Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 minute ago, marcandre said:

Does amazon takes the hit on these if you buy shipping through them? They have taken the hit on my lost/stolen orders but I have not had a lost after delivery. 

Lost after delivery is nonsensical. Pretty soon they will have lost after built. 

“Yes”, but they make it up in fees and their own theft of inventory 

• Like 1

Here is just a complain....

I got a return of 42063 BMW bike from FBA return. A label is clearly cut off from the box, I can bear with that. And it is partially assembled... the skeleton of the bike is build and there are still a couple of unopend bags. The problem is I can't sell it as a used set since I don't know if there is any missing parts. I need to open all the plastic bags and count all the pieces to know if it has everything. My whole point is Yes, you can return it if you don't the item. But why open it and built half way then return it? It just made me feeling really sad.

Does anyone has such experience? I'm thinking about file a claim to Amazon and wonder if there is a chance to get reimbursed, at least partially...

IMG_0582.jpg

1 minute ago, freakchem said:

I got a return of 42063 BMW bike from FBA return. A label is clearly cut off from the box, I can bear with that. And it is partially assembled... the skeleton of the bike is build and there are still a couple of unopend bags. The problem is I can't sell it as a used set since I don't know if there is any missing parts. I need to open all the plastic bags and count all the pieces to know if it has everything. My whole point is Yes, you can return it if you don't the item. But why open it and built half way then return it? It just made me feeling really sad.

Does anyone has such experience? I'm thinking about file a claim to Amazon and wonder if there is a chance to get reimbursed, at least partially...

IMG_0582.jpg

You have nothing to lose by opening a case. I’m at a point where I just throw them in the bin with the other extra Lego as I don’t the time to inventory this mess any more as I get older and older. Like others said , it is a volume game at this point . Gotta sell more to cover the price of doing business and price higher if you can . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

You have nothing to lose by opening a case. I’m at a point where I just throw them in the bin with the other extra Lego as I don’t the time to inventory this mess any more as I get older and older. Like others said , it is a volume game at this point . Gotta sell more to cover the price of doing business and price higher if you can . 

Lol. That reminds me I still have a half built Palace Cinema from an FBA return 2 years ago still sitting in a box somewhere

had a mountain cave that was completely built and then returned because they thought it would be bigger...and to top it off,it came from a buyer that smokes.

I had a Voltron also returned half built with remaining bags still sealed.

Both still sitting somewhere to have cleaned before building it with my kids.

6 hours ago, freakchem said:

IMG_0582.jpg

Of course, just give it to your own kids or friends with kids.

14 hours ago, freakchem said:

IMG_0582.jpg

Haven't done it in a while, but I used to take it apart and build through the directions up to where they stopped.  Usually there are places online to account for how many bags.  Then list on Ebay as "complete but not guaranteed".  Explain your attempt to verify, show detailed pictures.  With a proper explanation and pics it will sell reasonably well.  You could just as easily "just" take pics and list -- no need to try verifying.

• Like 1

If half built returned sets are a big issue for you guys and you just don't have time to verify or anything then I would be willing to buy them from you. I would even be willing to pay shipping to me. I wouldn't go above 50% of lowest price Ebay used complete though and I would need photo proof that minifigs and instructions are still there.

Just throwing it out there. Pm if interested.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

On 11/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, freakchem said:

IMG_0582.jpg

Harder with FBA vs FBM.
Had a buyer try to scam me on a Treehouse earlier in the year. (FBM) They returned the set with some random lego (maybe 20 pieces) and some River rocks.

For that transaction here is what I did.

1. Notify the buyer via message in Seller Central that they will not get a refund b/c of what they returned. (keep it polite and professional.)
2. Process a restocking fee and include images of what was returned. (in this case the restocking fee was 100%)
3. Create a Case and add images of returned items. (In my case rocks etc.)
4. Wait while the Amazon rep files a fraudulent buyer report.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ISO8T0 said:

Harder with FBA vs FBM.
Had a buyer try to scam me on a Treehouse earlier in the year. (FBM) They returned the set with some random lego (maybe 20 pieces) and some River rocks.

1. Notify the buyer via message in Seller Central that they will not get a refund b/c of what they returned. (keep it polite and professional.)
2. Process a restocking fee and include images of what was returned. (in this case the restocking fee was 100%)

I’m sorry that happened to you. All of our worst nightmares. Be careful with the route above as per Amazon’s policy we can only process a 50% restocking fee. If buyer files an AZ you might lose everything depending on the agent. I have read a lot of Amazon forums and it seems hit or miss. 

good luck 

I’m sorry that happened to you. All of our worst nightmares. Be careful with the route above as per Amazon’s policy we can only process a 50% restocking fee. If buyer files an AZ you might lose everything depending on the agent. I have read a lot of Amazon forums and it seems hit or miss. 

good luck 
Obviously there are many variables and avenues that are set in place to protect the buyer. In this case I followed the Amazon CS agent's recommendations as I hadn't dealt with this blatant of a scam before.

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

good luck 

Agree - be very careful with restocking fees, if above 50% the customer will receive a full refund if they open a case with customer service. 

1 minute ago, ISO8T0 said:

Obviously there are many variables and avenues that are set in place to protect the buyer. In this case I followed the Amazon CS agent's recommendations as I hadn't dealt with this blatant of a scam before.

I wouldn’t put much faith in what any CS says. I’m glad it worked out for you but like Helmet said you could have easily lost all your money, something to consider for next time if it comes to that ( hopefully there isn’t a next time ) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmpirate said:

Anyone know how to cancel an FBA order?  I priced an item incorrectly and someone bought up the entire inventory.  The order is "pending" and I still have the items in my possession.

In your possession ? If they are at an amazon fc you need to contact cs asap and they should be able to cancel it depending on where the order workflow is 

Yes, still in my possession.  I'm on support right now.  First girl says I need to download a "batch order cancellation spreadsheet" and I'm being transferred . . .

I'm on third transfer now.  This is a painful process.

What do you mean by adding a price to minimum field?  When I send items in I normally just set prices higher than current.  I just entered it wrong.

Edited by gmpirate

Harder with FBA vs FBM.

That’s earlier in the year. Now all fbm returns are auto authorized and are refunded on first scan. You must deal with the return in 2 business days to even get a chance at a restocking fee. Otherwise it’s safe t claim and that’s a toss up. Bottom line is you won’t get all your money back. Not even close. I have had 58 Halloween related returns the past 2 months. Have gotten everything imaginable back(used, wrong item, brand new, etc) and not once did I receive a full refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes hopefully.

If you continue to sell on amazon there will be a next time unfortunately. Worst q4 I’ve ever seen so far with fraudulent returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, airhanny said:

Hi, this is first time I’m trying to sell on Amazon and this might have asked before. It requires approval. What kind of approval I have to provide? Are receipts from Target or LEGO stores will suffice?

Thanks

Hi,

Unfortunately, amazon requires invoices from an authorized wholesaler. Receipts wont do.   

• Like 1