Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Had a buyer inform me 2 1/2 days after delivery that UPS left the package out in the rain, the box was water damaged, and they wanted a refund.  I asked for photos of the box and the outer packaging and of course, they only sent a picture of the LEGO box.  It had some water stains, but a different production seal as the one I sent, and there was lots of additional edge and corner damage, when the one I sent was minty fresh.  Politely asked the customer if he bought more than one and possibly had it mixed up with another seller, since it was a different seal, and he said no, maybe I had things mixed up.  Checked the weather history for his location, and of course, 0.00" of precipitation on that day.  Informed the buyer that I could only accept returns of the same item I sent and he didn't reply and went straight to filing the A-to-Z.  Still waiting to see what happens, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

9 minutes ago, I am Niko said:

Had a buyer inform me 2 1/2 days after delivery that UPS left the package out in the rain, the box was water damaged, and they wanted a refund.  I asked for photos of the box and the outer packaging and of course, they only sent a picture of the LEGO box.  It had some water stains, but a different production seal as the one I sent, and there was lots of additional edge and corner damage, when the one I sent was minty fresh.  Politely asked the customer if he bought more than one and possibly had it mixed up with another seller, since it was a different seal, and he said no, maybe I had things mixed up.  Checked the weather history for his location, and of course, 0.00" of precipitation on that day.  Informed the buyer that I could only accept returns of the same item I sent and he didn't reply and went straight to filing the A-to-Z.  Still waiting to see what happens, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

You are about to be out of money and product . Authorize the return and send a prepaid label ASAP . 

9 minutes ago, I am Niko said:

And if/when they send a different copy, will I have any recourse or will I just have to eat the loss?

That is something you will have to deal with once the set comes back. You can file a safe-T claim or withhold up to 50% restocking fee , however anything short of a pre paid label at this point is a guaranteed loss on the AZ claim : metric hit, refund , and loss of product. 

I had a customer claim I sent them a 20$ playmobile set, instead of a 400$ Lego set. I sent them a prepaid label and once received,  I refunded the 50% since I was already ahead even with the refund . Customer opened a A-z for the rest, Amazon sided with me  ( the did send me a cheap a** Playmobile back btw and get the Turbo Tank ) 

You always have to accept the return request within the 30 day window or extended holiday period , or you can refund of you dont want to deal with it, but I always ask for the product back to discourage or deal with scamming with FBM 

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

That is something you will have to deal with once the set comes back. You can file a safe-T claim or withhold up to 50% restocking fee , however anything short of a pre paid label at this point is a guaranteed loss on the AZ claim : metric hit, refund , and loss of product. 

I had a customer claim I sent them a 20$ playmobile set, instead of a 400$ Lego set. I sent them a prepaid label and once received,  I refunded the 50% since I was already ahead even with the refund . Customer opened a A-z for the rest, Amazon sided with me  ( the did send me a cheap a** Playmobile back btw and get the Turbo Tank ) 

You always have to accept the return request within the 30 day window or extended holiday period , or you can refund of you dont want to deal with it, but I always ask for the product back to discourage or deal with scamming with FBM 

Thanks, I did go ahead and authorize the return.  I didn't even know the customer filed for the return (formally), because there was nothing on my dashboard about it, nor did I get any email notification.  I only received notifications with the customer's fake story about the package being left in the rain, etc. etc.  Glad Amazon uses all that space on the homepage for useless polls and lending offers, and not pointing out that there's an active return request.

5 hours ago, Jackson said:

I thought the point of scanning each individual package was so USPS could confirm receipt. What if you provide a sheet for 50 packages but actually give USPS only 49 packages?

then the package will still be with you 🤨... the assurance is more for you that you dropped off the said amount of package and you get a receipt. 

After submitting the CPC (Children’s Product Certificate) to amazon, i got this reply back:

Greetings,
Thank you for your submission.
The provided test report does not include the images of the product(s) tested. In order to move forward with the approval process, we request you to provide us the complete test report, which includes the images of the product(s) tested.

Also, In order to list these toys on Amazon, please apply by submitting the following items.

1. Please be informed that we can only accept genuine images. Therefore, kindly take clear photo of the product and product packaging clearly displaying:
i) Manufacturer name
ii) Manufacturer address

We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for listing on Amazon.
Thanks
Amazon Product Assurance

Can someone explain - are they asking for me to take pictures of the item? There are pictures on the website.

I guess they want picture of some of your "actual" inventory.  Sometimes the request are odd. Once, I received a bunch of the wrong items returned from FBA as unsellable.  When I requested a refund and sent all of the relevant items including actual pictures, they asked for a picture of all of the products outside the boxes. i took them out of the shipping box from amazon but again got the same ask from them. I then realize they actually wanted me to unopened all of the toys that were still new.  The weird thing is you can see the actual toy without opening them.    I guess they want to make  I did not try to resell them...

I'm convinced that they've adopted a new strategy of being as unhelpful as possible with the hope that you'll just go away.

I just got done fighting with them over a bunch of items that went missing from a shipment. I went back and forth with them for several weeks.  I finally got fed up and sent an email to [email protected] response from the escalation team, but they did eventually resolve the issue.

