Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

4 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Move to eBay and pray nobody will ever open SNAD case against you :P

Some buyers are never satisfied and will say whatever they can to get an item for free. It's a scam through and through. I always make sure to take extra pictures of an item as I'm packaging it just to prove that it's sealed and packed well. I've successfully defended one case. Other times, not so much. And if you fight too much you'll lose anyways. For example I sold an Xbox controller new in the blister packaging there's no way it could have been opened. Buyer says it was open used and they won the case and kept my controller and the money. 

Thankfully with Lego I haven't run into much of that. Knock on wood.

Who is the seller "Solati".  I just found them popping up in listings selling at RRP and below -- killing some qf's
I also just saw that seller, selling an exclusive set at RRP (40% below market value, qty 27), in stock arriving March 1. It's just bad enough to confuse Timmy's grandma into not buying mine FBA.

12 minutes ago, FM said:
On 12/10/2020 at 7:53 PM, gmpirate said:
Who is the seller "Solati".  I just found them popping up in listings selling at RRP and below -- killing some qf's

I also just saw that seller, selling an exclusive set at RRP (40% below market value, qty 27), in stock arriving March 1. It's just bad enough to confuse Timmy's grandma into not buying mine FBA.

tie fighter helmet flip killer.

A few observations.

-FBM is winning the buy box quite with lesser margin than I've experienced in the past.
-People are in a race to unload their inventory.

• I'm being undercut aggressively 5-10$
  • There is a week left of selling - relax.

-The prices on many medium items stayed pretty stagnant or decreased throughout the holidays. Most of these were medium large sets that hit a 200$ ceiling.

• Mia's Camper
  • Friends house
  • Friends Pet shop
  • Bedrock
  • Holiday train/Station

11 minutes ago, landphieran said:

A few observations.

-FBM is winning the buy box quite with lesser margin than I've experienced in the past.
-People are in a race to unload their inventory.

• I'm being undercut aggressively 5-10$
  • There is a week left of selling - relax.

-The prices on many medium items stayed pretty stagnant or decreased throughout the holidays. Most of these were medium large sets that hit a 200$ ceiling.

• Mia's Camper
  • Friends house
  • Friends Pet shop
  • Bedrock
  • Holiday train/Station

there is a growing sense that shipping is going to be a real problem heading into this last stretch, especially if you are planning on or have already been using usps.  The window to sell and get item to buyer in time for xmas may be shorter than it appears.  At least I think that's what drives current seller behavior.  There will probably be a few days though where there is an air pocket of sellers with deliverable product and last minute price-insensitive buyers may have no choice but to pay a lot more to get what they want when they want it.  i am still trying to figure out how i can enact this with extra shipping fees that don't get refunded when dbag buyers try to return my express mail gift after holidays because they found a better price lol.

4 hours ago, cladner said:

there is a growing sense that shipping is going to be a real problem heading into this last stretch, especially if you are planning on or have already been using usps.  The window to sell and get item to buyer in time for xmas may be shorter than it appears.  At least I think that's what drives current seller behavior.  There will probably be a few days though where there is an air pocket of sellers with deliverable product and last minute price-insensitive buyers may have no choice but to pay a lot more to get what they want when they want it.  i am still trying to figure out how i can enact this with extra shipping fees that don't get refunded when dbag buyers try to return my express mail gift after holidays because they found a better price lol.

There are tons of FBA inventory coming in stock between December 20 and 31st.  It is going to be a messy race to the bottom very soon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

There are tons of FBA inventory coming in stock between December 20 and 31st.  It is going to be a messy race to the bottom very soon

very true though even if it arrives on 20th and is sold on 20th, it won't be shipped at destination by 24th.  race to bottom is well underway on some sets that were bloated with fba like duplo 10813. 24 fba sellers, 12 fbm sellers currently though when istarted it was like 30:7.  i started selling them at $119 - rode it up to $134.99 fbm i think they made it $149 fba  and then it was a slide down $110 though i still think there's a chance for delivery date-based rally coming up.  pretty decent performance for a set that was around weeks on end for $35 and at times for $28 last december.