Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

30 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

Amazon seller central support is frustrating to deal with in general but I find them straight out dishonest when units go missing on an FBA inventory shipment, and thus whether they receive less units than packed or from inventory reconciliation showing less units sold than received and no reimbursement on the missing units. Every time I open a case on this type of issues the first answer I get is “nope, we see nothing wrong here”. Common…I understand that these missing units can show up months later but common just reimburse me and reverse the reimbursement later on if they show up. They do these reimbursement reversals very well in general. I mean Whats the big deal here. Why giving us all that crap.emoji90.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Because they can

2. Rocketship fuel ain't cheap and papa Bezo needs every single cent from you suckers, er sellers

Another reason I stopped doing fba. I can keep going on and on , I ultimately decided my sanity is worth more than what I was making . 

Do you do FBM on a professional selling plan? SFP? I’d be interested to hear about how often you get the buy box.

One of the main benefits of shifting from eBay to FBA was the work flow on my end, but if FBA is really this much of a headache I think I might try a mix of FBM for large, high dollar items and stick with FBA for moving quantities.

I could never do FBM as a regular thing.  Lost products wouldnt make up for my labor, communication, hassle, etc.  I just chalk missing items up to cost of doing biz.

Now if I had full time employees that could change things.  At least I know it has for some whales.  Never ran those numbers but I’m sure at some point it works — especially if you are selling across multiple mediums.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Do you do FBM on a professional selling plan? SFP? I’d be interested to hear about how often you get the buy box.

One of the main benefits of shifting from eBay to FBA was the work flow on my end, but if FBA is really this much of a headache I think I might try a mix of FBM for large, high dollar items and stick with FBA for moving quantities.

I do fbm with a professional plan that way I have more control over my shipping plan and I ship more that 40 orders a month . I stopped doing SFP a while back after amazon changed the way promised delivery dates are calculated . Sometime I do compete with then BB , other times I don’t but still get the sales .  It works for me with what I sell and I still move a lot of product . I’ll do fba during Christmas to move small sets in quantities but other than that I don’t see it as an advantage for me , at least in the time being . 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Keeping inventory boxed and ready to go helps a ton with fbm. It's just printing labels at that point. The only downside is it takes more shelf space when everything is boxed. 

I keep it as chaotic as possible, so I can get my steps in for the day.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Well it happened. 49 items now show as “Detail Page Removed” in my inventory. Do I delete them and try again later or just leave them in case it gets updated? 

Fortunately they are mostly older sets and action figures that I can probably move elsewhere. Surprised at some of the more recent ones like the Corner Deli or Friends Hot Dog van.

30 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Well it happened. 49 items now show as “Detail Page Removed” in my inventory. Do I delete them and try again later or just leave them in case it gets updated? 

Fortunately they are mostly older sets and action figures that I can probably move elsewhere. Surprised at some of the more recent ones like the Corner Deli or Friends Hot Dog van.

If you have no intention of selling them on Amazon just delete them . I sometimes keep them open just to see if other listings pop up 

On 7/19/2021 at 10:39 AM, Bold-Arrow said:

My reply to return would be along these lines ; please accept our apology for this issue . We kindly ask that you return everything inside a shipping box along with all stickers sheets , instruction manuals and minifigures ( if applicable ). A refund will be issued once the item is returned per Amazon’s policies . ( do not mention full refund ).

once returned inspect set . If valuable pieces and items ( mentioned above ) are missing or BLepin/ rocks are inside then you can withhold up to 50% or file a Safe-T claim if you so choose . It is a bit tricky with missing pieces as return reason since the seller- per amazon - is at fault . But a blatant scam will strengthen your case .

also a chance the buyer is looking for an argument without having any intention of returning the item hoping to keep it for free . 

so we got the set back from Canada, not sure if I mentioned this but it's the Mack Anthem.  It is like 90% built, customer said "missing pieces" as the reason for return but in his package there are "empty" bags that have random pieces in them.  Looks to me like the customer started building it, got tired of the build, and wanted to make up an excuse to get his $$$ back.  Anyways I am going to try to withhold max amount (50%?) and see what happens.

2 hours ago, ichiroll said:

so we got the set back from Canada, not sure if I mentioned this but it's the Mack Anthem.  It is like 90% built, customer said "missing pieces" as the reason for return but in his package there are "empty" bags that have random pieces in them.  Looks to me like the customer started building it, got tired of the build, and wanted to make up an excuse to get his $$$ back.  Anyways I am going to try to withhold max amount (50%?) and see what happens.

You can , just be aware you can lose an AZ and get a hit . If your metrics can take that , I would follow that course of action 

• Thanks 1

For few weeks, we receive daily notification from Amazon for providing documentation on Lego sets.

Until now, it was affecting only sets which did not have a LEGO ASIN but now it is affecting even sets they are selling such as TECNIc 42105;

Today, they requested it also for Architecture China Wall.

If it keeps this paste, by Christmas, there will be no more reseller selling LEGO on Amazon...

Very very worring

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yannick29 said:

For few weeks, we receive daily notification from Amazon for providing documentation on Lego sets.

Until now, it was affecting only sets which did not have a LEGO ASIN but now it is affecting even sets they are selling such as TECNIc 42105;

Today, they requested it also for Architecture China Wall.

If it keeps this paste, by Christmas, there will be no more reseller selling LEGO on Amazon...

Very very worring

Did you do anything to trigger the first warnings? FBA or FBM? How long have you been selling on AMazon?

8 years, 100% Positive rating, only FBM, sometims I send some FBA.

It is not something which is focusing on me. You reveive emails from Amazon listing ASIN which are possible to be remoev if you don't provide validation papers. We have already discussed this in the past but it is really accelarating.

This is happening on Amazon EU.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, supergman said:

Aren't compliance requests so much fun?  I gave up selling on AMZ as this was a completely impossible task to take care of and with the constant hassle and lack of help, I got nowhere after multiple attempts.  Good luck to ya'....

so strange that only some ppl are getting and not others

7 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

so strange that only some ppl are getting and not others

I've never seen an example of the safety document problem being different for each seller.  These have nothing to do with your metrics and are done at an ASIN level.  If one person shows an ASIN needing documentation on their account health document screen, then I believe everyone does.  Might be different for each country platform since I think Yannick indicated the .EU platform.  Unless you are going to let the item sit at Amazon for months, I wouldn't worry about it.  Usually you can sell out of the item before they pull the listing or someone else gets the listings fixed with documentation.

• Like 1

I do not know why these are coming in heavy right now.  I sell lego and other action figures on amazon and I have gotten almost 135 of these in the last 3 months.  I have provided the documentation asked for and I am still getting declined and they cannot tell me why.  I have provided the documents from the wholesaler and manufacturer and I am being told to resubmit.

I also have been hit with the deactivated listings for pricing.  Trying to deal with that is a pain, other sellers have items listed for more than mine and these are items that are unavailable at retail anymore.

1 minute ago, yannick29 said:

I think so but why for example technic 42105 is in the list ? Amazon is selling it themselves….

I've seen plenty of requests for items that Amazon is selling themselves.  They rely too much on AI and automated systems.  It stops me from buying and ordering stuff that has caused problems in the past.  The pricing errors, suspected IP stuff, incorrect release dates/dog pages on new items, and safety documents....etc etc.  I have managed to figure most of this stuff and adjust my strategies and work around it.  I don't think it is going to get better in the near future, but hopefully someday.