Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

6 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Same here. First time for me this year. What’s the generaL consensus - do we just need to ignore them or delete the affected listings? The tally for me reached 150 items but is currently at 82 so it seems to be falling. 

I'm sticking with the ignore option at this point...most of these requests are for product that I deleted long ago...so it doesn't make any sense. My product compliance page shows 0 violations.....I am just going to hope this too passes like all the other times.

A nice (knock on wood) development. Ever since Amazon updated their FBA flow I haven't had to send inventory into more than a single warehouse for the past four shipments. Yay! Like clockwork, the minute my units arrive ALL of them go into FC transfer. The last box had eight units and not one went to the receiving warehouse. I'm really hope that they don't revert to requiring FBA sellers send into multiple warehouses. That was a huge pain in the rear. 

• Like 2

A nice (knock on wood) development. Ever since Amazon updated their FBA flow I haven't had to send inventory into more than a single warehouse for the past four shipments. Yay! Like clockwork, the minute my units arrive ALL of them go into FC transfer. The last box had eight units and not one went to the receiving warehouse. I'm really hope that they don't revert to requiring FBA sellers send into multiple warehouses. That was a huge pain in the rear. 
What date did this start happening? I haven't seen it yet, but like everything, maybe it will phase in.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

What date did this start happening? I haven't seen it yet, but like everything, maybe it will phase in.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

About a month or two ago when they switched to the new FBA shipping flow and it may just be unique to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I agree with that assessment too. Units become available with quantities a lot quicker. I had a shipment whereby the items showed up in my inventory with zero quantity even before the shipment was marked as receiving. Never saw that before. Also I like with the new flow that I can pack before approving the shipment. If a set is damaged or missing or else I can simply remove it before shipment is approved. No more headaches or doubts with those risky final quantity adjustments. Cons of the new flow are the need to click for prep requirement (none) on each and every sku. Yuck. Why not have a single click for same prep requirement (none) on all sky’s ? Also, at this time, they do not have a web based box content, dim and weight entry that is web based. So an excel file needs to be downloaded, filled and then uploaded. And for those who have Mac forget numbers, it won’t accept even after conversion to .xlsx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have a customer that requested a return for a FBM order last week with the reason "arrived too late" even though tracking shows delivered before the delivery window. I authorized the return. No point in arguing with them. Today they sent a Where's My Stuff? message claiming it hasn't arrived. Normally I would direct them to open an A-Z claim since it shows delivered and I purchased shipping through Amazon. But my question is, since I have already authorized the return, will it allow them to open an A-Z claim for INR since a return has been authorized?  Any advice is appreciated.  

4 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

I have a customer that requested a return for a FBM order last week with the reason "arrived too late" even though tracking shows delivered before the delivery window. I authorized the return. No point in arguing with them. Today they sent a Where's My Stuff? message claiming it hasn't arrived. Normally I would direct them to open an A-Z claim since it shows delivered and I purchased shipping through Amazon. But my question is, since I have already authorized the return, will it allow them to open an A-Z claim for INR since a return has been authorized?  Any advice is appreciated.  

My guess is this is a scammer hoping to get a freebie. Some sellers will argue about " arrived too late" when tracking would say otherwise and the scammer is buying time in the hope the seller doesn't authorize and provide prepaid label within 48 hours. they then move to the next step with a slightly different variation, hoping again the seller would argue with them. I would point them to the fact they already said it arrived - that way you have it as additional  proof - and also invite them to open AZ claim. I wouldn't reply to them beyond that. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

I have a customer in Canada who wants to return a Mack Anthem because there were pieces missing.  I know for a fact that it was shipped new/sealed.  What is the best course of action?  Thanks in advance.

Accept the return.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

I have a customer in Canada who wants to return a Mack Anthem because there were pieces missing.  I know for a fact that it was shipped new/sealed.  What is the best course of action?  Thanks in advance.

Accept the return and provide a prepaid label . Inspect upon return and decide accordingly 

9 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Understood.  Just curious, what are we expecting to find upon inspection though?

My reply to return would be along these lines ; please accept our apology for this issue . We kindly ask that you return everything inside a shipping box along with all stickers sheets , instruction manuals and minifigures ( if applicable ). A refund will be issued once the item is returned per Amazon’s policies . ( do not mention full refund ).

once returned inspect set . If valuable pieces and items ( mentioned above ) are missing or BLepin/ rocks are inside then you can withhold up to 50% or file a Safe-T claim if you so choose . It is a bit tricky with missing pieces as return reason since the seller- per amazon - is at fault . But a blatant scam will strengthen your case .

also a chance the buyer is looking for an argument without having any intention of returning the item hoping to keep it for free . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

My reply to return would be along these lines ; please accept our apology for this issue . We kindly ask that you return everything inside a shipping box along with all stickers sheets , instruction manuals and minifigures ( if applicable ). A refund will be issued once the item is returned per Amazon’s policies . ( do not mention full refund ).

once returned inspect set . If valuable pieces and items ( mentioned above ) are missing or BLepin/ rocks are inside then you can withhold up to 50% or file a Safe-T claim if you so choose . It is a bit tricky with missing pieces as return reason since the seller- per amazon - is at fault . But a blatant scam will strengthen your case .

also a chance the buyer is looking for an argument without having any intention of returning the item hoping to keep it for free . 

Great information, thanks a lot.

All I could find was this:

"Toys & Games - Collectible

Collectible toys and games must be rare, exclusive, one-of-a-kind, or otherwise unique. The General Condition Guidelines do not apply to the Collectible Toys & Games."

Dear Amazon, does "out of production" qualify as "rare"?

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

Collectible toys and games must be rare, exclusive, one-of-a-kind, or otherwise unique. The General Condition Guidelines do not apply to the Collectible Toys & Games."

Oh nvm then. I didn’t notice that . Lol. 

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

"or otherwise unique" Sounds like the intent is to reserve collectible vs new as specifically being unique. if the set is retires all the new ones are the same status so seemingly they would not qualify as collectible.

6 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Are you taking any action to try to fix it?

I'm inclined to do nothing...LOL.

I did send one appeal in citing the out of print policy but haven’t heard back . Not much can be done at this point . I closed all listings after the second warning so 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1