Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Need some advice here - do I reply or do I ask Amazon to handle this?

At 5pm today Amazon informed me of an FBA return they had processed (and debited from my account) with the reason "Shipping Address Undeliverable".

At 10pm I get the following message from the customer:

"I sent you a message before asking for a refund the package never came to my home, you post and update, like package lost in somewere, and now I received a message you said I need to write a reason for refound?????? Please give a refound , its been a month a never received the package and my son is in tears, so bad experience please senn my refound as sonn as you can. "

Amazon says I have 23hrs to respond. Do I respond to this or do I forward this on to Amazon somehow, given that this is a shipping problem which is Amazon's responsibility in an FBA transaction?

You would respond with something along the line of :

dear xxx

Thank you for reaching to us in regards to your order. While we are sorry to hear that you are having an issue in regards to receiving a refund, please note that your order was f****ed by Amazon and as such they kindly ask you contact them directly at : ( google CS number ) . 

I am sorry I can't be of further assistance, but I am sure that Amazon's CS will resolve the matter to your satisfaction .

Sincerely 

Commoner 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

You would respond with something along the line of :

dear xxx

Thank you for reaching to us in regards to your order. While we are sorry to hear that you are having an issue in regards to receiving a refund, please note that your order was f****ed by Amazon and as such they kindly ask you contact them directly at : ( google CS number ) . 

I am sorry I can't be of further assistance, but I am sure that Amazon's CS will resolve the matter to your satisfaction .

Sincerely 

Commoner 

Since I had already drafted the below, which is very close to what you wrote, I decided to just send this back:

Hello, So sorry to hear that your son's package never arrived. As this item was shipped to you by Amazon, and not by us, I cannot help you further, but I can see that Amazon has initiated a refund and has deducted your payment from our account, so I think you should be getting a refund soon. The information Amazon supplied indicates that the package could not be delivered to the address you supplied in your order (All I can see is that it was supposed to be sent to INDIO, CA 92201-6672) and has been returned to their warehouse. I would recommend contact Amazon Customer Support to discuss this issue further. This link should get you started: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ref_=cu_csp_phone_button&from=gp&source=csp&nodeId=508510&_encoding=UTF8 Thanks,

:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Need some advice here - do I reply or do I ask Amazon to handle this?

At 5pm today Amazon informed me of an FBA return they had processed (and debited from my account) with the reason "Shipping Address Undeliverable".

At 10pm I get the following message from the customer:

Amazon says I have 23hrs to respond. Do I respond to this or do I forward this on to Amazon somehow, given that this is a shipping problem which is Amazon's responsibility in an FBA transaction?

Respond back and say, “I am unable to refound you because that is not a word. Use spell check you f..cking idiot.”

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I finally moved to a 1500 sq. ft warehouse unit. Not sure how i'm going to utilize 16 ft ceilings but we'll see.

To my surprise... The insurance is 475$ dollars a year?!?! Best move of my life.

The insurance rate is impressive. How much is the rent? Are you paying for electricity and other utilities?

Just now, joesnow2005 said:

The insurance rate is impressive. How much is the rent? Are you paying for electricity and other utilities?

800/month and I pay utilities. 

No rate increase clause, they pay for repairs, they pay for snow removal. 

A local farming family has owned the site for 40 years. When I called my insurance agent he said they have multiple clients at that location. I think it was a pretty lucky find. As I mentioned in different thread I've been struggling to find something along these lines. 

• Like 1

Those are good prices. I pay $500/yr for my $4m insurance policy based on my house. Price would go up for a retail location. Also the cheapest retail space anywhere near here is a 550 sq ft space in a strip mall that hasn't been occupied for nearly 20 years, and they won't budge from their $900/mo asking price for it lol.

2 hours ago, landphieran said:

I finally moved to a 1500 sq. ft warehouse unit. Not sure how i'm going to utilize 16 ft ceilings but we'll see.

To my surprise... The insurance is 475$ dollars a year?!?! Best move of my life.

Life gets so much easier when you get more space to work in.  If you've got 16 foot ceilings, you can put pallet racks in and take advantage of the vertical space when you start getting crowded.  You'll need a forklift or stacker, though.  

34 minutes ago, redcell said:

Life gets so much easier when you get more space to work in.  If you've got 16 foot ceilings, you can put pallet racks in and take advantage of the vertical space when you start getting crowded.  You'll need a forklift or stacker, though.  

I get so many deliveries just dropped at my front door all day & night.  I would dread that feeling of having to stay at a warehouse all day as deliveries come.  Or God forbid in November/December when UPS pickups start coming at 9 or 10pm.  This would make me feel like I had a 9-5 job again if I was stuck at a warehouse all day. Having a large RV garage or warehouse building on the same property as my house is my ultimate goal.

