I saw that too. Had a shipment workflow setup last week with ginger bread house and 31202. Today I am restricted on both. Do I continue with the shipment playing dum? It is probably going to lockup when I get to the nexts step of printing labels. I sold tons of ginger bread houses last year. Bought tons for this year. Thanks Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, brickology101 said:

Yes, I saw that too. Had a shipment workflow setup last week with ginger bread house and 31202. Today I am restricted on both. Do I continue with the shipment playing dum? It is probably going to lockup when I get to the nexts step of printing labels. emoji848.png I sold tons of ginger bread houses last year. Bought tons for this year. Thanks Amazon.

No.  You will not be able to sell.

No.  You will not be able to sell.

Yep, you are right, they would go stranded right away. I opened a case and the customer service lady I spoke to sounded helpful but I am not having too much hope.

I have a friend who sells legos only on Amazon too and that person is not restricted on these two listings. That person started selling a few months earlier than I and that was several years ago. We are both the same type of third party seller and we both sell only Legos but I have always done about 1/2 of what that person sells annually. So, unless the few months difference about when we both started makes the difference, it surely looks to me like the more one sells on Amazon, the more doors open up.

Yep, you are right, they would go stranded right away. I opened a case and the customer service lady I spoke to sounded helpful but I am not having too much hope.

I have a friend who sells legos only on Amazon too and that person is not restricted on these two listings. That person started selling a few months earlier than I and that was several years ago. We are both the same type of third party seller and we both sell only Legos but I have always done about 1/2 of what that person sells annually. So, unless the few months difference about when we both started makes the difference, it surely looks to me like the more one sells on Amazon, the more doors open up.

Generally, yes, but that still doesn’t explain some of the bizarre gates that appear randomly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

It's still random.

17 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I don’t see how they can send it now. Assuming it’s the same qualifying period as past years, it’s over now and you can’t send a notice about how to qualify in the past when we can’t time travel. 

They will either just open it to everyone ( my guess ) or just close it without notice for those who don’t quality per previous guides. 

32 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I don’t see how they can send it now. Assuming it’s the same qualifying period as past years, it’s over now and you can’t send a notice about how to qualify in the past when we can’t time travel. 

13 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

They will either just open it to everyone ( my guess ) or just close it without notice for those who don’t quality per previous guides. 

yup, its amazon, fairness to sellers isnt their top priority. 

I think it's been brought up before, but the theory that they have shipping issues and want more sellers is seeming more plausible by the day

yup, its amazon, fairness to sellers isnt their top priority. 
I think it's been brought up before, but the theory that they have shipping issues and want more sellers is seeming more plausible by the day

That theory does not seem to hold water or at least not entirely considering that Amazon gates authorized sellers to sell some items during the holidays.

7 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

That theory does not seem to hold water or at least not entirely considering that Amazon gates authorized sellers to sell some items during the holidays.

gating is a different beast, no one has plumbed the depths of the confounding algothrimic logic that governs the gates.