Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

i recently upgraded to pro about a month ago. either its that or theyre algos picked up on my late rate. gunna set up a fire sale now :( .

couldnt agree more, i was lazy but this has happened to me before, i should have known better, USPS sux at scanning.

i have no idea why it won't let you tweak settings but cie la vie.   i would also make sure if you are checking the tracking to look it up directly on USPS website, not through the amazon link.  there have been many times when amazon lags information showing up on the usps website tracker.  based on what you have said i think you are at low risk for having anything happen to your account as long as the item eventually shows up.  i wouldn't sweat it and go have a few beers and toast yourself for how much money you made this year.

Edited by cladner

Noticing weird restocks on retired sets sold by Amazon at RRP with expected ship dates one to two weeks out. This has happened before on a number of retired sets and each time I’ve ordered they were all canceled. I think it’s a glitch that’s cratering the buy box on certain listings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, yyyybird said:

just received a return from customer, reason is found lower price somewhere else.

my question is, can I refund him with Price paid- return postage - shipping postage? what will be the consequences if customer is not happy about it.

box is in good shape.

yes you can.  i do.  i haven't gotten negative feedback or whining about it either.

new weirdness with two sets i added to my inventory a long time ago - ideas fossils and speed champ 76899 lambo urus.

i am no longer able to edit my listing under the manage inventory page.  if i try to edit the listing i get taken to the gate page saying not approved for this listing not accepting applications,

however it is already listed as fbm so i went ahead and added 2 to my inventory quantity column and sure enough i can list it and i show up on the seller page.

if i then go and try and add the listing to my store  inventory from the amazon page SELL ON AMAZON button , it shows me as gated on the set even though its already in my inventory and i can list it.  so i'm only able to adjust price and quantity but not things like handling time or order quantity limit.  same thing for gingerbread house.  not a big deal but i had it under some whacky default shipping setting that i had to go and tweak for the gated sets only.

kind of like the gate partially came down on me.

Edited by cladner
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, cladner said:

new weirdness with two sets i added to my inventory a long time ago - ideas fossils and speed champ 76899 lambo urus.

i am no longer able to edit my listing under the manage inventory page.  if i try to edit the listing i get taken to the gate page saying not approved for this listing not accepting applications,

however it is already listed as fbm so i went ahead and added 2 to my inventory quantity column and sure enough i can list it and i show up on the seller page.

if i then go and try and add the listing to my store  inventory from the amazon page SELL ON AMAZON button , it shows me as gated on the set even though its already in my inventory and i can list it.  so i'm only able to adjust price and quantity but not things like handling time or order quantity limit.  same thing for gingerbread house.  not a big deal but i had it under some whacky default shipping setting that i had to go and tweak for the gated sets only.

yeah used to be ungated on both and now gastes have closed. i didnt bother adding to my catalog because ppl at time seemed to say that it wouldnt help if the gates closed later but this is a good data point to the contrary. i wonder if u had it as fba if that would work as well

4 hours ago, cladner said:

Usually when this happens your listings are not actually live. It just looks like they are from your end. Go on the front end and see if you see your listing active on those ASINs. 

9 hours ago, smittypop2 said:

Usually when this happens your listings are not actually live. It just looks like they are from your end. Go on the front end and see if you see your listing active on those ASINs. 

it is live.  i sold a couple of lambos last night.

I used to sell on Amazon, but never got a lot of sales, I'd go 6 months with no sales.  I stopped selling there when I had to pay a fee to list items.  With Amazons footprint being so big, it would be nice to sell but to pay a fee for the store and not sell anything is a little tough.  Does anyone know a way around the fee to sell?

Just now, tz6p06 said:

I used to sell on Amazon, but never got a lot of sales, I'd go 6 months with no sales.  I stopped selling there when I had to pay a fee to list items.  With Amazons footprint being so big, it would be nice to sell but to pay a fee for the store and not sell anything is a little tough.  Does anyone know a way around the fee to sell?

Downgrade to individual account 

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2022 at 5:39 PM, yyyybird said:

have you got the liability insurance? any updates? I just got a notice from amazon as well for the insurance

Nope, i'm just ignoring it for now. I don't sell enough to justify the insurance cost. I feel it's so stupid for a incy wincy small timer little Joe like me to buy liability insurance. If they ban me then so be it.

