Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Sorry for question from inexperienced amazon seller, but how do you deal with random invoice requests to confirm Lego authenticity? I got one from pq-offer-review for the item I had listed but didn't even sell. How serious is it? I sent them an invoice, is it a one-off or do they do it periodically? 

My account is new, about 2 months old.

13 minutes ago, severalads said:

Sorry for question from inexperienced amazon seller, but how do you deal with random invoice requests to confirm Lego authenticity? I got one from pq-offer-review for the item I had listed but didn't even sell. How serious is it? I sent them an invoice, is it a one-off or do they do it periodically? 

It can be serious and it might limit your ability to sell Lego or even on the platform altogether. As a general rule, anytime you list any product on Amazon ,even if you haven’t sold it even have any units added to your inventory, you will run into such risk. 
when you say you sent them an invoice, is it an actual invoice or a retail receipt ? 

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

It can be serious and it might limit your ability to sell Lego or even on the platform altogether. As a general rule, anytime you list any product on Amazon ,even if you haven’t sold it even have any units added to your inventory, you will run into such risk. 
when you say you sent them an invoice, is it an actual invoice or a retail receipt ? 

So then everyone here runs a risk every time they list an item on Amazon? 

I sent them an actual invoice from wholeseller hoping they won't be too diligent checking it. I bought several Jurassic World 75942 from this wholeseller (which I haven't listed yet), but Amazon asked for invoice for Jurassic World 75941. Which in turn I bought from Amazon about 6 months ago. 

Don't judge me, I'm just being honest here hoping for someone to share genuine experience.

12 minutes ago, severalads said:

So then everyone here runs a risk every time they list an item on Amazon? 

I sent them an actual invoice from wholeseller hoping they won't be too diligent checking it. I bought several Jurassic World 75942 from this wholeseller (which I haven't listed yet), but Amazon asked for invoice for Jurassic World 75941. Which in turn I bought from Amazon about 6 months ago. 

Don't judge me, I'm just being honest here hoping for someone to share genuine experience.

No judgement here, just letting you know how amazon operates. Since you submitted something, I’d just wait and see what they come back with and take it from there . Good luck 

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

No judgement here, just letting you know how amazon operates. Since you submitted something, I’d just wait and see what they come back with and take it from there . Good luck 

Thanks, I'll post an update when/if they respond. I sent them an invoice 5 days ago, but so far heard nothing back, not even acknowledgement they received my response. Listing's still active. I feel like sitting on a bomb not knowing what the timer shows🤣

22 hours ago, severalads said:

Did yiou already send them invoice initially to get ungated - this is a second request?

15 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Is UPS no longer an option for FBM? Sold my first set this year via FBM and I am seeing this:

image.png.05f767173ee214583e4ad2a66baf5d51.png

sometimes ups won't show up for an hour or two.  try refreshing in a bit.  i printed some up with ups about an hour ago.  

edit- i just went to go print up a label and ups is not showing for me as well so should be brief glitch.

done with tonight's round of prepack...

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 3:31 AM, severalads said:

Thanks, I'll post an update when/if they respond. I sent them an invoice 5 days ago, but so far heard nothing back, not even acknowledgement they received my response. Listing's still active. I feel like sitting on a bomb not knowing what the timer shows🤣

So an update to my case, please help me find some logic here!!!

Amazon accepted my invoice and on Saturday I got a confirmation from them saying I may continue selling this ASIN. Same confirmation I see in my performance notifications. 

All good? No way, that was too good to be true.

Today Amazon removed this listing, asked for the same information again. 

In my seller account I now have a violation under "Product Authenticity Customer Complaints", which makes total sense cause I never sold a single item yet.

Fine, I open a case explaining them that I already submitted all information and could they please check their record. They responded very quickly, saying this particular ASIN is now gated for me and I need to apply to sell it. Right...

Fine, I submit same information again, in the appeal.

About an hour later I got an email titled "More information requested" and following message:

"Dear ,

We reviewed the information you provided and decided that you may continue to offer these items on Amazon:
"

Yet I cannot list it, my application in my seller account says it was declined.

So... the question is - is it just another day on Amazon or am I missing something?

So the ridiculousness of Amazon continues - I decided to submit same information again, because why not?

This time I received different response - 

Update to your Amazon ASIN

Hello,

We appreciate your efforts to comply with our selling policies. We have updated your account with the information that you provided for the ASINS listed at the end of this email.

At the same time they declined my application to sell this item and reinstated the ASIN. Also violation from my account was removed.

About 3 hours later I got an email from Amazon informing me that there are now restrictions in place for that particular ASIN and it was made inactive for me and I need to apply to be able to sell it. However it seems this was a delayed email, as item is active, I can list it and oh well... my application to be able to list it was declined.

I still trust there's some higher order logic behind this all. It's just me mortal who cannot comprehend vastness of their wisdom🤪

so what do you guys do with all your amz returns. for the big ticket items I go through and check that all the pieces are there. but i also have a dozen or so cheap sets like zombie caves and chicken coops and quidditches. 

I cant sell as complete unless i open and count but thats not my biz model (read:  im way too lazy). Cant think of an alternative though.

Edited by Bricklectic

23 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

so what do you guys do with all your amz returns. for the big ticket items I go through and check that all the pieces are there. but i also have a dozen or so cheap sets like zombie caves and chicken coops and quidditches. 

I cant sell as complete unless i open and count but thats not my biz model (read:  im way too lazy). Cant think of an alternative though.

I just make a present out of them

• Like 3