Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Just got ungated to sell lego on FBA.

Some questions if anyone can help me:

1. Do you send into FBA or do Merchant Fullfilled?

2.I sell alot of other collectibles on FBA I usually put everything it its own box to cut down on returns is that ok to do with lego ? I sell funkos so those boxes are small.

3. Any tips you have please let me know never sold legos on amazon.

43 minutes ago, REDUCE523 said:

2.I sell alot of other collectibles on FBA I usually put everything it its own box to cut down on returns is that ok to do with lego ? I sell funkos so those boxes are small.

Your decision to sell FBA or FBM would involve the same criteria as anything else you sell.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, REDUCE523 said:

Was it difficult to get ungated? I thought Amazon wasn't allowing new applicants.

For your questions:

1. Like gmpirate noted, FBA vs FBM is no different for lego then for anything else

2. What do you mean by everything in one box? how does your packing affect returns?

3.  Not sure what tips would be specific to lego but one thing ive been careful with myself is box condition. Last thing someone paying top dollar wants is a wrinkled bashed up box. save those for ebay/mrecari/fb/cl.

Ive also noticed collectible/like new sells super super slow on amazon. better off selling on ebay.

23 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Anyone getting this on amazon for listing Diners? Anyway to get around? I was trying to list as new not used

image.thumb.png.5a40024dd8e6c0d0a70a553b2381546b.png

It happens.  I've had it fixed "once" and other times just have the CR tell me I need to get approval -- even though I have already been grandfathered in and have multiple active Lego listings.  If you have "official" approval with submitted documents and all I would think its safe to contact a CR and get it fixed.  If you are "grandfathered" in you might want to be more cautious and just wait it out.  All lot of the time I check back after a time and it works.  Amazon just makes me nervous to rock the boat.

FYI, I get the same message when I try to list it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

It happens.  I've had it fixed "once" and other times just have the CR tell me I need to get approval -- even though I have already been grandfathered in and have multiple active Lego listings.  If you have "official" approval with submitted documents and all I would think its safe to contact a CR and get it fixed.  If you are "grandfathered" in you might want to be more cautious and just wait it out.  All lot of the time I check back after a time and it works.  Amazon just makes me nervous to rock the boat.

FYI, I get the same message when I try to list it.

Thanks. Went big on these so I do hope it gets fixed at some point.

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Anyone getting this on amazon for listing Diners? Anyway to get around? I was trying to list as new not used

image.thumb.png.5a40024dd8e6c0d0a70a553b2381546b.png

Last time i got one of those CS told me that there are too many sellers at the moment - i had invoices and everything and still wasnt able to list.
6 months past, i tried again and i was able to list it right away.

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2020_10/image.thumb.png.5a40024dd8e6c0d0a70a553b2381546b.png
That's an ASIN-level gate. They typically come in around the holidays on a random assortment of items. Most of the time, they lift after some period of time, but not always...there are still ASINs that I can't list against.

That's an ASIN-level gate. They typically come in around the holidays on a random assortment of items. Most of the time, they lift after some period of time, but not always...there are still ASINs that I can't list against.

I had 76108 and a few more sets gated like this last year for the holidays. Was able to sell it with a good profit later in March /April this year. Now, this year due to the pandemic I started doing my FBA shipments for the holidays earlier than usual like early September. Normally I don’t start until mid to late October. Now, I read some sellers are gated on some sets like 10260 for example while surprisingly, I am not? My points is that perhaps if one has some inventory before AMZ drops the holidays gates then perhaps it prevents being gated.

2 hours ago, brickology101 said:

I had 76108 and a few more sets gated like this last year for the holidays. Was able to sell it with a good profit later in March /April this year. Now, this year due to the pandemic I started doing my FBA shipments for the holidays earlier than usual like early September. Normally I don’t start until mid to late October. Now, I read some sellers are gated on some sets like 10260 for example while surprisingly, I am not? My points is that perhaps if one has some inventory before AMZ drops the holidays gates then perhaps it prevents being gated.

Figuring this out is all guesswork.  I've sent items in, sold a few, and then found the rest of the inventory to be stranded.  If you sell enough (well into 7 figures) you will have access to a rep that will take care of this stuff, otherwise this is Amazon's world and we are all squirrels just trying to get a nut.  I haven't tried it yet, but Walmart has become a player in this now probably worth seeking out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Figuring this out is all guesswork.  I've sent items in, sold a few, and then found the rest of the inventory to be stranded.  If you sell enough (well into 7 figures) you will have access to a rep that will take care of this stuff, otherwise this is Amazon's world and we are all squirrels just trying to get a nut.  I haven't tried it yet, but Walmart has become a player in this now probably worth seeking out.

Yes, I've never sold the diner or done any "official" Lego ungating, but it is not restricted for me.  Walmart is just not very user friendly like Amazon.

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

I got an 'invite' to sell on amz India. Anyone else selling there have any insight? Everyone get this 'invite'?

Dear seller, Congratulations! You have been hand-picked as one of the few
selected sellers, who are invited to sell on Amazon India.

I get various offers like that, but, until Amazon lets me send inventory to a US location that can be used for worldwide fulfillment and makes the whole tax collection as simple as possible, I have no interest.

• Like 4

I'm living abroad and was wondering if anyone has sold international sets on Amazon.com lately?  I believe I remember reading about some people doing it in the past and it was a bit of a touchy subject since most intl sets aren't exactly like the US version (intl leaves piece counts off boxes), but I thought things might be a bit different these days given the Covid situation and 'white' stickers being put on boxes by LEGO itself.  I see some decent deals over here, but I don't wanna go too deep if it's going to be a pain to list them on Amazon.

I'm behind sending inventory in and it's probably going to come back to bite me this year.  Fortunately LEGO tends to sell well after Christmas also. 

This was direct from an Amazon email I received on October 20:

If your products are fulfilled by Amazon, shipments should arrive at Amazon before the following key dates:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday - November 6

Christmas shopping - December 1

14 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

FBA sent in.  Received next day.  Items show as inbound in Seller Central.  Product page shows late January delivery if a customer orders.

So my question is, how long is it taking people to see their items go live with normal delivery times.

I see. Most of the units I've sent to FBA recently are showing to the customer as back-ordered until mid-November.

49 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

FBA sent in.  Received next day.  Items show as inbound in Seller Central.  Product page shows late January delivery if a customer orders.

So my question is, how long is it taking people to see their items go live with normal delivery times.

Sent a few boxes on Monday and they are starting to show in stock today