Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Is getting this a big deal? I havent sold this item in 2 years or so but i see in the email i got

What happens if I do not send the requested information?

If you do not take steps to address the policy violations and incur additional violations, your Amazon selling account may be deactivated.

I received them too, but for Funko. The only way i was able to remove them was to change the listing title and that was pure pain. If you remove the brand name the violation will automatically be removed. I hope this helps. 

My understanding from Amazon forum was that couple violations will not deactivate your account. 

Edited by nick625
addition
  • Thanks 1

I sent in a complaint saying this was created to bypass seller restrictions.  Look at it today and it’s sold and shipped by Amazon.  #1 seller in Laptop Computer replacement parts.

LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Moment: Defence Class 76397 Building Kit; Collectible Classroom Playset for Ages 8+ (257 Pieces) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JKWFN2Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NVDK37PHGPXD3F85PEVH

• Haha 3

On 4/10/2022 at 5:34 AM, airhanny said:

If somehow items you send to FBA are damaged by carrie, for example soak into water, are the items covered by insurance by default?

Did they get checked in and instantly put as damaged? I would open a case with Amazon, 

Most of the time it is an invalid payment method 

That used to be the case, now I think it’s a combination of inventory delayed in FC transfer and getting the warehouse to timely fulfill orders. I’m waiting a week for some of the household items we order on our Prime family account to even be marked as shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Most of the time it is an invalid payment method 

22 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

That used to be the case, now I think it’s a combination of inventory delayed in FC transfer and getting the warehouse to timely fulfill orders. I’m waiting a week for some of the household items we order on our Prime family account to even be marked as shipped.

On FBM, pending orders usually clear up within 10 business days.  Worst case scenario, both payment problem and inventory delay push the pending time to over 2 weeks :P

18 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I've had FBM pending for over 30 days 

my naturally paranoid mind assumes these pending orders are being placed by competitors using non-workable payment options to tie up my inventory.  most people placing an order when there is a payment issue are going to get the problem solved so they can actually get the item they bought.  this seems to happen more frequently with lower seller count sets when i have only 1 item listed for sale so i could be right and i could be paranoid simultaneously.  after waiting a couple of days, i have been successful at getting the order cancelled on multiple occasions by sending cs message about the order number saying that i think a competitor is tying up my inventory and could they please cancel the order so I can sell the product to an amazon customer.   usually the order is cancelled within an hour.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, cladner said:

my naturally paranoid mind assumes these pending orders are being placed by competitors using non-workable payment options to tie up my inventory.  most people placing an order when there is a payment issue are going to get the problem solved so they can actually get the item they bought.  this seems to happen more frequently with lower seller count sets when i have only 1 item listed for sale so i could be right and i could be paranoid simultaneously.  after waiting a couple of days, i have been successful at getting the order cancelled on multiple occasions by sending cs message about the order number saying that i think a competitor is tying up my inventory and could they please cancel the order so I can sell the product to an amazon customer.   usually the order is cancelled within an hour.

Good to know. I've had a seller do that with a high end toy before. Only other seller and everytime I list it he buys it and ties it up for 2 weeks then the order cancels and I have to relist and he does it again. Really annoying. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pharmjod said:

Good to know. I've had a seller do that with a high end toy before. Only other seller and everytime I list it he buys it and ties it up for 2 weeks then the order cancels and I have to relist and he does it again. Really annoying. 

man,,,pretty cut-throat; but I totally believe it

flipside...sometimes buyer-remorse kicks in and customers use the delay to "be a sign" and maybe not in a hurry to resolve.

Interesting situation i've noticed lately.  There are 2 seller accounts that are flooding a bunch of listings ("i-Deals store" and "Deep_Discount_Entertainment").  They don't seem to be hitting the Lego listings yet, but lots of other toys. When you click their storefront info, they both have the same address in Florida.  If you google the address, it comes up as "Alliance Entertainment Corporation," which is a large distributor that used to focus on DVDs/CDs and other media.  I know when I worked retail, they used to supply us with the new release countertop DVDs.  I know they have started getting into toys and collectibles recently because I recall being solicited by one of their salespeople who used to be my rep with another distributor.  On some listings, they will just immediately tank prices to MSRP on new release items with seemingly no regard for Amazon fees.  On other items, they will price at normal, competitive secondary market prices.  On some listings, both of these seller accounts will be on the listing at totally different prices.  I just thought this was interesting and i'm not sure there is anything shady going on, but I thought you needed a good reason to have a 2nd seller account.  I didn't think you were supposed to be selling the same products on your second seller account.  Here is an example where both sellers are on the listing at the same time:

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-GNY53-Construx-Fighter-Jet/dp/B07YT7PN5T

• Like 1

Based on the number of feedback that each of those sellers has, it doesn't seem like this is something new. I'm not claiming to know if they just started getting into other categories, but they are certainly both well established Amazon accounts so I would guess that Amazon has no issue with what they're doing.

14 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Based on the number of feedback that each of those sellers has, it doesn't seem like this is something new. I'm not claiming to know if they just started getting into other categories, but they are certainly both well established Amazon accounts so I would guess that Amazon has no issue with what they're doing.

I tend to agree, but the whole thing is strange.  I wonder what their legitimate business reason for the 2nd selling account was.  Both accounts are registered under "DIRECTTOU", which is owned by Alliance Entertainment. I did find this when googling and researching them:

DirectToU LLC is the parent company of several wholesale and direct-to-consumer distributors of music, video and software[1] including (but not limited to):

Collector's Choice

DeepDiscount.com

CCVinyl[2]

PopMarket[3]

WOW HD (Formerly CD Wow!)

ImportCDs

DirectToU LLC is owned by Alliance Entertainment. Alliance Entertainment and its subsidiaries own 48%[4] of the global vinyl record distribution market.

On 4/3/2022 at 11:08 AM, Mark Twain said:

Odd glitch. I’m trying to add some Funko Walgreens exclusives through the app and am prompted to “request approval” each time I scan a barcode. I go through each one and am auto approved based on selling history, but still cannot list. Waited 24 hours and the cycle repeats. emoji2371.png

This reply might be a little late but I was having the same problem with in app approvals.  I had to go through my selling applications on the website and resubmit for the approval to reflect on my account.  I was then able to list after a couple minutes.  

• Like 1