Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

For the lazy amongst us (me) amazon labels are now .55 each! :( will have to start printing them now, thats a nice chunk of change.

For the first time, i'm starting to question FBA and considering a switch to MF.  The FBA profit on a standard sized item under 1 lb. just had a significant drop for me.  About an average of $1 to $2 more in fees on most Marvel, Star Wars, etc. action figures.  This comes after the wholesale cost also went up by $1 or $2 each last year.  They are now charging dimensional weight on a lot of large standard items and that is more painful than the standard yearly % fee increase. Still plenty of profit cushion to absorb this on long term holds, but sucks for any quick flips.

21 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

For the lazy amongst us (me) amazon labels are now .55 each! :( will have to start printing them now, thats a nice chunk of change.

Jeez...I was expecting an increase, but not one that big.  Oh well, cost of doing business with Amazon, but that fee is getting close to the point where it will definitely make sense to hire someone to do the stickering if you're operating at any level of scale.

Just now, redcell said:

Jeez...I was expecting an increase, but not one that big.  Oh well, cost of doing business with Amazon, but that fee is getting close to the point where it will definitely make sense to hire someone to do the stickering if you're operating at any level of scale.

Yes. It makes no sense to pay them now. Its actually costs maybe $50 to print thousands of labels. and its not too bad to sticker as they come in. Not a big deal from the get go. But For someone like me that already packed up 1000's of units in boxes that I anticipated being just quick send to amazon but now i need to unbox and sticker, its a super massive pain. 

7 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Yes. It makes no sense to pay them now. Its actually costs maybe $50 to print thousands of labels. and its not too bad to sticker as they come in. Not a big deal from the get go. But For someone like me that already packed up 1000's of units in boxes that I anticipated being just quick send to amazon but now i need to unbox and sticker, its a super massive pain. 

No way I would go through that effort.  Let Timmy's grandma pay for it and just raise your prices by .30 cents/unit.   

• Like 1

Maybe you guys remember from November I listed some Jurassic World sets incorrectly and a buyer immediately bought them all up before they were even received at Amazon's warehouse to sell.  It ended up being a $1500 error on my part.  I contacted support to cancel the order (we've all seen it done) and was told they no longer do that.

Well, fast forward to today and I made a purchase at a great price today and promptly received this from amazon.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 7.14.32 PM.png

• Sad 7

FBA is a black hole where my inventory is swallowed up never to be seen again. I have sets shipped in November that are still showing up as INBOUND, which they tell me to wait until February to investigate. Also about 100 sets stuck in FC TRANSFER hell for the past 2-3 months. 

Very stressful. I just had to vent.

5 minutes ago, pete411 said:

FBA is a black hole where my inventory is swallowed up never to be seen again. I have sets shipped in November that are still showing up as INBOUND, which they tell me to wait until February to investigate. Also about 100 sets stuck in FC TRANSFER hell for the past 2-3 months. 

That stinks, switching to FBM has definitely alleviated some stress for me.

57 minutes ago, pete411 said:

I hear you.  I've got a box "inbound" since November.  Amazon says wait until February to open a case.  Why?  Can't get an answer.  To me, looks like my package is lost in UPS's hands.  

To top it off, amazon pre-sold some of these items, 1 is still showing as "pending".  Others were cancelled by the buyer.  Sucks all around.

Edited by Emvisawthatswho

Amazon refuses to accept many trailers during peak, I can’t count how many times I was turned away. Then there’s a crap ton of trailers in the yard at ups that Amazon slowly starts a accepting but end up sitting at Amazon yards until they get to it. It’s a really bad idea to send FBA towards the end of the year.

1 hour ago, pete411 said:

Wait till shipment status is updated to received but the items are conveniently not checked in to your store.  The real fun begins when you try to convince a few dummies at FBA supports that the items were bought by you so they can open an investigation ticket.

So I woke up this morning to see that someone complained that they received a wrong item for Hungarian Horntail. (pretty sure I sent in the right items but in the meantime I created a removal order to be sure).

On my Account Health Screen I see 2 options. I can either appeal violation and show proof or remove it by accepting and acknowleding the violation. Not really interested in acknowledging but not sure that walmart receipts are smart to show as proof.  Is there a statue of limitations to these things, will it disappear over time

image.thumb.png.4a7a886ea177d34b1d2d598f6cceb530.png

or i can appeal

image.png.896c8b81fc620e5e7b6d2e8df5115c79.png

Edited by Bricklectic

Just acknowledge and move on.  Unless you can marshal evidence to show that the member did, in fact, receive the correct item, pursuing an appeal isn't worth it.  Ultimately, that is what they are asking in that situation...not that the item you sent in was correct, but that the item the member received was correct.  

