Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

4 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

Does anyone know how to get to the details of a refund?   We have a FBM order that was shipped to Mexico and tracking shows stuck in transit, likely due to COVID.  A full refund was just posted to the order, but there is nothing in Manage Returns, and no details on the order or in the transaction history.   I'm assuming this was something initiated by Amazon customer service for the buyer, but there was no communication to us.  Probably not worth the time to try to fight it, but worth a shot.

PS. Yes, I disabled orders to Mexico.   Never should have enabled that in the first place. :)

And here I thought this kind of sh*t is reserved for FBA transactions only.  This is very bad news :(

if u sell on amazon fbm and have your handling time set to 1 day , you might want to recheck your settings. i noticed my orders had dropped in the last 3 days without any good reason i could see.  then looking at my listing under a few sets i see it has that my shipping date is 5 days from now.  wtf.  all my listings had my handling time set to 5 days instead of 1 where it has been since april.  i am a poop magnet so ymmv.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cladner said:

if u sell on amazon fbm and have your handling time set to 1 day , you might want to recheck your settings. i noticed my orders had dropped in the last 3 days without any good reason i could see.  then looking at my listing under a few sets i see it has that my shipping date is 5 days from now.  wtf.  all my listings had my handling time set to 5 days instead of 1 where it has been since april.  i am a poop magnet so ymmv.

I checked mine and the same thing happened to me on about 70% of my listings. I also notice that when listing an item the default goes to 5 days now. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cladner said:

Is this a seller fulfilled Prime thing?  My default handling time still says 1-2 days.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Is this a seller fulfilled Prime thing?  My default handling time still says 1-2 days.

no just regular fbm.

my default setting also says 1-2 days but then if you hit the edit button on your inventory list for any individual SKU, and look what is populating the handling time field on a listing it shows up as 5 days instead of 1. so i have to type in 1 and then save the change for that listing.  this is  a change because i also put order limits on all my items and the handling field was populating correctly before.  this change sinks  your listing in terms of date of delivery. 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Speaking of F***ed By aMazon, here is the latest for Seller Fulfilled Prime (US):  

•Starting February 1, 2021, SFP sellers will be required to use shipping methods that support Saturday delivery and pick-ups to provide customers with a more consistent delivery experience throughout the week. View your Shipping Settings here (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/sbr/ref=xx_shipset_dnav_help?#settings) and click ‘General Shipping Settings’.

•Starting February 1, 2021, SFP sellers will be required to meet targets for one- and two-day delivery promises. These delivery promise metrics measure the percentage of customer page views that displayed a one or two-day delivery promise when your SFP offer was the featured offer, regardless of whether a purchase was made. The delivery speed targets (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/GM2KN7HAZM4WHA6L) ensure that customers have a consistent experience regardless of who fulfills their Prime order.

•To help you meet the targets for one- and two-day delivery promises, we are launching a new dashboard (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-fulfilled-prime/seller-performance) that measures the quoted delivery speed of your SFP offers (please note dashboard may not be available to all sellers until later this afternoon). This dashboard monitors two new metrics: Percent of One-Day or less Detail Page Views and Percent of Two-Day or less Detail Page Views.

•Starting February 1, 2021, SFP sellers will be required to have nationwide delivery coverage for all standard size delivery products. You can see which of your products are standard size or oversize on the Manage SFP page (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-fulfilled-prime/analytics/).

I have to admit the new dashboard is pretty slick :P 

• Like 1

This all sounds great in a non-Covid world. Amazon can’t even meet their own delivery promises yet sellers will be dependent on UPS/FEDEX/USPS for adhering to delivery windows? If we as sellers print and get pickup/dropoff confirmation, we can’t physically sort and deliver. There have been numerous times in the past 5 months I’ve had packages picked up, yet nothing shows for days, sometimes only when the package gets delivered do you see tracking updates. I have a few that still have zero tracking yet I know they received the item, positive feedback left.

Maybe they’re hoping by Feb 2021 things will be better?

For me I’ll stay away from SFP, see how things play out. This could be a disaster for some sellers.

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

Anyone else noticing some main listings aren't appearing in the search results when searching via amazon.com? Alternate listings are appearing.

yes, and I notice an uptick on Amazon FBA issues that relates to having a negative impact on my metrics and it's Amazon that's slow to follow-up on.

5 minutes ago, cladner said:

yes.  and you are special.

Amazon is a strange platform with confusing and non-transparent metrics & algorithms.  I thought this quote from the below article link was interesting:

"Sellers on social media are more confused than ever by Amazon’s upcoming policy change because they are realizing something that Amazon never told them:  There are multiple Seller Central platforms. 

