Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

15 minutes ago, Jackson said:

So what is the best course of action these days for an "item not received but tracking shows delivered" complaint?

Should I tell the buyer to specifically open an A-to-z claim?

Or just tell her to contact Amazon customer service?

Or just tell her there's nothing I can do since tracking shows delivered, and I'll open a theft report with the US Postal Inspector for her?

just tell her to open AZ claim with INR as the reason, as long as you bought shipping from amazon you are good 

• Like 3

Just now, redcell said:

I know others will disagree, but my view is that if you want to be selling on Amazon for the long term, the safest course of action is to take them at their word, refund them, and eat the loss.

that will just invite scammers . With AZ claim , Amazon will keep a record of how many claims a buyer is filing and will just shut them down if they over do it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

just tell her to open AZ claim with INR as the reason, as long as you bought shipping from amazon you are good 

I agree, but have had some hiccups with this when the package is not ever marked "delivered".  Once it is marked delivered, even if it is 2 months late, you can get the A to Z reversed if you bought shipping from Amazon.  Just make sure to ship on time and get a scan within 48 hours of label creation.  I pretty much shutdown MF and Ebay a week ago after seeing the delays from the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend.  What a mess.  My FBA inbound stuff has shifted to a warehouse nearby and is getting checked in very fast the past 10 days.   Right now, I can send in an FBA shipment and get products sold faster than USPS can deliver an order!  Amazon's own delivery service has been performing well from my experience.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Jackson said:

So what is the best course of action these days for an "item not received but tracking shows delivered" complaint?

Should I tell the buyer to specifically open an A-to-z claim?

Or just tell her to contact Amazon customer service?

Or just tell her there's nothing I can do since tracking shows delivered, and I'll open a theft report with the US Postal Inspector for her?

Did you buy insurance? With all of these delays I have been buying the insurance just incase. For USPS its like .90 up to $200. I figure its worth it for a piece of mind if the INR doesn't go my way.

• Like 1

that will just invite scammers . With AZ claim , Amazon will keep a record of how many claims a buyer is filing and will just shut them down if they over do it. 
True, but that's better than inviting a disgruntled scammer to report used sold as new or something that really messed with your account

True, but that's better than inviting a disgruntled scammer to report used sold as new or something that really messes with your account

2 hours ago, cobrakai said:

I agree, but have had some hiccups with this when the package is not ever marked "delivered".  

that is the crux of the issue is that everything is stuck in transit.  u can't really file an a-z if it still shows in transit.

i have been using customer communications as an opportunity to document for amazon exactly what is going on by pasting updated tracking info from USPS website which while not perfect is definitely better than what the customer sees going through amazon.  amazon is telling them the package is "lost" = total bull$hit.  its not lost if usps shows its in portland or at 10:57 pm yesterday.  apologies, empathizing with customer claiming you are also waiting for amazon delivery (true), claiming that amazon was pushing you to use USPS because they had it as having the quickest arrival date (true as i'm typing this even) .  so far its working ...  i'm done selling for holiday delivery and turned things off.  getting to be a riot at ups store  with people finding out how much it costs to ship something on time right now.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

that is the crux of the issue is that everything is stuck in transit.  u can't really file an a-z if it still shows in transit.

i have been using customer communications as an opportunity to document for amazon exactly what is going on by pasting updated tracking info from USPS website which while not perfect is definitely better than what the customer sees going through amazon.  amazon is telling them the package is "lost" = total bull$hit.  its not lost if usps shows its in portland or at 10:57 pm yesterday.  apologies, empathizing with customer claiming you are also waiting for amazon delivery (true), claiming that amazon was pushing you to use USPS because they had it as having the quickest arrival date (true as i'm typing this even) .  so far its working ...

I had an order earlier this year that was shipped on time, label printed on time and bought from Amazon, shipped same day and scanned, but got "stuck" at one USPS hub for 2 weeks.  I lost the A-Z case.  Once the package was delivered (a month late), I was able to open a case and they reversed the decision.

• Like 2

Just now, cobrakai said:

I had an order earlier this year that was shipped on time, label printed on time and bought from Amazon, shipped same day and scanned, but got "stuck" at one USPS hub for 2 weeks.  I lost the A-Z case.  Once the package was delivered (a month late), I was able to open a case and they reversed the decision.

i got one snarky meanie who i'm expecting to do this to me.  good to hear it can be reversed.

1 hour ago, cobrakai said:

Did you ship prime? SFP is the only one that the tracking has to show delivered to be covered against AtoZ.

For regular shipping, If you shipped on time and your item shows a scan within 48 hours, your packages don't need to show delivered to be covered against AtoZ.

Edited by nick625
  • Like 1

Ooof, Amazon was "OOS" of Hogwarts castle for 20 hours. I sold all of mine off. What's the return percentage going to be?

Amazon similarly had a ship in a bottle outage for 20 hours a few days ago. I'm wondering what is causing these stock outages, because when they come back on they have been around for a while. They may be transitioning huge quantities and it so happens they don't have the ability to ship them just yet? Might be a repricing error and it drops the Amazon.com listing high in the seller list? 

Edited by landphieran

It has begun:

How would you handle this?

Hi! I just purchased this product today for $533, however just noticed (a few hours later) the price has decreased to $399. Was there an issue with the price I paid earlier today or will I be able to have my purchase price reduced? Appreciate the help and looking forward to receiving the product. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, landphieran said:

It has begun:

How would you handle this?

Hi! I just purchased this product today for $533, however just noticed (a few hours later) the price has decreased to $399. Was there an issue with the price I paid earlier today or will I be able to have my purchase price reduced? Appreciate the help and looking forward to receiving the product. Thanks!

i would refund the difference if it makes financial sense, if not intercept package 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick625 said:

Did you ship prime? SFP is the only one that the tracking has to show delivered to be covered against AtoZ.

For regular shipping, If you shipped on time and your item shows a scan within 48 hours, your packages don't need to show delivered to be covered against AtoZ.

No, it was not SFP.  I only had this happen once so I was kind of reading between the lines about why the A to Z was originally granted to the customer.  Same thing has happened on Ebay.  I have never won a claim on Ebay unless the order shows delivered (even if shipped/scanned on time.)