Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
UPS to FBA shipment hasnt yet been delivered. It's been 2 months. 
Anyone with experience - Is this situation reimbursable? What's the best channel to investigate this

Is the shipment marked as received in amazon.com or just nothing ? Are the UPS tracking numbers giving you any useful information ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPS to FBA shipment hasnt yet been delivered. It's been 2 months. 
Anyone with experience - Is this situation reimbursable? What's the best channel to investigate this

Can you provide a screenshot of what it says under the FBA shipment and check if it matches the UPS info found on the tracking #?

If you open a case, you may need to find the physical receipt from UPS that records the weight of what you dropped off to prove that you actually shipped an item.

It’s unfortunate, but you’re likely in for a run around between Amazon and UPS.

17 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

Is the shipment marked as received in amazon.com or just nothing ? Are the UPS tracking numbers giving you any useful information ?

13 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Can you provide a screenshot of what it says under the FBA shipment and check if it matches the UPS info found on the tracking #?

If you open a case, you may need to find the physical receipt from UPS that records the weight of what you dropped off to prove that you actually shipped an item.

It’s unfortunate, but you’re likely in for a run around between Amazon and UPS.

It was 1/2 boxes. one got there fine. other says still out for delivery - ups website matches amazon. I opened a case for now. 

image.png.874b81ef371845a94f514f57e04a4f0b.png

Amazon Sponsored Discounts have been significantly reduced, at least for me.  I noticed the algorithm locked my discounts to 10 cents below lowest USPS rates or even smaller.  In a lot more cases, USPS rates were lower than discounted UPS rates.  Discounts used to be varying amounts between 15 and 35 cents below USPS lowest rates.   

All good things.... :( 

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Amazon Sponsored Discounts have been significantly reduced, at least for me.  I noticed the algorithm locked my discounts to 10 cents below lowest USPS rates or even smaller.  In a lot more cases, USPS rates were lower than discounted UPS rates.  Discounts used to be varying amounts between 15 and 35 cents below USPS lowest rates.   

All good things.... :( 

Anything that would go first class gets ups ground 10 cents cheaper than first class price.  For larger items I still am getting a better discount provided they are within 800 miles-ish.  Sales are up off the doldrums but still down compared to last 5 years.  Part of that is because I can’t keep up with all the overstocked undercutting FBA sellers who pricematch anything that has a pulse. 

7 hours ago, cladner said:

Anything that would go first class gets ups ground 10 cents cheaper than first class price.  For larger items I still am getting a better discount provided they are within 800 miles-ish.  Sales are up off the doldrums but still down compared to last 5 years.  Part of that is because I can’t keep up with all the overstocked undercutting FBA sellers who pricematch anything that has a pulse. 

Has it always been 10 cents discount on FC class ?  The discount used to be bigger  when the program started.  

It looks like FBA is rather slow when fulfilling orders, almost as slow as during holiday rush.  3-5 days for Expedited orders to ship.

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

never a dull moment with amazon. looks like this is new

Baking competition is now gated of all of a sudden and my inventory is stranded. Not that it was selling anyways 😒

image.thumb.png.67c0df00a4bbae78e82236c90cda6852.png

I just went to list a dummy listing and I'm able to list mine. I didn't go through the full steps because I don't want to list them now, but it lets me go through the part that would normally stop me if I was gated in something.

3 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I just went to list a dummy listing and I'm able to list mine. I didn't go through the full steps because I don't want to list them now, but it lets me go through the part that would normally stop me if I was gated in something.

well it let me send in with no issues....just after arrival it was stranded.

I got faked out out by the temporary 2 day oos after prime day and rushed to send in my inventory lol. Was Feeling pretty dumb as it was since amazon swiftly restocked at msrp. but now insult to injury my stuff is stranded too :) 

message seems legit as now i checked add a product and sure enough

image.thumb.png.24e25dcdfa10f93a4d83b14df0b4225d.png

hopefully not more stuff have been regated.....

Edited by Bricklectic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

never a dull moment with amazon. looks like this is new

Baking competition is now gated of all of a sudden and my inventory is stranded. Not that it was selling anyways 😒

image.thumb.png.67c0df00a4bbae78e82236c90cda6852.png

Not Lego related, but I recently had a bunch of items stranded that suddenly became gated.  Turns out they gated "Avengers" items even though I have been selling and was ungated years ago for "Marvel".  And even though I won't have a problem getting ungated, it has to be one of the dumbest gated categories ever especially when I was already selling dozens of different products over 4th qtr that then became stranded.  Annoying for sure. 

And nobody I talked to can even explain to me why Marvel and Avengers are now different categories.  One of the items that became gated was one of the items from my invoice 4 years ago or so that got me ungated in Marvel to begin with.    

8 minutes ago, gonz312 said:

Not Lego related, but I recently had a bunch of items stranded that suddenly became gated.  Turns out they gated "Avengers" items even though I have been selling and was ungated years ago for "Marvel".  And even though I won't have a problem getting ungated, it has to be one of the dumbest gated categories ever especially when I was already selling dozens of different products over 4th qtr that then became stranded.  Annoying for sure. 

And nobody I talked to can even explain to me why Marvel and Avengers are now different categories.  One of the items that became gated was one of the items from my invoice 4 years ago or so that got me ungated in Marvel to begin with.    

I had the same thing happen but I think I was gated in Marvel and left ungated in Avengers. Doesn't make any sense.

9 minutes ago, gonz312 said:

That was extremely annoying since I was just trying to get rid of old items.  Were you able reinstate your listings with your old invoice?

I am not gated on any of those sets, but I did get an Avengers gate a month or so ago. I had a newer invoice for some random avengers toy and was able to knock it down. Just buy something else wholesale from where you might buy wholesale that has Avengers in the title and apply on that item. It should let unlock you on all "avengers" items. 

2 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

I am not gated on any of those sets, but I did get an Avengers gate a month or so ago. I had a newer invoice for some random avengers toy and was able to knock it down. Just buy something else wholesale from where you might buy wholesale that has Avengers in the title and apply on that item. It should let unlock you on all "avengers" items. 

Yeah I knew that would work but I was hoping for another way.  I am done with the wholesale reselling route and just want to sell whatever left without adding more to my stash :drag: 

Don’t know if this is related to the other issues going on.

I only sell lego on amazon usually but I had a few Lightning Collection Power Rangers (and TMNT power Ranger mashups) I wanted to add in my latest FBA shipment. (These are hasbro toys)

I applied to sell Power Rangers brand, instantly approved, sent them all, and a few sold already.

A couple days ago however I got an policy warning email and only TWO of my hasbro power rangers items were pulled. Basically the email accused me of infringing on IP that belonged to others.

Two days later, Amazon sends me another email saying they received my appeal (never sent an appeal because I’m at comic con and didn’t have time to deal with it). They said my two listings can be listed again.

Log into my Amazon account and I have a large warning saying my account is as risk for deactivation… but I cannot click any policies to review, because everything is ZERO. No violations at all.

So do I just wait for it to self correct? I assume I was flagged from the first email… but now it’s gone and my account health just hasn’t reset yet? Does it ever reset?

On 7/22/2022 at 3:44 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

That was extremely annoying since I was just trying to get rid of old items.  Were you able reinstate your listings with your old invoice?

No, invoices still need to be within the last 6 months.  I haven't ordered anything wholesale since pre-covid.  Eventually I will go that route to get ungated again, but it's not a priority for me right now.