We all think there is ONE Seller Central platforms that all sellers use, but that’s not the case.  There are many.  This is why, for example, some sellers have the option of daily draws and others don’t.  It isn’t because they are special; it is because when they signed up to sell, that was an option on that platform.

From my own observation of the thousands of sellers’ accounts we’ve been inside, there are at least four and possibly many more different platforms."

https://egrowthpartners.com/amazons-official-seller-address-explained/ 

6 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

Amazon is a strange platform with confusing and non-transparent metrics & algorithms.  I thought this quote from the below article link was interesting:

"Sellers on social media are more confused than ever by Amazon’s upcoming policy change because they are realizing something that Amazon never told them:  There are multiple Seller Central platforms. 

We all think there is ONE Seller Central platforms that all sellers use, but that’s not the case.  There are many.  This is why, for example, some sellers have the option of daily draws and others don’t.  It isn’t because they are special; it is because when they signed up to sell, that was an option on that platform.

From my own observation of the thousands of sellers’ accounts we’ve been inside, there are at least four and possibly many more different platforms."

https://egrowthpartners.com/amazons-official-seller-address-explained/ 

i meant special in a vague unknowable almost magical way.  i have been selling on amazon since 2012 and i am grandfathered in to get account withdraw on demand but sporadic sets i am blocked on including this one.  i don't have any to sell so not a big deal.   i agree that there is a hidden rating behind each seller that we know nothing about and will never see.

Edited by cladner

9 minutes ago, cladner said:

i meant special in a vague unknowable almost magical way.  i have been selling on amazon since 2012 and i am grandfathered in to get account withdraw on demand but sporadic sets i am blocked on including this one.  i don't have any to sell so not a big deal.   i agree that there is a hidden rating behind each seller that we know nothing about and will never see.

Isn't it kind of obvious based on Toycentric?  Just do 1000s of dropshipping and buy fake positive feedbacks...   sarcasm, maybe :P

42 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I'm ok to list that one and i've never sold it before.  Are you looking at ASIN B07JXP6RW5 ?  

I'm also able to sell that ASIN and I've never sold any before. Like cladner mentioned though, I don't have any of these to sell so I don't care either way about selling them this holiday season anyway.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I appear to be able to list that one.

4 hours ago, marcandre said:

I am unable to list the smb starter course. I can list the remaining smb sets.

Just tried mustang, can't list. This message on both - 

You are not approved to list this product and we are not currently accepting applications.  

This isn't the only set. It's really sporadic whether or not I can list the set.

My post was intended to let people know they are blocking new listings and if you can list it/intend on doing some flipping this Christmas you may want to add them to your account now or check before you begin purchasing inventory :)

Its always a mystery if the ASIN's will be unlocked or the reason behind it.

• Like 2

I was grandfathered in and got this message.  There are always random sets I get that message to.  Mandalorian Battle Pack 75267 is another one.  Years ago I had purchased tons of different Lego magnets and the Darth Maul Magnet is still one I cannot sell.  I remember Palpatine's Arrest being one I was blocked for at one time but eventually I was able to.  One time I called and had it fixed but the next time I tried the person was a little obstinate and just let it go for fear of what it could lead to.

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 9.57.26 AM.png

I'm blocked from listing the Gingerbread House, the Tree House, the Baby Yoda brickheadz, and the Crocodile train. These are the only ones I know of and the reason why I know is because I sent in a shipment of all these things like 4-6 weeks ago and sometime between sending the items in and having them checked in I lost my ability to sell them and so they were all marked as stranded. Of course I can't even have them sent back to me yet because they were never checked in, so... fun stuff.

Same thing happened earlier this year where random sets suddenly became restricted to me for about a month, and then I was able to sell them again. Never figured out any pattern to it.

8 minutes ago, Serejai said:

I'm blocked from listing the Gingerbread House, the Tree House, the Baby Yoda brickheadz, and the Crocodile train. These are the only ones I know of and the reason why I know is because I sent in a shipment of all these things like 4-6 weeks ago and sometime between sending the items in and having them checked in I lost my ability to sell them and so they were all marked as stranded. Of course I can't even have them sent back to me yet because they were never checked in, so... fun stuff.

Same thing happened earlier this year where random sets suddenly became restricted to me for about a month, and then I was able to sell them again. Never figured out any pattern to it.

Yep, had this happen with the Frozen stuff.  I used my previously sold ASIN's and shipped everything in only to have it stranded later.  And of course its all at my expense.