I've never had problems getting CPC and testing documents from my distributors in the past and using them on Amazon.  This last round, Amazon hasn't accepted ANY of them.  Sometimes, its an older toy and the testing documents don't match current standards.  Sometimes, the distributor is only able to get the testing reports, but not the CPC certificate.  I have officially given up on worrying about them. These are all toys that Amazon retail has sold in the past from well known brands.  The latest one today was: "Please update CPSIA Warning Attribute in detail page." whatever that means.

One piece of advice from my experience this morning...if you're ever shipping LTL to FBA and get assigned AZNG as your carrier, back the shipment out and aim for a different carrier.  I had an AZNG pickup this morning and the driver showed up completely unprepared...total PIA.

1 hour ago, redcell said:

One piece of advice from my experience this morning...if you're ever shipping LTL to FBA and get assigned AZNG as your carrier, back the shipment out and aim for a different carrier.  I had an AZNG pickup this morning and the driver showed up completely unprepared...total PIA.

good to know... just started doing 90% of our shipments LTL, Estes and Holland for the last 5 pallets, they were great.. professional and quick.

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix B07KRJT3S2 (10748 Emma's Pet Party - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KRJT3S2?ref=myi_il_dp) ? I have inventory on its way for this listing, but it now shows as Suppressed. According to the "Fix Inventory Issues" screen it is because it is missing a description. I have submitted the official LEGO description now several times, but that didn't help.

I used the "Request A Product Detail Change" form from the associated Help page 3 days ago to check what other issues there might be, and it said there were no issues at all with this ASIN.

I then proceeded to open a Case, which got answered within a few hours with a Copy & Paste of the steps to fix issues (basically what I had already done on the "Fix Inventory Issues" screen). Only new bit of info was that it might take up to 48hrs to update. I gave this response a very negative review in the survey - not sure if that did anything.

Waited 2 more days, still showing as Suppressed. Now when I go to the "Request A Product Detail Change" screen, I get this:

image.png.5152f61d90f40566981cc36fcbb388e5.png

I can still go to the listing via my inventory, and there are 12 other sellers on this listing. It does not show from the search bar in Amazon. There is the listing for the EU box, and an alt listing that must have popped up recently but has very poor stats.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Phil B
speling

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix B07KRJT3S2 (10748 Emma's Pet Party - ) ? I have inventory on its way for this listhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KRJT3S2?ref=myi_il_dping, but it now shows as Suppressed. According to the "Fix Inventory Issues" screen it is because it is missing a description. I have submitted the official LEGO description now several times, but that didn't help.

I used the "Request A Product Detail Change" form from the associated Help page 3 days ago to check what other issues there might be, and it said there were no issues at all with this ASIN.

I then proceeded to open a Case, which got answered within a few hours with a Copy & Paste of the steps to fix issues (basically what I had already done on the "Fix Inventory Issues" screen). Only new bit of info was that it might take up to 48hrs to update. I gave this response a very negative review in the survey - not sure if that did anything.

Waited 2 more days, still showing as Suppressed. Now when I go to the "Request A Product Detail Change" screen, I get this:

image.png.5152f61d90f40566981cc36fcbb388e5.png

I can still go to the listing via my inventory, and there are 12 other sellers on this listing. It does not show from the search bar in Amazon. There is the listing for the EU box, and an alt listing that must have popped up recently but has very poor stats.

Any suggestions?

Coincidentally, I just created a new case for this item last night. That listing ASIN (B07KRJT3S2you referenced is not the right one as the listing quality is really poor (only one picture, no reviews, no description). I am trying to get Amazon to reinstate the original listing ASIN (B075NTXK8H). I created a case and we'll see but I doubt if anything comes of it.

If there was a way to band together somehow to deal with these Amazon catalog item issues, I would sign up in a heartbeat as sometimes I can get things fixed but the problem is staying on Amazon CS long enough before they auto-close the case.

Edited by cmartin33
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 11:51 AM, cmartin33 said:

Coincidentally, I just created a new case for this item last night. That listing ASIN (B07KRJT3S2you referenced is not the right one as the listing quality is really poor (only one picture, no reviews, no description). I am trying to get Amazon to reinstate the original listing ASIN (B075NTXK8H). I created a case and we'll see but I doubt if anything comes of it.

If there was a way to band together somehow to deal with these Amazon catalog item issues, I would sign up in a heartbeat as sometimes I can get things fixed but the problem is staying on Amazon CS long enough before they auto-close the case.

They want testing documents to reactivate the listings. I am also trying to reactivate 70357's listing as well for what it's worth. Can anyone help with this? It appears based on the past info on this thread there is no way to reactivate these listings right? I downloaded the certs but not sure how to get the full testing reports and the images they want.

7 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

They want testing documents to reactivate the listings. I am also trying to reactivate 70357's listing as well for what it's worth. Can anyone help with this? It appears based on the past info on this thread there is no way to reactivate these listings right? I downloaded the certs but not sure how to get the full testing reports and the images they want.

I managed to reactivate B07KRT3S2 :). You can try to get your inventory shifted to that listing for 10748.

My next battle is B07GWZNHBD (Lego 70820 TLM2 Movie Maker). Listing has completely disappeared in the last week or two.

1 hour ago, yyyybird said:

recently amazon removed quite a lot of my listing due to potential high price error, did anyone have the same issue, how do you activate the list again? Now we can not decide our price even?

I dont know if its the same on Amazon.com, but thats the way here:

Inveventory->Check inventory->Check warnings regarding pricing errors->reactivate your listing/s

Edited by Sozial