Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

43 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

First time selling FBM. When Amazon gives a "ship by Monday to Tuesday" deadline for a Sunday order. Is there any ramifications metrics wise of waiting till Tuesday to ship? Aside from the risk of missing cutoff. Does same day shipping benefit you in any way?

Usually better not to buy the label on Sunday either.  The first scan from the post office is supposed to be within 48 hours of the label purchase.  If the package is lost and someone files and A-Z claim, you always want to make sure you bought shipping through Amazon and the first scan was within 48 hours.  I have had many instances that certain Post Offices let stuff sit around for a day or don't scan when they are busy.  Usually not an issue, but important with the holiday coming up. I prefer to pack every order within minutes of receiving it, but I try to wait until the next morning on the day I will be shipping it.

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

First time selling FBM. When Amazon gives a "ship by Monday to Tuesday" deadline for a Sunday order. Is there any ramifications metrics wise of waiting till Tuesday to ship? Aside from the risk of missing cutoff. Does same day shipping benefit you in any way?

Shipping options might change, and you give the buyer more time to cancel. So somewhat better to get it marked as shipped ASAP.

21 hours ago, Lego_Monsters said:

What's wrong with FBM?

Having to do the fulfillment.  With FBM, the work comes when the sales come and you can really spread those out over the year.  With FBA, I can spread the work out over the course of the year so that by this time of the year all I'm doing is tinkering with prices, watching the money roll in, and concentrating on buying for next year.  And there is no way that I could keep up with the volume I'm doing if I was doing all the fulfillment myself.  

28 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Are you guys shipping those big $350+ sets to FBA also? I’m just afraid of people abusing the return policy and I end up eating the cost of the returns, fees, shipping, and getting back an opened box with missing pieces.

thats a very personal decision that highly depends on your risk/reward ratio tolerance. Also it see,s like some folks have no returns on those while others ( raise hand ) see an uptick in returns. granted with higher sales volume, the number of returns should , again for most seller, go up. 

2 hours ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Are you guys shipping those big $350+ sets to FBA also? I’m just afraid of people abusing the return policy and I end up eating the cost of the returns, fees, shipping, and getting back an opened box with missing pieces.

Yes. I cant stand dealing with constant packing and shipping. I love the convenience of stuffing 5 huges sets in a big box and having AMZN deal with the troubles. Yes occasionaly youll have a rotten buyer. Just add the cost to your business model. 

10 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Yes. I cant stand dealing with constant packing and shipping. I love the convenience of stuffing 5 huges sets in a big box and having AMZN deal with the troubles. Yes occasionaly youll have a rotten buyer. Just add the cost to your business model. 

Everytime I see a return email for FBA, my heart skips a beat.  I have no idea if the buyer/scammer damage or steal my item, or if Amazon misshandle it.  Worst part is, I would not be able to check until 2-3 weeks later.

At least with FBM, I can see my lost/damage as soon as I get the item back.

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Everytime I see a return email for FBA, my heart skips a beat.  I have no idea if the buyer/scammer damage or steal my item, or if Amazon misshandle it.  Worst part is, I would not be able to check until 2-3 weeks later.

Yes. I've had 6 returns in the past few weeks. 1 was returned and put back into my inventory, then sold, no problem. 1 shows as customer damaged but has been stuck and won't let me recall it for weeks now. Two were refunded a few weeks ago but still awaiting the actual return, which is par for the course, and then two have just never showed up in my returns to even keep track of despite the refunds. The lack of transparency from Amazon in the return process is frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I noticed, blech!

I noticed too, but from what I'm seeing, I haven't seen a sales post in 2hrs and that matches up with what others are saying online. So, it should just be a sales reporting issue and not an issue with actually selling stuff. At least, that's what I'm going with for now...

3 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I noticed too, but from what I'm seeing, I haven't seen a sales post in 2hrs and that matches up with what others are saying online. So, it should just be a sales reporting issue and not an issue with actually selling stuff. At least, that's what I'm going with for now...

I tried to list a few things. Some are showing Incomplete, some aren't there at all.

• Like 1