Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

These last several posts are scarier than any horror movie in existence. :scared:

4 hours ago, cladner said:

repercussions for a buyer?  lol.  the wronged seller can file a Safe-T claim and hope for the whatever.  that's about it.  i believe the d'bag among us would say something along the lines of "price of doing business on amazon".

Safe-T claims are only for FBM orders.  Every aspect of FBA is at the mercy of Amazon's "world-class customer service network".

(These emails are always worth a chuckle or 2)

image.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, river41 said:

i  have had a few cases where the customer said they received a fba order without a box just a bag with the pieces and instructions inside. I have no idea how that happened. Did the warehouse workers damage the box so they put it in a bag ?

I could be UPS as well.  I have shipped sets that have arrived with no box -- just the retail packaging.  The box may have been destroyed and UPS simply slapped a new label on the retail box.  No real way of knowing since it can happen with FBM as well.

1 hour ago, river41 said:

i  have had a few cases where the customer said they received a fba order without a box just a bag with the pieces and instructions inside. I have no idea how that happened. Did the warehouse workers damage the box so they put it in a bag ?

It could be that this is how the return came in. I've seen this at the Whole Foods Amazon return. And the one time it happened to me, it had the return barcode sticker on it. 

5 hours ago, redcell said:

At least you got something reasonably approximating what you sent in.  I've gotten hair dryers and all kinds of random crap.

What do you mean shipped to the buyer without a box?  Did you take the set out of the Lego box and just ship the bags and instruction manuals?

He/she meant amazon FBA shipping without a outer box. FBA just slapping the label on the lego box which is very professionally done.

53 minutes ago, vasp said:

He/she meant amazon FBA shipping without a outer box. FBA just slapping the label on the lego box which is very professionally done.

At least Amazon seems to have backed off on using UPS Stores to process customer returns...they were the worst last year.  I still have a stack of nice sets with a huge rectangle missing from the front or back where the return sticker was slapped on and ripped off.

14 minutes ago, redcell said:

At least Amazon seems to have backed off on using UPS Stores to process customer returns...they were the worst last year.  I still have a stack of nice sets with a huge rectangle missing from the front or back where the return sticker was slapped on and ripped off.

Is Kohl's any better for returns ?

10 minutes ago, Banjoman said:

Feel free to PM

I completely understand that some members would possibly prefer to keep some of this information private, but I would love to see a more public conversation. I'm really surprised that we as a community are not talking about this more since it represents a major threat to the reselling market...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, legorunner said:

I completely understand that some members would possibly prefer to keep some of this information private, but I would love to see a more public conversation. I'm really surprised that we as a community are not talking about this more since it represents a major threat to the reselling market...

i'm more concerned about seller counts over 200.  amazon isn't going to let anyone take away their gravy.  

Edited by cladner

On 2/3/2022 at 6:38 PM, Mark Twain said:

Looks like Amazon Prime will increase in price from $119 to $139 mid February. Might be able to save a few bucks by locking in the gift rate.

https://www.cnbc.com/select/amazon-prime-membership-price-increase-how-to-lock-lower-rate/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks...did this.

turning off auto-pay is a pita...best I could do is get an alert 3 days prior.

Did I get unlucky this Xmas season or did others have a higher than usual amount of "Customer Damaged" returns? I think I must have had 2 to 3 times the number this year than in years past. And who the hell rips open a box and THEN decides they don't want it? (yes, I know the answer - people who can do so without consequence because of Amazon's liberal return policy). But still, WHY?

25 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Did I get unlucky this Xmas season or did others have a higher than usual amount of "Customer Damaged" returns? I think I must have had 2 to 3 times the number this year than in years past. And who the hell rips open a box and THEN decides they don't want it? (yes, I know the answer - people who can do so without consequence because of Amazon's liberal return policy). But still, WHY?

Are these ones that you got back that were actually damaged or just the routine lazy Amazon employee claiming something was damaged even though it wasn't?  I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary this year other than Amazon workers on the front end ******* up stickering and causing me to have to recall a bunch of inventory to avoid more customer complaints.

26 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

is this FBA? any success with with SAFTe claim? I'm asking because I have two coming back to me shortly 

3 hours ago, Banjoman said:

A little off topic since all my sales were on Walmart but just received the letter from VORYS....  any recent news on how people are dealing with this?  Feel free to PM

The only people that I've heard of who have actually taken action in response to one of these letters have capitulated to the demand and stopped selling LEGO products on the marketplaces.  I haven't yet heard of anyone actually trying to fight them on this.  Most everyone else I've talked to is either ignoring or taking a "wait and see" approach.  I would say that this doesn't become a true threat until LEGO files the first lawsuit or uses these arguments to get people gated/shut down on the marketplaces.  Whether either of those ever happen...who knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

is this FBA? any success with with SAFTe claim? I'm asking because I have two coming back to me shortly 

FBA orders aren’t eligible for Safe-T claims, you need to open a case and unless you have a very compelling case or sympathetic rep you won’t see a cent 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, redcell said:

The only people that I've heard of who have actually taken action in response to one of these letters have capitulated to the demand and stopped selling LEGO products on the marketplaces.  I haven't yet heard of anyone actually trying to fight them on this.  Most everyone else I've talked to is either ignoring or taking a "wait and see" approach.  I would say that this doesn't become a true threat until LEGO files the first lawsuit or uses these arguments to get people gated/shut down on the marketplaces.  Whether either of those ever happen...who knows.

Why haven’t Lego banned said ppl from their website ? 

13 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

FBA orders aren’t eligible for Safe-T claims, you need to open a case and unless you have a very compelling case or sympathetic rep you won’t see a cent 

After waiting for at least 4 months for Amazon to remember to ship those returns back to you. :P

That is "Amazon's world-class customer service network" for you

• Like 1