I also realized they sent me that email multiple times since 1/2 year ago and every time on the email it said you have 30 days, it's way pass 30 days and I can still sell on Amazon, so I'm ignoring it.

Edited by Lego_Monsters
  • Like 1

I had liability insurance anyways for a space I rent and my business.   When Amz said I needed insurance I was able to get everything covered for less than what I was paying before with one of their recommended providers.   $68 per month.   Not bad.   But if I only needed it for Amz I would maybe ignore it as well.

1 minute ago, yyyybird said:

anyone has the experience, for FBM I print UPS label from amazon. but there is always some adjustment on the fee I paid later, most cases, UPS will charge 2-3 dollars more than initial charge, in one case, it is $18 dollars more. Why is it

Are you sure the dimensions and weight are accurate ? 

1 hour ago, Lego_Monsters said:

I'm already in the individual account and they're still emailing me about getting liability insurance.

That was for the monthly fee question 

if the insurance is more than you can spring for switch back to ebay and dont worry about it. From what I understand its based on your sales, if sales are low may not be much at all. I paid it reluctantly but at this point if I get kicked off for not following the rules I have to get a real job and tell two others oops my bad u have to get jobs too. How important is it to you to continue to sell on am is the only ?  here. Good luck.

So im getting a buncha bugatti returns this week most likely due to amazon having in stock at 350. i love peoples creative reasons they give, as if they think it makes a difference..

image.thumb.png.4e3ea491ee29c25871ee1fd1d1242a3a.png

so anyways my question is, with the new system of auto generated return labels, will the refund be done automatically once it scans? my notification says i should take action

image.png.002c592d0c77902aa3f57a9296cc4d31.png

But i think its fine to just wait? If it is auto refunded, how can i withhold shipping fees from the refund? or is that automatic

Wonder what your experience is as to the following situation. It happened to me infrequently but finally it happened.

A buyer would like to return an item because he or she bought by mistake. As Amazon now auto-authorizes the return request, the buyer got the prepaid shipping label via Amazon. The item was shipped via UPS. I noticed that UPS recently was not doing a good job in delivering packages to my gated community. UPS would "lie" like "attempted delivery" in their tracking info but actually they never made any attempt to even go through the gate by dialing the number to reach me via the intercom. This time, UPS states that the package was "delivered at the front door" but no package was found at my front door and anywhere in the front of the house. I also checked my neighbors's houses. There was no sign of the package at my adjacent neighbors' front doors either (thinking that very occasionally, carriers might deliver the package to the wrong address). I asked my next door neighbor who has surveillance camera recording which showed no sign of UPS truck passing by my house during the window of the stated delivery time since my house is at cul-de-sac and all the trucks normally would have to drive around the cul-de-sac to leave the cul-de-sac. I asked Amazon whose responsibility is to resolve this. Apparently, it is still seller's responsibility to contact UPS. The following is what Amazon responds,

"Amazon’s Buy Shipping enables sellers to access shipping solutions offered by a network of shipping carriers, including UPS. When a seller purchases Buy Shipping delivery and related services from UPS, the seller must file claims of loss or damage directly with UPS, regardless of whether UPS charges Buy Shipping service fees to a seller’s Amazon account or linked UPS shipper account. Amazon may not file claims on sellers’ behalf or reimburse sellers for any successful claims. Upon successful resolution of a claim, UPS will reimburse that seller directly, to the extent such payments are required by UPS terms and conditions."

I wonder how much UPS will reimburse the seller? the prepaid shipping label, $7.99? or UPS will pay for the cost of the item?

What is your experience about this situation?

7 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

How much was the item? Forget and move on I’d say. $10 this way or that way for shipping, not worth it. 

Check your lambo gate 

And all others

thanks - able to change my 5 day handling time down to 1 now on the lambo listing lol. 

was able to add mos eisley cantina and ucs ISD which i was gated on previously.  thank you lordoflego for your generous dispensation of highly useful information.

• Like 2