Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

19 hours ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

It’s why we call it “Returnuary”.

Such BS, I’m taking hits for shipping on my metrics on eBay and amazon.

One package I dropped off on December 21st, in the drop box, priority Mail. Was scanned in today as being received by the post office. 15 days to scan a package in. Wonderful. Buyer has already filed and been rewarded the money back.

waiting for the day that amazon will start offering it's third party sellers a shipping service to have the package picked up and delivered to customers.

My advice to the customer would be no. 

what they want to do is take your item to kohls and drop it off and leave like it was an amazon order. Kohls packs it up and mails it. If they do that it’s going to a return center and you will still have to refund. You will never see that item again. 

they need to pack it up and put it in their mailbox or drop it off at the post office. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, odysea11 said:

Anyone else get any nastygrams from AMZ last night? Lots of PCR's (Product Compliance Request) going out. I only got a handful for Funko and board games. AMZ and their f**king games....SMH....live by the sword/die by the sword....it's their world, we're just selling in it!

Yep.  I am going to ignore most of them since I have been OOS for a while

• Like 1

23 hours ago, skinsfan0521 said:

So, what do you guys do when you get those PCR requirements for items that you're currently selling? I've gotten a few lately for some polybags that I'm selling MFN. Some of them I have probably 100+ left of, so I really don't want to stop selling them and delete the listing.

um . . .  ignore it?

Question for the Vets......since more and more ASIN's are becoming restricted for some of us, does it make a difference if you essentially list a product as a "placeholder" while you are allowed to list just in case the item switches over to restricted. In other words, would you be "grandfathered in" to that ASIN so if it did switch to restricted at a later date, and still be allowed to sell that ASIN? It sure seems that more and more ASIN's are getting the restricted tag which is getting frustrating. Just wondering if there is a way to combat the growing list of restricted items? I hope my question makes sense....

11 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Question for the Vets......since more and more ASIN's are becoming restricted for some of us, does it make a difference if you essentially list a product as a "placeholder" while you are allowed to list just in case the item switches over to restricted. In other words, would you be "grandfathered in" to that ASIN so if it did switch to restricted at a later date, and still be allowed to sell that ASIN? It sure seems that more and more ASIN's are getting the restricted tag which is getting frustrating. Just wondering if there is a way to combat the growing list of restricted items? I hope my question makes sense....

In my experience, it has not made a difference.  I've sold listings and replenished only to find them restricted at a later point.  Ive also had those same listings become open again as well.  I still buy restricted (or likewise items) figuring I will be ungated on them eventually since that's been my experience through the years.  My only exception are Lego Darth Maul magnets that I have been stuck with (100+).

Edited by gmpirate
  • Like 1

Not anymore. It used to help but did nothing in our group experiment this past year.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

I wish my sales were as robust as the compliance notices are....been a solid week of compliance requirement emails...

Yay LEGO! Amazon!

Never had a compliance request (think this is new to Canada) before last week but now it shows 150 affected listings and I get an email for 5 of them everyday. What a joke. All sets that were once available from Amazon itself so they’ve already got the safety certificates, like anyone needs one for Lego, the largest toy manufacturer in the world. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So is it just me? I am still getting a daily email from AMZ about compliance requirements. It is like clockwork. Every day...1 email...5 ASIN's...Many of them are for product that I once had listed, but don't have any inventory of anymore. But a few are for current listings. I'm feeling the squeeze...

2 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

So is it just me? I am still getting a daily email from AMZ about compliance requirements. It is like clockwork. Every day...1 email...5 ASIN's...Many of them are for product that I once had listed, but don't have any inventory of anymore. But a few are for current listings. I'm feeling the squeeze...

Same here. First time for me this year. What’s the generaL consensus - do we just need to ignore them or delete the affected listings? The tally for me reached 150 items but is currently at 82 so it seems to be falling.