Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

49 minutes ago, landphieran said:

A large non-lego seller listed a few retired sets cheaply on Amazon. I bought them. They then sent me multiple emails asking me if i'd like to cancel my order. Cute tactic to avoid bad metrics.

Hello,

Thank you for your order. I just have received information from our fulfillment dept. that due to increased sale of this item is sold out.

Its estimated arrival date is not known yet. I am really very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you decide to cancel this order, Upon receiving your request we will refund your full money back which you may spend for your new order.

Part of me wants to know at what point they would cancel those on their end when you just ignore their messages

Last year at about this time some of us started seeing Lego sets becoming gated or requiring an approval to sell without the possibility of applying for an approval. When January came around all those gated sets became available to sell again. I have not seen any report of holiday gatings happening yet. Since Amazon is known to change the rules of selling on their site year after year I am starting to think that it may not happen this holiday season. What are your thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year at about this time some of us started seeing Lego sets becoming gated or requiring an approval to sell without the possibility of applying for an approval. When January came around all those gated sets became available to sell again. I have not seen any report of holiday gatings happening yet. Since Amazon is known to change the rules of selling on their site year after year I am starting to think that it may not happen this holiday season. What are your thoughts ?

Oups, I am off by a month. It was October not September. You can still share your thoughts about holiday gatings. Are they coming or not ?

5 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Has anyone recently upgraded from individual to pro plan? What was that process like? How much time did it take? Thinking about bumping up to pro from Oct-Feb then downgrading after the holidays. 

did last year, instant approval for me. YMMV

5 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Has anyone recently upgraded from individual to pro plan? What was that process like? How much time did it take? Thinking about bumping up to pro from Oct-Feb then downgrading after the holidays. 

did last year, instant approval for me. YMMV

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brickology101 said:

Oups, I am off by a month. It was October not September. You can still share your thoughts about holiday gatings. Are they coming or not ?

Not seen anything about selling in toys category during holidays either. I think they dropped it last year?

True. No more holiday gating on performance. That's the reason prices didn't spike for a lot of legos as lots of just launched sellers got the buy box and hogged lego listings.

I guess eligibility criteria for buy box is non-existent now. This is across the board not just toys.

1 hour ago, vasp said:

True. No more holiday gating on performance. That's the reason prices didn't spike for a lot of legos as lots of just launched sellers got the buy box and hogged lego listings.

Is that confirmed? They may just be late this year? It is a surprising tactic to not gate toys after years of doing it.

14 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Is that confirmed? They may just be late this year? It is a surprising tactic to not gate toys after years of doing it.

There was no gating performance metric for the last holiday season. I see no reason for amazon to implement one this year as greedy as they've gotten.

5 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I have really not been watching the news. How are supply chains still messed up? Lego had significant inventory last year. This year should be easier?

Serious?  Everywhere you go things are shorted.  Maybe you've just been lucky in what you buy regularly?  🤪

Every week we are shorted on our deliveries.  We stock up and whatever we can to avoid it but it's impossible to predict and be safe from it.  Lego had shortages last year, as they do every year -- regardless of economic/supply issues.

16 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

How does this work when a package gets lost in FBA inbound or receiving? Doesn't Amazon want to see how much the item weighed as part of the proof you shipped something? 

UPS still weigh at their distribution/shipping centers, just not at stores anymore.   You should still see the weights when you go to tracking page on their website

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

How does this work when a package gets lost in FBA inbound or receiving? Doesn't Amazon want to see how much the item weighed as part of the proof you shipped something? 

your going to need to provide your receipts, Probably more then once,