• Like 1

I get so many deliveries just dropped at my front door all day & night.  I would dread that feeling of having to stay at a warehouse all day as deliveries come.  Or God forbid in November/December when UPS pickups start coming at 9 or 10pm.  This would make me feel like I had a 9-5 job again if I was stuck at a warehouse all day. Having a large RV garage or warehouse building on the same property as my house is my ultimate goal.
Pay someone to accept packages for you. It makes life a whole lot easier.

1 hour ago, cobrakai said:

Who says they have to be delivered to your warehouse?

4 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Who says they have to be delivered to your warehouse?

True, but I get a ton of large toy shipments every day (including Sundays now with Fed Ex) and I wouldn't even be able to fit them in my van to transport them from home to warehouse (nor would I want to do that.)  Having a commercial space just seems like a tricky situation if you work alone and don't want to keep regular hours (or have any employees/coworkers).  If you were just hitting Walmarts/Targets all day and then dropping stuff off at the warehouse, it would be great.

3 hours ago, landphieran said:

800/month and I pay utilities. 

No rate increase clause, they pay for repairs, they pay for snow removal. 

A local farming family has owned the site for 40 years. When I called my insurance agent he said they have multiple clients at that location. I think it was a pretty lucky find. As I mentioned in different thread I've been struggling to find something along these lines. 

Crazy.  I have a slightly larger place for $2000.  16' ceilings as well and bought 12' shelves which are perfect.  Anything higher would require a bigger ladder or lift which take up too much room.  You can get by with 3' isles with a smaller ladder but the larger ones need at least 42" clearance.  And honestly, I don't think you would want higher shelves even if they were practical.  12' is about the max you will feel safe with.  And you're right, it is so nice to have some space to work with.  Based on how fast I have filled it up however, I can see moving in two years when my lease is up.

6 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

True, but I get a ton of large toy shipments every day (including Sundays now with Fed Ex) and I wouldn't even be able to fit them in my van to transport them from home to warehouse (nor would I want to do that.)  Having a commercial space just seems like a tricky situation if you work alone and don't want to keep regular hours (or have any employees/coworkers).  If you were just hitting Walmarts/Targets all day and then dropping stuff off at the warehouse, it would be great.

That's how I handle it.  I have an extended Ford Econoline.  The warehouse is only 5 minutes away from my house and right in-between my other business so its real convenient.  What do you see as tricky?

2 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

That's how I handle it.  I have an extended Ford Econoline.  The warehouse is only 5 minutes away from my house and right in-between my other business so its real convenient.  What do you see as tricky?

Just seems like a hassle having to lift heavy boxes into my van and transport them every day.  Plenty of open land and houses with large RV garages near me that would work better.  Not to mention the cost.  I run a high volume/lower margin toy business so any added costs would take a large % dent out of my monthly profits.

3 hours ago, cobrakai said:

i live on 16 acres in the middle of nowhere so i am working towards putting in a storage barn next to my house.  i was renting 800sq ft place to supplement my storage taking up my walk out lower level for $300 a month for a non-temperature controlled place and didn't like seeing that money just leave and did not like how cold and hot the place got during summer and winter last year.  also didn't like all the coming and going at the particular set up in my area.  so i managed to squeeze it all in the 1800 sq foot lower level now though it is very tight space and no room for stock expansion but i can back up a van right to a sliding door to empty things very easily w/o any prying eyes and i am not starting each month $300 in the hole.

what is starting to creep me out is that my go to shelving unit https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Husky-Black-Heavy-Duty-4-Tier-Steel-Garage-Storage-Shelving-Unit-77-in-W-x-78-in-H-x-24-in-D-ERZ782478W-4/202251082 

image.thumb.png.64c6337b09be40e4fb02c9b2055fc9f2.png

is now featured in temporary morgues.  they even take advantage of the modular nature of the shelf where you can attach one unit to the next and make a whole row.  now i get the creeps when i go to my storage area.

image.thumb.png.b9513468f5eb49d0e2ebb1fb79c904fd.png

I'm going to build a foyer with a camera and locked secondary door. The front door will have a keypad for the delivery drivers. Add a camera and have most stuff delivered there.

Depending on the time of year I shouldn't have to be there too much more then normal.

@gmpirate what 12' shelves do you use? I was thinking of creating a shelf at six feet so I can fit 3x stacked 2x2x2 boxes below. Then put 4-5 more on top of that. Seems scary high though.