Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G1791

1. Insurance.

If the gross proceeds from Your Transactions exceed the applicable Insurance Threshold during any month if the Elected Country is the United States, or each month over any period of three (3) consecutive months if the Elected Country is Canada or Mexico, or otherwise if requested by us, then within thirty (30) days thereafter, you will maintain at your expense throughout the remainder of the Term for each applicable Elected Country commercial general, umbrella or excess liability insurance with the Insurance Limits per occurrence and in aggregate covering liabilities caused by or occurring in conjunction with the operation of your business, including products, products/completed operations and bodily injury, with policy(ies) naming Amazon and its assignees as additional insureds. At our request, you will provide to us certificates of insurance, the full insurance policy, or other documents we may request for the coverage to the following address: c/o Amazon, P.O. Box 81226, Seattle, WA 98108-1226, Attention: Risk Management.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

+10k sales when? I did last time in December (10 month ago) and get the message. What going to happen gif you don’t confirm that insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that if you don't provide it, you are in violation of the terms of being a seller and will have your account suspended or terminated. At least, that's my understanding of it.

1 hour ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I believe that if you don't provide it, you are in violation of the terms of being a seller and will have your account suspended or terminated. At least, that's my understanding of it.

I'm checking into it now. Luckily my home insurance agent was able to research and get me a quote for a business policy.

Succint Summary over on SF:

It’s just another way for AMZ to get money from you. They tell you that you need to do something that will be hard to do for a lot of small sellers. Hard to find, lots of paperwork etc. Then they make it EASY for you by providing some options for you to get it. I picked the first one, filled out a form that took about 30 seconds, and it’s $300 a year, OK now I have insurance.

I guarantee you that AMZ gets a BIG, FAT, cut of that. The email says “within 30 days after exceeding $10,000 in gross proceeds in sales in one month on Amazon.com or if otherwise requested by Amazon.”
or if otherwise requested by Amazon." So basically they can tell everyone to do it. Some larger business will already have it and just have to add AMZ to the policy, but a lot of sole props, it’s just a squeeze by them, that’s why Bezos can fly to the moon, her can always find a way to get in your pocket!

38 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Succint Summary over on SF:

It’s just another way for AMZ to get money from you. They tell you that you need to do something that will be hard to do for a lot of small sellers. Hard to find, lots of paperwork etc. Then they make it EASY for you by providing some options for you to get it. I picked the first one, filled out a form that took about 30 seconds, and it’s $300 a year, OK now I have insurance.

I guarantee you that AMZ gets a BIG, FAT, cut of that. The email says “within 30 days after exceeding $10,000 in gross proceeds in sales in one month on Amazon.com or if otherwise requested by Amazon.”
or if otherwise requested by Amazon." So basically they can tell everyone to do it. Some larger business will already have it and just have to add AMZ to the policy, but a lot of sole props, it’s just a squeeze by them, that’s why Bezos can fly to the moon, her can always find a way to get in your pocket!

Where is this option?

4 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I think the nuance was they only enforced requirement previously if you sold more than $10k in three months (now $10K in a month) or if there was a claim above a certain threshold. 

I don't think they've ever enforced this regardless of volume.  I have always been above the thresholds, but I never knew there was a page to upload insurance information (even though I have had the insurance for years.)  Once they formally announced the "official" enforced requirement recently, I just uploaded the certificate and it was accepted within a few days.  

I guess the October adjustment is here to stay :

Amazon Extended Holiday Returns Policy - Holiday 2021

The Amazon Extended Holiday Returns Policy for 2021 requires that most of the items purchased between October 1, 2021, and December 31, 2021, be eligible for return through January 31, 2022. This is an annual, temporary extension of the standard return window.

Although the return window for most orders is extended, return eligibility for all orders remain the same. You can see return eligibility for each category on our Returns Help page.

You can learn more about the Extended Holiday Returns Policy in Seller Central.

That policy is meaningless. i read this on the forums today 

We just found out through an FBA removal that Amazon refunded a buyer for a product purchased FOUR years ago. The item hasn’t been in our inventory since 2017, and we tracked a refund done last month for this item and the original order was placed in 2017.

We requested a reimbursement.

Want to know what Amazon says?

“To ensure a great customer experience, we may accept returns beyond the timeframe stated in the policies. Amazon may make case-by-case exceptions and accept return requests beyond 30 days of receipt.”

Then they said no reimbursement is due.

Amazon. An exception would be 60, 90 or maybe even a little more days after 90 days.

NOT ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY DAYS LATER!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, marcandre said:

We just found out through an FBA removal that Amazon refunded a buyer for a product purchased FOUR years ago. The item hasn’t been in our inventory since 2017, and we tracked a refund done last month for this item and the original order was placed in 2017.

“To ensure a great customer experience, we may accept returns beyond the timeframe stated in the policies. Amazon may make case-by-case exceptions and accept return requests beyond 30 days of receipt.”

Amazon. An exception would be 60, 90 or maybe even a little more days after 90 days.

