Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

10 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Tried listing Triceratops Rampage for 93$ FBA and got a price too high delisting message from amazon. Strangely there are many listed for higher, in fact 93$ would be the lowest. Anyone experience this?

When you are the lowest price, but still getting high price alerts, it usually means you've sold the item at a higher price in the past.  I think there is an arbitrary price set for each seller on some items based on their pricing history in the past and you sometimes have to stay within a certain % of that price.  It usually goes away when the buy box comes back.  Once the buy box comes back, update your price by a few pennies again and it will probably be reactivated. Seller support claims your min/max needs to be within a certain range of your price, but I don't believe that.  Sometimes there are Walmart clearance prices online that are "in store only" and long gone and they are using that as their competitive checkpoint too.  It's all a mess and I can't imagine it will continue forever.  Sometimes MF offers for $20 plus $20 shipping will work, but if you change them to $40 with free shipping, they won't work.

Trying to hit the buy box this year was certainly frustrating with FBM and even after Christmas stock getting priority for some products where they wouldn't have in past years.  Having said that Amazon didn't lose any of my shipments to their warehouses and so far they only shorted me 3 units which I will investigate/reconcile once they stop pushing that date back (was 12/15, now 12/22).  I was able to FBM some smaller sets for a nice price that I'm sure FBA would have stuck in a padded envelope for shipping which would have resulted in multiple returns.  It has been a good year for me, but I'll wait and see how many returns come back in January.

6 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

When you are the lowest price, but still getting high price alerts, it usually means you've sold the item at a higher price in the past.  I think there is an arbitrary price set for each seller on some items based on their pricing history in the past and you sometimes have to stay within a certain % of that price.  It usually goes away when the buy box comes back.  Once the buy box comes back, update your price by a few pennies again and it will probably be reactivated. Seller support claims your min/max needs to be within a certain range of your price, but I don't believe that.  Sometimes there are Walmart clearance prices online that are "in store only" and long gone and they are using that as their competitive checkpoint too.  It's all a mess and I can't imagine it will continue forever.  Sometimes MF offers for $20 plus $20 shipping will work, but if you change them to $40 with free shipping, they won't work.

Never sold one before. I lowered my price to 89$ which is 5$ cheaper than the lowest offer and I still cant get amazon to give the okay. Its FBA btw in case that makes a difference.

I believe there is also a velocity component to the metric.  I was blocked on one item when I tried to double the price.  I set the quantity to zero (MF / FBM), and then slowly raised the price by ~$5 increments every few days. After a week or so, I hit my price target and then set the quantity to non-zero.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Never sold one before. I lowered my price to 89$ which is 5$ cheaper than the lowest offer and I still cant get amazon to give the okay. Its FBA btw in case that makes a difference.

Weird.  Last week I sold 2 for $89.99 and 1 for $94.49.  They need more transparency in this price rule stuff.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, landphieran said:

Yeah I ran into this as well. I tried deleting the listing for a while but still no dice. I'm wondering if they have seed prices setup on each person's selling account. 

This is rather adorable, I ain't even mad. Also 30k in three years... Alert the presses!

https://grow.acorns.com/amp/how-to-sell-lego-online/

I have had friends tell me that what I do would make a great news story.  I always remind them of the first rule of Fight Club and the first lesson that we got from Disco Stu: 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Tried listing Triceratops Rampage for 93$ FBA and got a price too high delisting message from amazon. Strangely there are many listed for higher, in fact 93$ would be the lowest. Anyone experience this?

20 hours ago, landphieran said:

Yeah I ran into this as well. I tried deleting the listing for a while but still no dice. I'm wondering if they have seed prices setup on each person's selling account. 

This is rather adorable, I ain't even mad. Also 30k in three years... Alert the presses!

https://grow.acorns.com/amp/how-to-sell-lego-online/

I called Amazon and spoke to 'Robert'. Robert says my price is 'too low' and violates Amazon pricing guidelines.  :) He directed me to raise my price to match the lowest which is now 99$. I did that and predictably did not help. 

Edited by Bricklectic

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

most of the time yes, especially newer sets. in some rare instances , no selling that set for You !

Since it is a set slated to retire my guess is it won't unlock for me since it is not a newer set. I see some people trying to get around it by creating a new listing but my best guess is that is tricky and could lead to Amazon not being happy. 

