Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Are there any alternatives to selling on Amazon?

From what I understand, best place to sell in terms of how fast inventory moves in descending order:

1) Amazon

2) Ebay

3) CL

4) Mercari / FB?

Is walmart an option? shopify? any others sites that actually can move sets quickly. 

Where would bricklink fit in the list above?

I just opened a Buckingham Palace customer return from January to see if it was in saleable condition. 

The exterior is taped all over and the inside is as expected a bunch of loose pieces. Hopefully they are from BP.

Buyer claimed reason as "defective".

Do I have any recourse? I realize it's months later, but let's assume I had paid attention right away instead of waiting.

Would could I have done? And if he's claiming defective, how could i disprove him?

In general I'm always nervous to start up with amazon since they can always ask me for invoices which I dont have. 

How do y'all deal with fraudulent returns?

I tried a SAFE - T claim but got this message (It was FBA)

This order is not eligible for SAFE-T claim. Only Seller Fulfilled Prime orders, MFN Prepaid Return Label orders, Easy Ship orders and VAS orders, are eligible for SAFE-T claims. Please refer to Amazon SAFE-T Claim Policy for more details

Edited by Bricklectic

11 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I just opened a Buckingham Palace customer return from January to see if it was in saleable condition. 

The exterior is taped all over and the inside is as expected a bunch of loose pieces. Hopefully they are from BP.

Buyer claimed reason as "defective".

Do I have any recourse? I realize it's months later, but let's assume I had paid attention right away instead of waiting.

Would could I have done? And if he's claiming defective, how could i disprove him?

In general I'm always nervous to start up with amazon since they can always ask me for invoices which I dont have. 

How do y'all deal with fraudulent returns?

I tried a SAFE - T claim but got this message (It was FBA)

This order is not eligible for SAFE-T claim. Only Seller Fulfilled Prime orders, MFN Prepaid Return Label orders, Easy Ship orders and VAS orders, are eligible for SAFE-T claims. Please refer to Amazon SAFE-T Claim Policy for more details

Open a case with Amazon CS  and tell your side of the story along with some pictures. it is a 50/50 , but worst case scenario , they say no.

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Open a case with Amazon CS  and tell your side of the story along with some pictures. it is a 50/50 , but worst case scenario , they say no.

Is there anywhere that more detail on the "defective" claim is visible to me to see?

It's hard to counter such a broad vague claim other then saying "it looks good to me"

It's even possible he's correct, but there's no way to know without detail. I suspect he started building it and lost interest though. It's half assembled.

7 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Is there anywhere that more detail on the "defective" claim is visible to me to see?

It's hard to counter such a broad vague claim other then saying "it looks good to me"

It's even possible he's correct, but there's no way to know without detail. I suspect he started building it and lost interest though. It's half assembled.

unless the customer added some details , then no, but you should be able to check under performance > fba customer return. ( if defective is in blue then you can click and see what the customer said ) .

Having said that, it is irrelevant, your argument is that the customer returned the set open with just random parts . what the customer said is of no significance to you  . Amazon will counter with some bs about how seller is responsible for returns marked as defected, and you will counter bringing up your history as a seller and about the buyer's "shady" practice .

How much time and effort  you want to put into this is up to you . I usually do two back and forth with amazon and if the set is cheap enough without any reimbursement , I let it go. Some people will not bother for the get go claiming it is the price of doing business, not worth their team, and/or fear retribution from amazon  , others keep going and open several cases. 

• Thanks 1

House Democrats say Facebook, Amazon, Alphabet, Apple enjoy ‘monopoly power’ and recommend big changes

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/06/house-democrats-say-facebook-amazon-alphabet-apple-enjoy-monopoly-power.html

The Democratic report found that the four tech companies enjoy monopoly power in the following areas: 

Apple: distribution of software apps on iOS devices.
Amazon: most third-party sellers and many suppliers.
Facebook: online advertising and social networking.
Google: online search.

FBM return question,

I authorized 2 returns for 2 separate orders . Fast forward 70+ days and neither customer have returned the product and now Amazon is telling me I have two pending refunds for these orders. what would be the correct action to take to close this ?

When you check the tracking numbers for the return packages, did they say returned to seller?  Amazon only send email to me after tracking is updated.  

If tracking said returned, I would check the tracking # on USPS website to see if the items arrived at your location.  Since it is past 70 days, there is a good chance USPS reused those tracking #s.  If this is the case, I would contact Amazon to close the return since the item is routed to wrong address. 

I have not had this happen to me, but if tracking said returned to seller, you only have 2 business days before Amazon automatically refund buyers 

FBM return question,

I authorized 2 returns for 2 separate orders . Fast forward 70+ days and neither customer have returned the product and now Amazon is telling me I have two pending refunds for these orders. what would be the correct action to take to close this ?

Same for me.

FBM. Buyer asked me to cancel 70 days agon after I already shipped the product.

I answerd that time, no problem, please do a request of return when you receive it.

And suddenly, I realized 2 days ago, amazon is asking me to refund the buyer who has never even done a return request...

10 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

When you check the tracking numbers for the return packages, did they say returned to seller?  Amazon only send email to me after tracking is updated.  

If tracking said returned, I would check the tracking # on USPS website to see if the items arrived at your location.  Since it is past 70 days, there is a good chance USPS reused those tracking #s.  If this is the case, I would contact Amazon to close the return since the item is routed to wrong address. 

I have not had this happen to me, but if tracking said returned to seller, you only have 2 business days before Amazon automatically refund buyers 

There is no tracking number since no prepaid label was provided ( buyer no longer wanted it on and ordered the wrong thing were the stated reasons). I double checked by return pile and I don't have them. I read on the seller forum there it is a glitch. 

21 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

There is no tracking number since no prepaid label was provided ( buyer no longer wanted it on and ordered the wrong thing were the stated reasons). I double checked by return pile and I don't have them. I read on the seller forum there it is a glitch. 

Amazon should give buyers postage+tracking when it automatically approved the return, no?  Or are you saying you are still able to manually approve returns?

I have been doing auto approval for a while and Amazon never asked me to refund until trackings showed I got the items back  

26 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Or are you saying you are still able to manually approve returns?

I have been doing auto approval for a while and Amazon never asked me to refund until trackings showed I got the items back  

yes... hmmmmm i might need to look into that, my FBM skills are still relatively green 

edit : some topics popping on the seller forum now, wonder if it is just a bot gone wild. 

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

FBM return question,

Just got one myself for an authorized return over 160 days ago.....still haven't received the item back. I went ahead and just refunded the purchase since it was only a $17 polybag. But interesting that all of us get the same notices...must be cleaning house.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:53 AM, Bold-Arrow said:

FBM return question,

I just had one pop up from 105 days ago. Buyer requested return but never sent it. So this just cleared up for you?

Hope this help some folks especially as we go into the holiday season, printing manifest so postal workers don't have to scan multiple packages. I wished I knew this earlier as it would save me and some postal workers some frustration.

Go to Order report under the orders tab and click on end of day forms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, joch29 said:

Hope this help some folks especially as we go into the holiday season, printing manifest so postal workers don't have to scan multiple packages. I wished I knew this earlier as it would save me and some postal workers some frustration.

Go to Order report under the orders tab and click on end of day forms.

So if you ship out 50 packages, the postal worker just scans the sheet once to confirm receipt of all 50?