Rules for thee not for me

This sounds like a bot going haywire. I would escalate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Charlotte Observer

Amazon lost hundreds of thousands of dollars to one man in North Carolina who sought refunds for a litany of high-end goods — from expensive coffee machines to new computers — that he never returned, according to the Justice Department.

Now he faces federal charges.

Hudson Hamrick, who lives in Charlotte, was charged Monday with wire fraud in the Western District of North Carolina, court filings show. He’s accused of orchestrating more than 300 fraudulent transactions that cost Amazon over $290,000.

Hamrick could not be reached by McClatchy News for comment, and information regarding his defense attorney was not immediately available.

The alleged fraud lasted from October 2016 to some time in 2020, according to charging documents.

During that time, prosecutors said, Hamrick would order an expensive product from Amazon, file a return and receive a full refund. But instead of sending the product back, Hamrick is accused of returning a cheaper version that was often broken and worth significantly less than the item he received.

Hamrick succeeded in receiving bogus refunds on the return of more than 270 products, about 250 of which were worth significantly less than what he initially ordered, court documents state.

If he didn’t initiate a return, Hamrick would seek a concession by claiming to have never received the product or that it arrived broken, necessitating a replacement, the government said.

Prosecutors said he would “either keep the new, expensive item or resell the item on an online platform.”

The government pointed to a number of specific incidents that occurred in 2019 and 2020 — starting with fancy coffee maker.

Hamrick reportedly bought a Jura professional coffee machine from Amazon in July 2019 for $3,536, court documents state. He asked to return it about a week later and was given a refund. But instead of returning the coffee machine he received, prosecutors said, Hamrick sent another Jura coffee machine worth $2,000 less.

He is accused of reselling the professional coffee maker on his own Amazon account about seven months later.

Hamrick repeated the scheme with a $4,200 iMac Pro in August 2019, this time sending back a “much older, less valuable non-Pro model with a completely different serial number,” prosecutors said. He reportedly sold the iMac Pro on eBay later that same month.

In September 2019, prosecutors said, Hamrick bought a gaming laptop for $2,776 from Amazon that he returned the next day. But the laptop he sent back was worth $2,300 less.

Hamrick also bought a $1,200 Fuji spray paint system from Amazon in February 2020 that he tried to return with another Fuji model worth just $349. Fuji makes spray equipment 22 that’s used in the after-market car industry and by spray tan companies, according to its website.

Prosecutors said Amazon blocked the refund on Hamrick’s return, but he was still able to resell the equipment using his own Amazon account.

• Like 1

A few days ago an FBM customer contacted me with a claim that they never received the ordered item, and that the online tracking shows it as lost. I politely replied that I will pass on their claim to the shipping provider to investigate (which I did.)

the next day the customer opened an A-to-Z-guarantee claim which was accepted by Amazon, and they issued the customer a full refund for the transaction, while deducting the full amount from me.

i check the tracking info, and it actually says the item was sucessfully delivered a few days after sent (this is across borders in EU). meaning, the order was shipped and delivered on time. I appeal the claim to Amazon with all this info, tracking numbers etc.

Amazon replies that they need more evidence from me - specifically a proof that the package was signed for when delivered. And that if I don't reply within 72 hours they might side with the buyer. The problem is I have to ask for such proof from the shipping provider, who's already looking into the non-delivery claim for like 3 days, and I'm sure there's no way in hell they'll send me anything within 72hrs.

To make things even more "fun" there isn't even an option to reply to the (appealed) claim on Amazon with the info requested even if I'd have it. It still says Amazon is evaluating it (despite their request for more proof)

Oh, and of course there's no phone number to talk to anyone live in Europe for seller issues. 

Any wise words from the more experienced folks?

1 hour ago, martinel said:

A few days ago an FBM customer contacted me with a claim that they never received the ordered item, and that the online tracking shows it as lost. I politely replied that I will pass on their claim to the shipping provider to investigate (which I did.)

the next day the customer opened an A-to-Z-guarantee claim which was accepted by Amazon, and they issued the customer a full refund for the transaction, while deducting the full amount from me.

i check the tracking info, and it actually says the item was sucessfully delivered a few days after sent (this is across borders in EU). meaning, the order was shipped and delivered on time. I appeal the claim to Amazon with all this info, tracking numbers etc.

Amazon replies that they need more evidence from me - specifically a proof that the package was signed for when delivered. And that if I don't reply within 72 hours they might side with the buyer. The problem is I have to ask for such proof from the shipping provider, who's already looking into the non-delivery claim for like 3 days, and I'm sure there's no way in hell they'll send me anything within 72hrs.

To make things even more "fun" there isn't even an option to reply to the (appealed) claim on Amazon with the info requested even if I'd have it. It still says Amazon is evaluating it (despite their request for more proof)

Oh, and of course there's no phone number to talk to anyone live in Europe for seller issues. 

Any wise words from the more experienced folks?

in the initial reply i would have included the tracking number, a link to the shipping company website that shows the tracking status, and lastly a copy and paste of what the tracking number is showing on shipping company website.  the reply is more for informing the amazon service representative than to communicate to the customer.    at this point, i would file a SAFE-T claim and submit tracking information showing the item was delivered in time.

• Like 1