Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

2 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I've been selling on Amazon FBA for 6 years.  I've never had a Lego set returned with missing pieces or any major refund/return issues with Lego sets. On the other hand......man am I getting sick of these thieves that order Marvel Legends figures, steal the build-a-figure piece, then return the item as "Not received by delivery date" or some other free return reason.  I'd say i've probably had 30 or 40 returned Marvel Legends figures with no build-a-figure.  When I looked up the one I received back today, the buyer has ordered 3 figures from me in the last year and refunded all 3 after removing the piece.  I always open cases and report these buyers to seller support, but kinda makes me sad that people do stuff like this.

Same for me. I am getting so sick of action figure thieves and funko thieves. They think they are entitled the stuff at retail price from now until eternity and that is why they do it. Such assholes. I wish they tried this stuff at walmart and target and saw how that ended up. Karma will get them one day.

1 hour ago, cobrakai said:

I've been selling on Amazon FBA for 6 years.  I've never had a Lego set returned with missing pieces or any major refund/return issues with Lego sets. On the other hand......man am I getting sick of these thieves that order Marvel Legends figures, steal the build-a-figure piece, then return the item as "Not received by delivery date" or some other free return reason.  I'd say i've probably had 30 or 40 returned Marvel Legends figures with no build-a-figure.  When I looked up the one I received back today, the buyer has ordered 3 figures from me in the last year and refunded all 3 after removing the piece.  I always open cases and report these buyers to seller support, but kinda makes me sad that people do stuff like this.

yea, gotta keep up with that and hopefully Amazon starts to flag those accounts. I just had a $30 lego returned to me that ended up being some generic toy nothing close to matching the correct item.  Amazon said I had to wait for them to ship the rest of the items as part of the FBA returned items for me to open a case log, even though the box came with a receipt of what was in that shipment.  So trying to be proactive is difficult.

Edited by joch29

"Amazon has systems in place to detect suspicious behavior by sellers or employees, and teams in place to investigate and stop prohibited activity," the company said

The scheme started no later than July 2017 and continued until September 2020, the indictment said.

Good job Amazon, only took 3 years to detect and catch...wonder how much kick-back the "investigators" got. This type of illegal activity should be no surprise in pretty much any business that generates millions...whenever a pencil pusher can get triple his/her annual salary for pushing a pencil a little harder once in awhile...  

Anyone else get a compliance letter from Amz today? I got a notice of products not in compliance, but when I click on their link to the list, there is nothing there. Says I have no items with compliance requirements at this time. Kinda confused, but it is that time of year when they like to pull these shenanigans...

Anyone else get a compliance letter from Amz today? I got a notice of products not in compliance, but when I click on their link to the list, there is nothing there. Says I have no items with compliance requirements at this time. Kinda confused, but it is that time of year when they like to pull these shenanigans...

Same here. Some odd things happening.

Separately- anyone else not able to list Friends 41762 Stephanie’s gymnastics show? I get the ineligible for Amazon Marketplace Error.

29 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Same thing for me this morning. Got the email. Nothing in the list.

1 hour ago, odysea11 said:

Got the same email and have 0 requests under the product compliance requests in account heath.

2 hours ago, odysea11 said:

It shows 3 for me.  They asked for CPSIA proof like last time.  But instead of sending the documents via email, you would submit them via this new page / section.  It looks very similar to the page for submitting invoice to get ungated.  

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It shows 3 for me.  They asked for CPSIA proof like last time.  But instead of sending the documents via email, you would submit them via this new page / section.  It looks very similar to the page for submitting invoice to get ungated.  

3 LEGO listings? Or non-LEGO?

What do you all do these days when you sell a relatively expensive factory-sealed item via FBM, and the buyer returns it opened and used with the return reason being "Better price available"?
Do you deduct a percentage from the refund?
Do you send any message to the buyer?

Send a message. File a claim with amazon. Deduct money for sure, but CYA with a paper trail. I’ve had this happen several times FBA, where half the bags were missing. Always communicate through amazons system.
  • Like 1

The requests about missing documentation for lego sets have unfortunately arrived in Europe..

Since I suppose its the same agenda as in the US, what was your strategy regarding the requested documentation?

When I remember correctly many of you just sold the inventory for a lower price to get rid of it.

12 minutes ago, Sozial said:

The requests about missing documentation for lego sets have unfortunately arrived in Europe..

Since I suppose its the same agenda as in the US, what was your strategy regarding the requested documentation?

When I remember correctly many of you just sold the inventory for a lower price to get rid of it.

Is this consumer protection compliance (CPC)?  If so, you can go here https://www.lego.com/en-us/legal/notices-and-policies/compliance/ to find the safety docs.  Then take pictures, one of the front of the box and one of the UPC bar code.  Send doc and pics in an email requesting compliance review.  I did this for each item separately.

Stunning that they would start this process just before the holidays.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jackson said:

Did Amazon actually remove any listings last time for this compliance issue?

Yes. I know of a few that didn't clear.  B004N768A2 : 3648 Police Chase,  for example.  B004478GCE 2260 Ice Dragon is another.  They are both available now on different ASIN's though.  So I'm not sure how much impact the restrictions have in the long run.

• Like 1