Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

12 hours ago, Achilles said:

If someone can indulge/educate me, I stumbled across a Amazon seller tonight who has been active less than a year, has <100 feedbacks, but has... 10,000+ products in their Catalog.

Is this just a standard drop shipper? How does one track and find supply chains for 10k+ products, especially ones no longer in production? Are they willing to take losses and buy stuff from Ebay regardless of price?

I've never really read up on this sort of business model, but it certainly struck me.

What's the Amazon seller's store name?

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Laughed a bit at this. Was going to give a snarky answer but will leave it alone.

As a seller of Lego Ideas Home Alone Exclusive..., can you help this customer?

Lego Ideas Home Alone Exclusive...

"The price is ridiculous. Why are you allowing this price gouging on Amazon? "

I always wonder who these questioners think they are addressing. Who do they think "you" is?

Laughed a bit at this. Was going to give a snarky answer but will leave it alone.

51q1CUYIZ4L.jpg

It’s not even funny though as amazon is fixing prices anyways with their bs high pricing violations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Lego Ideas Home Alone Exclusive...

I also love the implication that Amazon is just allowing "price gouging" and doesn't get any part of it...while Amazon gets a 15% commission of the "price gouged" sale and other fees.

Haven’t found a set I can’t sell this year. Lego has become my 3rd best selling brand as I’ve branched out to many other products in categories like beauty, grocery, and clothing.

Ok… I’m gonna step up and be that guy.
What’re Brands #1 and #2?

You can PM me if you want. I think I’d prefer it

This is untrue right now unfortunately. If you have a receipt from Lego.com for 10 items (hello polybags) you can get through. The gate is as wide open as it has been since the gate was first dropped, hence the flood of new sellers on listings. 

7 minutes ago, donbee said:

Ok… I’m gonna step up and be that guy.
What’re Brands #1 and #2?

You can PM me if you want. I think I’d prefer it emoji12.png

hahaha  I had the same thought when I read it, but figured it wouldn't be information that would be shared. But, I had the exact same thought as you did!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yyyybird said:

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Potter-Prisoner-Azkaban-Building/dp/B07Q2WRZ4T/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=75957&qid=1637122353&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-1

75957 listing with 4755 figure, I sold one yesterday and shipped today, will there be a potential problem? someone own the list can change the figure?

its been like this since they were on clearance earlier this year and i was confused by the photo as well when i went to add to my inventory.

i doubt you will have any issues since its been like this for hundreds of days.

12 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Just came out of my local Target.. Stocked to the gills with, every inch on the shelf totally full of legos

Normal this time of year.  May be the only stock they get which should move quickly once we get through Thanksgiving weekend.  And remember, most stores are shipping and pulling stock for online orders.

Don't give up on those "investigation completed" shipment shortages that they mess up on.  This is the 2nd time i've been able to change their mind and get reimbursed in the last month:

Greetings from Fulfillment by Amazon,

We received your request to investigate items missing from Shipment --------- . We have been managing an increased number of requests, which has caused this unexpected delay in responding to your inquiry. Due to this delay, we have issued a reimbursement to your account for ------------- . Please note that this is a one-time reimbursement, and future requests will continue to be routed through the standard process. This reimbursement is not a confirmation that Amazon lost the inventory missing from your shipment.

If we are able to locate the missing item(s) within 48 hours of sending this e-mail, the items will be returned to your inventory in lieu of reimbursement. If we are unable to find the item(s), a credit will be posted to your account in the next five (5) business days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Don't give up on those "investigation completed" shipment shortages that they mess up on.  This is the 2nd time i've been able to change their mind and get reimbursed in the last month:
Greetings from Fulfillment by Amazon,

We received your request to investigate items missing from Shipment --------- . We have been managing an increased number of requests, which has caused this unexpected delay in responding to your inquiry. Due to this delay, we have issued a reimbursement to your account for ------------- . Please note that this is a one-time reimbursement, and future requests will continue to be routed through the standard process. This reimbursement is not a confirmation that Amazon lost the inventory missing from your shipment.

If we are able to locate the missing item(s) within 48 hours of sending this e-mail, the items will be returned to your inventory in lieu of reimbursement. If we are unable to find the item(s), a credit will be posted to your account in the next five (5) business days.

I’ve also started to charge for shipping on standard shipping for FBM ( I think many already do here) since you can deduct shipping cost from returns.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, yyyybird said:

anyone got 75956, oversold mine, pm me if you can help

Hey, i Contacted you about this, but my account got banned for some reason right after me second message.. jaybinx73... can u message me again on this one I just made.  All I did was update me email address and I got banned?  No access now

Any mods on that can check why I was banned?

Edited by JonathanTB

noticing that amazon has the bold green Arrives before Christmas now under each seller (or not) for each listing. 

If you are selling FBM and not sure why ur not having many sales, might want to see if you show up under your listings as having your item arrive in time for christmas or not. 

if not, you should spend some time tweaking your shipping settings.  beginning by making sure you have set the default handling time from 5 days to 1 day.  5 day handling time lol.   

• Like 3