1 minute ago, shagmoz said:

Since it is a set slated to retire my guess is it won't unlock for me since it is not a newer set. I see some people trying to get around it by creating a new listing but my best guess is that is tricky and could lead to Amazon not being happy. 

it is not always just newer sets, some might be high demand sets, others have no clear reason. just keep trying. i was selling a newer set last year, this year i got blocked in November. 

as far the second part to your question, yeah Amaon frowns on that practice. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

it is not always just newer sets, some might be high demand sets, others have no clear reason. just keep trying. i was selling a newer set last year, this year i got blocked in November. 

as far the second part to your question, yeah Amaon frowns on that practice. 

Thanks, will keep trying. I can get a large quantity but if I can't sell it FBA I am not too interested. Will keep trying and hope my access to the inventory continues until I can sell it :)

Got an email today:

We have removed ASINs that can be found in the Suspected Intellectual Property Violations tab of your Account Health, under the Reason "Potential Intellectual Property Misuse".

Why is this happening?
We have taken this measure because we suspect your ASINs may infringe on the intellectual property of others. This is a violation of the Amazon Intellectual Property Policy for Sellers, which can be reviewed at:

There is no information under my account health tho. I have no idea which listing triggered this. Its a little unsettling. Is this ever a phantom email? Hoping so but dont think so

image.thumb.png.513aa385fa2b899f31d98ab416eddef8.png

Edited by Bricklectic

3 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Got an email today:

We have removed ASINs that can be found in the Suspected Intellectual Property Violations tab of your Account Health, under the Reason "Potential Intellectual Property Misuse".

Why is this happening?
We have taken this measure because we suspect your ASINs may infringe on the intellectual property of others. This is a violation of the Amazon Intellectual Property Policy for Sellers, which can be reviewed at:

There is no information under my account health tho. I have no idea which listing triggered this. Its a little unsettling. Is this ever a phantom email? Hoping so but dont think so

image.thumb.png.513aa385fa2b899f31d98ab416eddef8.png

Are you sure the email is legit ? Do you have any stranded units ? The violation itself , if true , won’t show for a day or two . 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Are you sure the email is legit ? Do you have any stranded units ? The violation itself , if true , won’t show for a day or two . 

I had one on a Harry Potter set a few days ago, but it was fixed and dropped off my dashboard.  Then I got one of those emails today. I think it's just a delayed notification.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I had one on a Harry Potter set a few days ago, but it was fixed and dropped off my dashboard.  Then I got one of those emails today. I think it's just a delayed notification.

I agree.  I listed something one time, deleted the listing, and months later received a similar email.

21 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I had one two days ago. Didn’t get an email about it. Just noticed it on my dashboard. I deleted the item from my inventory and the violation disappeared after a few hours. I had one a few weeks ago too. The bots are on the loose. 

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

No stranded units. email came from this address  <[email protected]> so it looks legit.

Ill monitor for a few days and update here if i can trace which listing triggered it so i can share with you guys

Hopefully it was a mistake.

2 hours ago, cobrakai said:

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

No stranded units. email came from this address  <donotreply@amazon.com> so it looks legit.

Ill monitor for a few days and update here if i can trace which listing triggered it so i can share with you guys

Hopefully it was a mistake.

Thanks!

The bots get confused when licensed items like Harry Potter are made by other brands like Funko and Lego.  If they see the words "Harry Potter" in the description, then they expect "Harry Potter" to be the brand name, not Lego.  

On 12/16/2020 at 8:52 PM, shagmoz said:

Thanks, will keep trying. I can get a large quantity but if I can't sell it FBA I am not too interested. Will keep trying and hope my access to the inventory continues until I can sell it :)

I was gated on some sets like Downtown Diner, Slave 1, Tantive IV, porsche 911.

Sold a bunch of Lego last week and I just checked today and I'm now ungated in all these sets. Not sure if you have to hit a sales amount for the brand but like other say just keep going and you get ungated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Topher27 said:

I was gated on some sets like Downtown Diner, Slave 1, Tantive IV, porsche 911.

Sold a bunch of Lego last week and I just checked today and I'm now ungated in all these sets. Not sure if you have to hit a sales amount for the brand but like other say just keep going and you get ungated. 

thanks - got ungated on tantive, still gated on downtown diner.  was never gated on slave 1 or porsche 911.