Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Dear Seller,
We are aware of technical issues related to Amazon Web Services and impacting some sellers’ ability to access some or all of Seller Central and Marketplace Web Services (MWS) APIs, and we are working to resolve them. This does not impact customers’ ability to place orders.
As we work on a solution, you may start seeing new orders in Manage Your Orders or via the MWS Orders APIs.
You will receive all orders once this issue is fully resolved, and we ask that you please process them as quickly as you can. We will mitigate the impact on your account health.
Please note Selling Partner Support does not have additional information. We will post an update in Seller Central when this is resolved.
Thank you for your patience.  

Sincerely,
Amazon Seller Services
Edited by DadsAFOL
  • Like 1

I know they will fix this...but it is a little concerning that it has gone this long with seemingly zero progress...as DadsAFOL said....we are doing double time tomorrow apparently...

I know they will fix this...but it is a little concerning that it has gone this long with seemingly zero progress...as Darth said....we are doing double time tomorrow apparently...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

I know they will fix this...but it is a little concerning that it has gone this long with seemingly zero progress...as DadsAFOL said....we are doing double time tomorrow apparently...

Technically there is progress. The orders from 5 hours ago starting to show up on my FBM page.

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Technically there is progress. The orders from 5 hours ago starting to show up on my FBM page.

i still have orders that i got notification to ship but aren't on the order page ( not even pending ). one is for the same item for an order i already shipped so i am not sure if the notification is just delayed or if i should expect a second order for that same item. needless to say i missed out on an extra $20 since the price went up over the last 24 hours and i couldn't update ( maybe increase is due to glitch, maybe not )

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

i still have orders that i got notification to ship but aren't on the order page ( not even pending ). one is for the same item for an order i already shipped so i am not sure if the notification is just delayed or if i should expect a second order for that same item. needless to say i missed out on an extra $20 since the price went up over the last 24 hours and i couldn't update ( maybe increase is due to glitch, maybe not )

Assuming people can still buy without issues, the lower priced listings should be bought up leaving the higher priced one for the buy box

I am tracking about 4.5-5 hours between getting the notification and order showing up on my FBM screen.

30 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

FBA listing stranded this morning due to inventory error. Look in my orders and see multiple orders throughout yesterday. It is all sold hence the inventory error. Scary. Never saw that before.

16 minutes ago, My_own_2_bricks said:

Same here. 

is this  for inbound ? that will resolve itself in a day or two. it also sometimes happen after you sell out your inventory for that ASIN

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

is this  for inbound ? that will resolve itself in a day or two. it also sometimes happen after you sell out your inventory for that ASIN

Agreed. It also happens during receiving. It usually takes a few days and they will go back to normal. Don't open a case or worry. All will be well if it says inventory error.

2 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

Agreed. It also happens during receiving. It usually takes a few days and they will go back to normal. Don't open a case or worry. All will be well if it says inventory error.

Happens more frequently if you are part of the "head start" program where your inventory is available backordered before they receive it.  Once I turned off that program, I have not had this happen very often anymore.

4 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

What days are you all targeting for selling Lego on Amazon this year? Are prices better on Black Friday/Cyber Monday or later in mid-December? I've been selling for a while but I ask because I'm worried about shipping delays this year and customers getting their Legos by Christmas.

i will stop FBM 8 days prior to Christmas . Whatever that Thursday is 

2 hours ago, sauromosis said:

Gotcha, what about FBA? And when do you start matching prices with other sellers?

I usually price at the first or second jump in price. Usually you have a chunk of high volume lowballers. Some middling tinies, a jump in price with a block of sellers. (Repeat a few times). Usually I sit in those blocks with a matched price. Wait for a few sales, reassess where that listing is at when those items sell. 

I try to focus on slow sales at first then ramp them up into 2 weeks of massive sales leading into christmas. I've definitely sold way to fast in the past and ended up with no inventory a week before christmas.  I've also sold too slow and got stuck behind some behemoth Lego resellers, who cut their prices aggressively as they had thousands of those sets which began to crawl afterward.

• Like 1