Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 minute ago, Mark Twain said:

I’d say it’s likely listing related. He disclosed that he was QFLLing new sets, like Home Alone and ATT. Here are the two reviews under the Home Alone set, note the # of people that marked them as helpful reviews.

Lego Ideas Home Alone Exclusive Building Set 21330 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L82XBMB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_EHXZJ9TXP9ACC6XM6AZJ

78375cfa2b92c4dd21486b0d4be0af7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right but there are 30 on the listing. when you consider the rest of the new releases, easily there are over 100 flippers of new sets. If they all got letters i think wed have have heard more. The explanation given by someone above that an aggrieved customer took the pains to contact lego could make sense I guess but I think we all feel like there must be something more.

I’d say it’s likely listing related. He disclosed that he was QFLLing new sets, like Home Alone and ATT. Here are the two reviews under the Home Alone set, note the # of people that marked them as helpful reviews.

Lego Ideas Home Alone Exclusive Building Set 21330 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L82XBMB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_EHXZJ9TXP9ACC6XM6AZJ

Could be the one dumb seller that actually responded to the question on the listing as to why the price was so high. Just dumb to try and justify their price increase to a complaining consumer.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Without any legal expertise I cannot ascertain whether a high price may be associated with quality control, or rather the lack thereof. I can see a link in that Lego would not inflate prices (or not as much) had the set(s) been in stock. But then again it has become a practice recently from approved sellers to inflate prices when a set is hard to find. My initial message was more about quality like an opened box, suspicious seals, or missing pieces, these kind of complaints.

59 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

Without any legal expertise I cannot ascertain whether a high price may be associated with quality control, or rather the lack thereof. I can see a link in that Lego would not inflate prices (or not as much) had the set(s) been in stock. But then again it has become a practice recently from approved sellers to inflate prices when a set is hard to find. My initial message was more about quality like an opened box, suspicious seals, or missing pieces, these kind of complaints.

This listing (The Home Alone one) is also not an "official" LEGO Listing. It doesn't have all the "From the Brand" or "From the Manufacturer" info and pictures and such.

It might be they are going after the LISTING itself, since it wasn't created by them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:

Could be the one dumb seller that actually responded to the question on the listing as to why the price was so high. Just dumb to try and justify their price increase to a complaining consumer.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

There are also similar comments on the Santa Sleigh listing including one reseller that responded back to the question why it was so expensive. Not a good idea. No one care how much it costs you to sell an item. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

What was the seller’s reply 

votes
Answer:
its not Amazon, it's resellers, and I agree, I usually only resell discontinued legos that's hard to get your hands on.. but do keep in mind, shipping with insurance and sig is fifteen dollars, amazon has charges which drive the cost up for reselling.. there's always the chance this will be on sell around thanksgiving … see more
By RareBricks SELLER  on November 11, 2021
    votes
Answer:
yes you are right.. but at $42 cost, $15 shipping, $2 Box, $3 gas and $17 for the Big Man, and $15 profit.. and low and behold you are at $95.. sorry for the price, I struggle with listing this lego right now, better to list in 2023
By RareBricks SELLER  on November 20, 2021
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jbacunn said:
  •  
    votes
  •  
Answer:
its not Amazon, it's resellers, and I agree, I usually only resell discontinued legos that's hard to get your hands on.. but do keep in mind, shipping with insurance and sig is fifteen dollars, amazon has charges which drive the cost up for reselling.. there's always the chance this will be on sell around thanksgiving … see more
By RareBricks SELLER  on November 11, 2021
  •  
    votes
  •  
Answer:
yes you are right.. but at $42 cost, $15 shipping, $2 Box, $3 gas and $17 for the Big Man, and $15 profit.. and low and behold you are at $95.. sorry for the price, I struggle with listing this lego right now, better to list in 2023
By RareBricks SELLER  on November 20, 2021

Thats just dumb. Keep it zipped and move on I say 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

The experts on Youtube should make videos about this otherwise their students / minions / junior experts are going to respond to every single question

I don't even respond to the legit questions about size of the set and piece count, etc. I want to stay as far below the radar as humanly possible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, landphieran said:

How do people handle restocking fee's for FBM orders?

I've recently had a string of returns for items "not being delivered on time". All of them delivered within 2 days from ordering (significantly faster) than required. I'm out essentially all shipping charges including return.

Probably because buyer didn’t want to pay return shipping . Are they auto refunded ? If so you can open a safe-t claim . You can also deduct a fee but you are risking AZ claims and negative feedbacks . I usually just move on especially if the item come back sellable. Had an idiot say they didn’t authorize the order but in the comment said they are only returning it because they used the wrong card , sets came back pristine so we move on to the next one . 
as I’m getting  older I’m trying not to have these ( relatively ) small things bother me and focus my energy on making the loss back and then some by finding products to sell 

• Like 4

Under Shipping Settings I only have "UPS Ground" selected as an option.  However, I just got my second Fedex order today and had one USPS last week.  How is this possible?  Today's Fedex order was for 2Day Air for $55.  I could actually driver the package to the address myself and Ground would of had it there next day anyway.  When I try to buy from myself I am only shown the shipping options I have selected so I don't get it.

