Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

20 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I immediately thought of @redcell when I read this email about new service for FBM:

Customer Service by Amazon: Delegate customer service for your self-fulfillment orders to Amazon

Hello,

You are invited to join Customer Service by Amazon (CSBA). CSBA is a paid service where Amazon takes care of customer service on your behalf for your self-fulfillment orders. We will direct customer inquiries for these orders to Amazon Customer Service so that you do not need to handle them.

To join CSBA now and utilize Amazon’s expertise to provide your customers a delightful post-order customer experience, sign up here –

Oh great, now I can have 2 different Amazon people conspire with the customer when they return something that was “not delivered, not as pictured, missing pieces, etc”

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I immediately thought of @redcell when I read this email about new service for FBM:

Customer Service by Amazon: Delegate customer service for your self-fulfillment orders to Amazon

Hello,

You are invited to join Customer Service by Amazon (CSBA). CSBA is a paid service where Amazon takes care of customer service on your behalf for your self-fulfillment orders. We will direct customer inquiries for these orders to Amazon Customer Service so that you do not need to handle them.

To join CSBA now and utilize Amazon’s expertise to provide your customers a delightful post-order customer experience, sign up here –

This is almost like paying for the barrel they can bend you over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

repricers may have caused this oddity 

image.thumb.png.ed339a2ba8077ccc6d38e4f0ccd2bcf8.png

PFT is an aggressive pricer/undercutter with deep stock.  they routinely undercut the lowest price on many sets, one i am usually paying attention to is the nebulon b listing by $20 (set moves easily for $139 but then along comes pft pricing at $119 - no in between there.  $139 ->  119.  just wait til they run out of stock and the price snaps up.  then they come back and price $20 less.  this seems par for their course.    then you get StJohns taking the bait or just plain not having it with PFT's aggressive repricing - hence the penny undercut coup de gras.  glad i dumped all of my red t1 stock when they hit $240-250 during April 2020 lockdown. 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

when you say "deep stock" are you inferring hundreds or thousands?

I can answer this one. EASILY thousand+. He/She/They have dominated the chicken coop/ zombie cave/ beetle listings since last december. and these sell hundreds each month. im sure cladner can speak for other listings, these are just what i noticed.

• Haha 1

Yep. Mine has fluctuated between 2k-9k since they went into effect with very little rhyme or reason. I've tried to get additional details on what is going to happen with the limits in Q4 with no luck. I've majorly scaled back my plans for Q4 solely because of the restock limits. It will be interesting to see if the limits impact Amazon's bottom line for the year.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Is anyone seeing insane restock limit fluctuation as we go in to Q4?  Increasingly concerned this Christmas is going to be a mess.

,aw

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, cladner said:

PFT is an aggressive pricer/undercutter with deep stock.  they routinely undercut the lowest price on many sets, one i am usually paying attention to is the nebulon b listing by $20 (set moves easily for $139 but then along comes pft pricing at $119 - no in between there.  $139 ->  119.  just wait til they run out of stock and the price snaps up.  then they come back and price $20 less.  this seems par for their course.    then you get StJohns taking the bait or just plain not having it with PFT's aggressive repricing - hence the penny undercut coup de gras.  glad i dumped all of my red t1 stock when they hit $240-250 during April 2020 lockdown. 

16 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

when you say "deep stock" are you inferring hundreds or thousands?

15 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

I can answer this one. EASILY thousand+. He/She/They have dominated the chicken coop/ zombie cave/ beetle listings since last december. and these sell hundreds each month. im sure cladner can speak for other listings, these are just what i noticed.

To me this is the real benefit of Q4 - Clearing out the large sellers so that the coming year the price can rise further. It's the few whales with thousands maybe 10k units of sets that really hold back the appreciation. For them its a numbers game, lower profit but huge volume. They prefer to sell at lower prices and keep the sales volume up. It really takes the holiday season to get them out of the way. Could be wrong here but thats my speculation.

• Like 1

10220 @ $169.99 is low considering the set MSRP was $119. Other retired sets they sell are not undercut by as much I don’t know why. Just an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, brickology101 said:

10220 @ $169.99 is low considering the set MSRP was $119. Other retired sets they sell are not undercut by as much emoji848.png I don’t know why. Just an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they had a little time getting all that stock

46 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Is anyone else not receiving  5% back on their Amazon.com store card when they use their business account ? CS said the 5% only applies to personal account unless I get the Business AMEX Prime card 

Hmmm, never knew that.  My personal account has my resale permit number too.  Does the AMEX give 5% back too?

2 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Does the regular Amazon card have rewards limit too?

It does not but proceed with caution. My account was just closed by Synchrony. I assume the reason was too many transactions (I was making 5+ extra payments every month to lower my balance so that I could buy more (aka they were losing too much money on me). Sucks cause they keep all my reward money so make sure and redeem those rewards every month just in case.

13 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

It does not but proceed with caution. My account was just closed by Synchrony. I assume the reason was too many transactions (I was making 5+ extra payments every month to lower my balance so that I could buy more (aka they were losing too much money on me). Sucks cause they keep all my reward money so make sure and redeem those rewards every month just in case.

A basic tip - fundamental rule of thumb - "cycling" is a big no-no. 

50 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

Are you kidding me?  They specifically told you that?  Or what did they say?

I've had freezes put on two of my credit cards for making extra payments but they told me it was a sign of fraud and that's why.  One was Target which I was making extra payments on to clear buying power, but the other was just a personal use card.  I've heard of it happening with other people too so I didn't give it much thought.  Just another fraud hassle.

1 hour ago, cmartin33 said:

55 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

A basic tip - fundamental rule of thumb - "cycling" is a big no-no. 

Here's some others courtesy of dansdeals:

https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/avoid-credit-cards-closed-red-flags-trigger-financial-reviews-adverse-action-shutdowns/

relevant portion:

• Cycling through your credit line multiple times per month
    • Banks give you a set credit line, which is the maximum risk they want to take on. Some banks will close down your card if you max out your credit line and pay it off multiple times in middle of a billing cycle.

I have many friends shut down at chase for this behavior. And wayyyy to many to mention that have been shut down for others. Chase is the worst for shutdowns but synchrony has an awful reputation as well.

• Like 1

I think it is a fraud risk, not their aversion to people spending too much.  One rep I spoke with said they shut the card down to make sure payments do not come back on them.  During that conversation they said two weeks to make sure.

They will shut cards down if you make too many purchases in a day too.  I think two times is the max they will decline and then have you approve it.  After that they will tell you that you are good to go but really you have to wait until the next day.  And they will not explain it to you, that's just been my experience.

PITA but that's the world we live in.  Especially in other countries, there are people pounding the system constantly with fraud tactics.

3 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

They will shut cards down if you make too many purchases in a day too.  I think two times is the max they will decline and then have you approve it.  After that they will tell you that you are good to go but really you have to wait until the next day.  And they will not explain it to you, that's just been my experience.

I find chase to be the worst. Amex tolerable. Discover by far the best. Discover I absolutely destroy with 30 Target and Walmart orders consecutively for sam e amounts before finally they figure its a good idea to check with me if i authorized. Chase -2 or 3 and they get nervous. In general I tread super light with chase since i have a zero % aPR card with balance and 300k in point so i dont want to risk a closure with them. Plus they have the largest sign up bonuses