If this was an item that you sent to Amazon for stickering and you got other similar complaints from customers, it's probably a situation where Amazon incorrectly stickered it during receiving.  They screwed up a ton of my items like that last year.

• Like 2

How do I go about fixing listings? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VT7QZQ4 is totally messed up - someone updated the title and the description to reflect 40271. I'm not going to send in inventory until it is fixed ....

If it’s in your inventory fbm you can try and edit it but rarely gets approved if you aren’t the creator of the listing. Another try is to open a case and prove to them what is wrong with the listing and then the correct Info. This has happened way too
much on listings across the board on amazon last 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have anyone noticed a long wait for reimbursement on missing inbound since last November? I have cases knocking on 2 months now. But again what’s 40k in lost inventory between friends 🙄

also significant increase in Amazon not automatically reimbursing on fba returns past the 60 days deadline which again goes into a long waiting queue . 

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Have anyone noticed a long wait for reimbursement on missing inbound since last November? I have cases knocking on 2 months now. But again what’s 40k in lost inventory between friends 🙄

also significant increase in Amazon not automatically reimbursing on fba returns past the 60 days deadline which again goes into a long waiting queue . 

Amazon is strapped for cash and had to tighten its belt.  It is a small struggling company, literally your average moms & pops. :drag:

At least they are looking for your lost your shipment.  I could not even get them to open a damn search for missing inventory that arrived at their FC in September.  They kept giving me excuses to avoid opening the search, saying items were not in invoices I sent them.   I even highlighted every line in the invoices and crossed match those with the ASINs.  And they just closed my ticket without any further explanation.

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

How long do you think it is until we have to start putting Apple Air tags in our shipments and offering to drive to the fulfillment center to locate the missing shipments for them? 

Edited by Mark Twain

47 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Amazon is strapped for cash and had to tighten its belt.  It is a small struggling company, literally your average moms & pops. :drag:

At least they are looking for your lost your shipment.  I could not even get them to open a damn search for missing inventory that arrived at their FC in September.  They kept giving me excuses to avoid opening the search, saying items were not in invoices I sent them.   I even highlighted every line in the invoices and crossed match those with the ASINs.  And they just closed my ticket without any further explanation.

You really can't have Amazon label your FBA products for you anymore either.  If they misplace products during receiving and they aren't labeled with your FNSKU yet, they don't seem to ever find them.  Not to mention the crazy .55 labeling fee now.  Maybe I need to take a look at my refund reimbursements and double check again.  I stopped checking those a few years ago because I could rarely find any that they missed.

I was a small fish and never got a 1099 from Amazon before. I sold more on 2021 and expects to receive my first 1099 from amazon as sole proprietorship and my profit is around 10K with my rough estimation. I'm just not sure how to file the tax, is it better through a CPA or just use Turbotax business edition? I searched some posts on reddit and people have different opinions. I don't want to make a couple appointments with CPA and sit down to go through everything. I prefer to doing my tax through Turbotax, but I don't know if a CPA could provide me more deductions? Thanks for everyone's opinion here. 

Turbotax also has Audit protection, I guess we can exlucde this from choosing CPA rather then Turbotax.

Edited by freakchem

2 minutes ago, freakchem said:

I was a small fish and never got a 1099 from Amazon before. I sold more on 2021 and expects to receive my first 1099 from amazon as sole proprietorship and my profit is around 10K with my rough estimation. I'm just not sure how to file the tax, is it better through a CPA or just use Turbotax business edition? I searched some posts on reddit and people have different opinions. I don't want to make a couple appointments with CPA and sit down to go through everything. I prefer to doing my tax through Turbotax, but I don't know if a CPA could provide me more deductions? Thanks for everyone's opinion here. 

Turbotax also has Audit protection, I guess we can exlucde this from choosing CPA rather then Turbotax.

That depends on your comfort zone - I love doing my own, but I was once an accountant (in a pre-LEGO life).

Most programs seem to do a pretty good job at walking you through things, and you can always go back & change/add things, if you need to.

• Like 1