Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

3 minutes ago, redcell said:

Really? When did that change?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

I saw this somewhere :

DISPUTES

Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of any Amazon Service will be adjudicated in the state or Federal courts in King County, Washington, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in these courts. We each waive any right to a jury trial.

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I saw this somewhere :

DISPUTES

Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of any Amazon Service will be adjudicated in the state or Federal courts in King County, Washington, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in these courts. We each waive any right to a jury trial.

Lessons learned from Patreon's $2 mil loss in arbitration fees :D

We lost our chance to do the same thing to Amazon (ie. arbitration cases from multiple parties that would require Amzn to pay for arbitration costs)  :(

Yeah,
Amazon was getting killed with the number of arbitration cases. They thought they would make it harder for people and it ended up being the reverse. The irony…

See this WSJ article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/amazon-faced-75-000-arbitration-demands-now-it-says-fine-sue-us-11622547000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I saw this somewhere :

DISPUTES

6 minutes ago, grackleflint said:

Yeah,
Amazon was getting killed with the number of arbitration cases. They thought they would make it harder for people and it ended up being the reverse. The irony…

See this WSJ article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/amazon-faced-75-000-arbitration-demands-now-it-says-fine-sue-us-11622547000

How many think Amazon had or will have a lot of influence on the election process for these judges in King County, Washington ? :drag:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

How many think Amazon had or will have a lot of influence on the election process for these judges in King County, Washington ? :drag:

They won't waste their time with that nonsense...the mere fact that the only place that you can resolve a dispute with Amazon is in Seattle increases the cost of launching a dispute well beyond what the vast majority of sellers could justify spending.  I'm finalizing the settlement of an arbitration claim with them now and there is no way that I would have gone down the road of a legal dispute if I'd had to sue them in Seattle.  There's also no way that I would have gone down this road if Seller Support hadn't turned into a bunch of knuckle-dragging mouth-breathing morons who couldn't find their way out of a paper bag, much help anyone with anything else. 

At the end of the day, they are going to regret making this change because it opens the door to class action lawsuits.  If one hasn't already been filed, I can guarantee you that one will be on file soon on behalf of a putative class of third party sellers for lost merchandise that the sellers couldn't reimbursed for because of the abject incompetence and stupidity of Seller Support.

• Sad 2

Nothing new to the idea of establishing the location of court proceedings in agreements. Every company does it. I was just working on a small agreement at work a couple of weeks ago with a company in Dallas and if my company had to sue them we would have to file the lawsuit in Dallas. Logistically it’s just easier. 

• Like 1

I have it also.

Actually,it appears if you have been selling products that don't hage a ASIN code of LEGO but have LEGO in the description.

For example : selling Minifigurines using an ASIN code not from LEGO which is necessary anyway because minifigurines don't have ASIN codes...

Nothing new to the idea of establishing the location of court proceedings in agreements. Every company does it. I was just working on a small agreement at work a couple of weeks ago with a company in Dallas and if my company had to sue them we would have to file the lawsuit in Dallas. Logistically it’s just easier. 

I wonder how most companies create legal teams just to deal with it.

10 hours ago, jbacunn said:

My company never accepts Texas as their jury awards often have triple damages. 

26 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I wonder how most companies create legal teams just to deal with it.

I work for a large company so they we would just hire local counsel to handle the lawsuit if it came to that. It's not that easy for a small business owner and Amazon knows that of course.  If it's big business suing another big business the location of the court proceedings isn't that big of a deal. Big business versus small business owner is different. 

• Like 2

Amazon seller central support is frustrating to deal with in general but I find them straight out dishonest when units go missing on an FBA inventory shipment, and thus whether they receive less units than packed or from inventory reconciliation showing less units sold than received and no reimbursement on the missing units. Every time I open a case on this type of issues the first answer I get is “nope, we see nothing wrong here”. Common…I understand that these missing units can show up months later but common just reimburse me and reverse the reimbursement later on if they show up. They do these reimbursement reversals very well in general. I mean Whats the big deal here. Why giving us all that crap.

13 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

Amazon seller central support is frustrating to deal with in general but I find them straight out dishonest when units go missing on an FBA inventory shipment, and thus whether they receive less units than packed or from inventory reconciliation showing less units sold than received and no reimbursement on the missing units. Every time I open a case on this type of issues the first answer I get is “nope, we see nothing wrong here”. Common…I understand that these missing units can show up months later but common just reimburse me and reverse the reimbursement later on if they show up. They do these reimbursement reversals very well in general. I mean Whats the big deal here. Why giving us all that crap.emoji90.png

yup. They could care less 

Another one that pisses me off too is the unfulfillable units that never become available for a removal, or those units that have been set for removal but for some reasons they remain unfulfillable and not available for removal because they already got set for removal . And then I get the email stating that these units have been unfulfillable for too long and past that date they will be destroyed. One time I went past that Date and they removed the units, gone. I could not get reimbursed no matter how hard I tried.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brickology101 said:

Another one that pisses me off too is the unfulfillable units that never become available for a removal, or those units that have been set for removal but for some reasons they remain unfulfillable and not available for removal because they already got set for removal emoji35.png. And then I get the email stating that these units have been unfulfillable for too long and past that date they will be destroyed. One time I went past that Date and they removed the units, gone. I could not get reimbursed no matter how hard I tried.

Another reason I stopped doing fba. I can keep going on and on , I ultimately decided my sanity is worth more than what I was making . 

• Like 1