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 3.01.48 PM.png

24 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Under Shipping Settings I only have "UPS Ground" selected as an option.  However, I just got my second Fedex order today and had one USPS last week.  How is this possible?  Today's Fedex order was for 2Day Air for $55.  I could actually driver the package to the address myself and Ground would of had it there next day anyway.  When I try to buy from myself I am only shown the shipping options I have selected so I don't get it.

Do you have your FedEx account tied to your Amazon account ? I’ve never had FedEx as an option 

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Do you have your FedEx account tied to your Amazon account ? I’ve never had FedEx as an option 

Idk.  How would I check that?

I haven’t done FBM in a long time.  Last time I did it was different.  I would go to shipping and I was just given UPS & Fedex as options.  I always went through Amazon.

I’m also getting 3 Day Select orders as well.  I’m at a loss and Google hasn’t been much help.

41 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

shipping has been very glitchy this week.  several times i am not seeing ups as an option, wait an hour and then see if it comes back.  i have also had the freakout of seeing fedex as my only option .  usually resolves within a few hours.  i do not offer 2 day or one day delivery.  i offer standard and expedited.  with 2 day and one day delivery you are getting into guarantee 2 day air nightmare -  i'd kill that part of your shipping plan.  depending on the address, fedex may be on the only option that could make your shipment promise.

Edited by cladner

17 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Idk.  How would I check that?

I haven’t done FBM in a long time.  Last time I did it was different.  I would go to shipping and I was just given UPS & Fedex as options.  I always went through Amazon.

I’m also getting 3 Day Select orders as well.  I’m at a loss and Google hasn’t been much help.

Setting > account info > buy shipping preferences .

also @cladnermight be spot on, however even when I used to do SFP I never had FedEx but I’ll admit I’m not an expert on this issue . 

A77EF36C-02EF-4386-A8E8-9CC3F67DDAFE.jpeg

when i get an order, i immediately print out the label.  everything i'm selling atm (over 100 sku) is already packed and ready to go.  all the weight box size is already entered.  so periodically when i go to print out the label i'm like wtf - only fedex as an option.  F5 it sometimes works to make it better otherwise wait a bit.  fedex is always listed as an option for me but i never use it bcuz price sux.  i do not have a fed ex account or anything special.  

im doing regular pro plan fbm - no sfp.

sales have really jumped now last 2 days.  love it when 2 days in december is what i'll make the month of feburary.  sellers starting to drop out.  shoppers starting to panic.  prices starting to rise.

Edited by cladner

15 minutes ago, cladner said:

shipping has been very glitchy this week.  several times i am not seeing ups as an option, wait an hour and then see if it comes back.  i have also had the freakout of seeing fedex as my only option .  usually resolves within a few hours.  i do not offer 2 day or one day delivery.  i offer standard and expedited.  with 2 day and one day delivery you are getting into guarantee 2 day air nightmare -  i'd kill that part of your shipping plan.  depending on the address, fedex may be on the only option that could make your shipment promise.

Ok, so you are experiencing the same thing when you go to ship?  You are getting different pre-selected options and you just wait and come back later and the correct options are there?

I removed one & two day.  I went with it originally as it is my understanding that Amazon would figure if "Ground" fits within the timeline and to me it just means ship right away.  But if you are saying to not offer it because it becomes a big problem with customer expectations/scams/etc that makes sense.  Do you just avoid it this time of year or in general?  Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 4.03.34 PM.png

16 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Setting > account info > buy shipping preferences .

also @cladnermight be spot on, however even when I used to do SFP I never had FedEx but I’ll admit I’m not an expert on this issue . 

A77EF36C-02EF-4386-A8E8-9CC3F67DDAFE.jpeg

Well, I did as you said and there is a way to set shipping preferences "in order" but there's no account tie in.  In any case, I removed Fedex & USPS from the order of things but I don't think this makes a difference since I don't have the options selected in settings.  Sounds like its just a glitch like @cladner said.

yes - been glitchy - F5 or wait half an hour.  i would stick with standard/expedited.  1 day/2 day guarantee - just not worth the headache for promising that kind of delivery and no real price premium for the extra shipping cost.

here is a snap of my main shipping template.  MA is my home state.  i shipped 48x things today - 46 went UPS ground.  2 USPS priority.  2 orders are going west of mississip - guess which ones ->USPS.  vast majority is UPS ground to nearby state less than $9 shipping.

i would not leave it up to amazon to manage your transit time - lol.

image.thumb.png.60c675f60191276d4afcfa10cffa0dcc.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cladner said:

when i get an order, i immediately print out the label.  everything i'm selling atm (over 100 sku) is already packed and ready to go.  all the weight box size is already entered.  so periodically when i go to print out the label i'm like wtf - only fedex as an option.  F5 it sometimes works to make it better otherwise wait a bit.  fedex is always listed as an option for me but i never use it bcuz price sux.  i do not have a fed ex account or anything special.  

im doing regular pro plan fbm - no sfp.

sales have really jumped now last 2 days.  love it when 2 days in december is what i'll make the month of feburary.  sellers starting to drop out.

I mainly use FBM for opportunistic sales when its too late for FBA.  Seems to me FBM is more a control thing for people.  I get the screwups by Amazon with FBA and scams, but it seems time saved makes up for all that with FBA.  Don't know if I'm right but its my impression anyway.

Holy Crap!  Speaking of opportunistic sales, T2 is going for almost $300 right now.  Also never realized the RRP is $180.

• Haha 1