Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

17 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It is so annoying to have orders that have been pending for 4+ days.  I'd rather have the ability to cancel these because if these go through, from buyers POV the shipment are going to be late, ie. "I placed order 4 days ago and you ship a week later ?"

I'm in Vacation Mode, good luck ya'll.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It is so annoying to have orders that have been pending for 4+ days.  I'd rather have the ability to cancel these because if these go through, from buyers POV the shipment are going to be late, ie. "I placed order 4 days ago and you ship a week later ?"

4 days isn't bad.  I have around 75 orders that have been pending for at least a week and 15 that have been pending for at least 3 weeks.

14 hours ago, cobrakai said:

No, it was not SFP.  I only had this happen once so I was kind of reading between the lines about why the A to Z was originally granted to the customer.  Same thing has happened on Ebay.  I have never won a claim on Ebay unless the order shows delivered (even if shipped/scanned on time.)  

Ebay is a different type of animal. Lost in transit equals full refund to customers per ebay rules.

Amazon if not SFP, you should've file a dispute. 

I really wish Amazon more aggressively filtered out post Christmas buy box delivery times.

It takes a 4$ undercut from FBM with an infinitely far future date to snipe it. I don't know if people are still buying they FBM's (they may). But I do know it kills traffic to "hidden" FBA listings. Also purchasing anything through the phone, you can't see the delivery timelines.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I really wish Amazon more aggressively filtered out post Christmas buy box delivery times.

It takes a 4$ undercut from FBM with an infinitely far future date to snipe it. I don't know if people are still buying they FBM's (they may). But I do know it kills traffic to "hidden" FBA listings. Also purchasing anything through the phone, you can't see the delivery timelines.

my FBM orders aren't what they were compared to two days even though my BB % has doubled. if that helps . 

Interesting, my FBM throughput has stayed pretty rippin' hot. I am in the midwest so the entire U.S. is still deliverable by Christmas on standard shipping. I'm wondering if the listings will drop off going into the weekend.

Either way, doing more FBM next year on some targeted sets. It was easily worth it. I think the buy box used to be much more severe against FBM then it is now. the 4$ difference is negligible considering storage and transit.

10 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

my FBM orders aren't what they were compared to two days even though my BB % has doubled. if that helps . 

Amazon clutched the Tree House listing at 199.99. RIP.

Edited by landphieran
Treehouse RIP

9 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Interesting, my FBM throughput has stayed pretty rippin' hot. I am in the midwest so the entire U.S. is still deliverable by Christmas on standard shipping. I'm wondering if the listings will drop off going into the weekend.

Either way, doing more FBM next year on some targeted sets. It was easily worth it. I think the buy box used to be much more severe against FBM then it is now. the 4$ difference is negligible considering storage and transit.

my first year using FBM had def been a success overall . Will look into growing that arm of the business next year for sure.

I have MF orders picked up by USPS on 12/7 that have still not been delivered to customers (some haven't left my state yet.)  Meanwhile, I have FBA shipments that were picked up at my house by UPS on 12/10 that have already been checked in and sold to customers.  I'm not wasting my time doing MF right now.  Most of my stuff is first class and the added cost of using UPS or Fedex would kill my margin. 

2 hours ago, landphieran said:

Ouch!  If I hadn’t gotten busy with other work I would have sent a bunch in this week.  Now I have a bigger decision to make.  Maybe I’ll wait first to see if Amazon sells through.

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

my first year using FBM had def been a success overall . Will look into growing that arm of the business next year for sure.

I didn’t have time to prepare for it this year but I plan to at least be ready next year.  Although I worry about all these packages in limbo you guys are talking about.  I hate having to deal with that sort of thing.  Takes up so much time responding to customers 

13 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I didn’t have time to prepare for it this year but I plan to at least be ready next year.  Although I worry about all these packages in limbo you guys are talking about.  I hate having to deal with that sort of thing.  Takes up so much time responding to customers 

I am at 100% delivery on time metric. plan early and organize, you will do just fine. 

1 minute ago, Bricklectic said:

Tried listing Triceratops Rampage for 93$ FBA and got a price too high delisting message from amazon. Strangely there are many listed for higher, in fact 93$ would be the lowest. Anyone experience this?

Yeah I ran into this as well. I tried deleting the listing for a while but still no dice. I'm wondering if they have seed prices setup on each person's selling account. 

This is rather adorable, I ain't even mad. Also 30k in three years... Alert the presses!

https://grow.acorns.com/amp/how-to-sell-lego-online/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, landphieran said:

Yeah I ran into this as well. I tried deleting the listing for a while but still no dice. I'm wondering if they have seed prices setup on each person's selling account. 

Thanks. I'm a little new to the Amazon game, been on eBay mostly for a while. Is there any account metrics at risk for repeat high price listings? Like can I keep trying at 92...91....90 till I hit an acceptable price to the bots, or do I risk my account getting flagged or suspended. 

8 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

For FBM is there a minimum size or dollar amount that makes sense?  I.e. I would think selling Brickheadz & small Speed Champions might not make sense because of shopping costs whereas it really doesn’t matter with FBA.

Selling small Speed Champions or Brickheadz for $50 - $60 and paying $5-$8 for shipping sounds good to me.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

For FBM is there a minimum size or dollar amount that makes sense?  I.e. I would think selling Brickheadz & small Speed Champions might not make sense because of shopping costs whereas it really doesn’t matter with FBA.

22 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Selling small Speed Champions or Brickheadz for $50 - $60 and paying $5-$8 for shipping sounds good to me.

Honestly most things are good FBM. As I mentioned previously, FBM is winning buy box undercutting 4$. That is a freaking steal of a price this time of a year. You would have paid a ton in storage fee's, uncertain transit times, and thus uncertain prices. FBA causes people to have this urge to move inventory and drop prices due to the storage expense.

1. You have a decent unit count (20-30).

2. You have a bundle of boxes for them.

3. Surging price you don't want to miss on

Or

1. Large Set

2. Case Packed Lego

3. Slow to Medium volume Sellers (avoid fee's).

Or

1. Time sensitive flip

I sold through 40 Kessel Runs I got at Costco in individual cases in two days at 290$. (The price is 290 FBA right now). Shipping was 10-13 dollars. Nice and easy. Toy Planet and Toys N Tech are heavily using FBM this year and I'd guess they will continue to do so moving forward.

In my mind at least, I have always looked at FBM for quick flipping because if its a set that has been aging/retired it's going to sell anyway at a fairly stable price.  FBM to take advantage of moments in time with current sets that have temporary  shortages.  Otherwise I don't see the point in going to the extra effort.