Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, yyyybird said:

Maybe that way he needs to pay shipping?I was contacted to provide shipping label, I think previously Amazon will provide a label to buyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may have had to previously set it up on your side that the buyer does not get reimbursed for shipping (or maybe its that way by default - I forget).  But, either way they just go to "my orders" and go through the process.  You may just have to approve it once he does.  Amazon wants the process to be the same for the buyer -- FBA or FBM.

Don't usually pay much attention to refunds issued on FBA orders but this order caught my attention.

4 Beatles refunded by amazon (about 950$) for the reason below. (Buyer is from Peru)

image.png.7776d511e3b8b7a0e67e5f789734cb5d.png

IS there a way to track if the inventory ever makes its way back to me? I dont see a tracking number associated with the FBA order. ACtually, I dont see tracking on any FBA order. IS there a way to audit this?

3 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Don't usually pay much attention to refunds issued on FBA orders but this order caught my attention.

4 Beatles refunded by amazon (about 950$) for the reason below. (Buyer is from Peru)

image.png.7776d511e3b8b7a0e67e5f789734cb5d.png

IS there a way to track if the inventory ever makes its way back to me? I dont see a tracking number associated with the FBA order. ACtually, I dont see tracking on any FBA order. IS there a way to audit this?

You keep checking under fulfillment reports then after 60 days if they aren’t not back ( most likely won’t based on experience ), you open a case if you aren’t automatically reimbursed 

• Like 1

Usually I just get messages from box queens after the  fact "someone breathed on this too hard... SNAD!"

image.png.a5825c55b505e1f43f884897fb1dd10d.png

They must have messaged a bunch of people, as I'm nowhere near the bottom of the pricing tree. Good luck whoever responds affirmatively to this request. 

I wouldn't sell to this person even if my box was as minty as the gingerbread man's pecker image.png.c7414067155fdd3350058ece13183deb.png

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Usually I just get messages from box queens after the  fact "someone breathed on this too hard... SNAD!"

image.png.a5825c55b505e1f43f884897fb1dd10d.png

They must have messaged a bunch of people, as I'm nowhere near the bottom of the pricing tree. Good luck whoever response affirmatively to this request. 

I wouldn't sell to this person even if my box was as minty as the gingerbread man's pecker image.png.c7414067155fdd3350058ece13183deb.png

i am 100% fbm seller.  i get messages like this from time to time.  when that happens, i take down the listing (type quantity available zero) and respond that i sold the item and no longer have stock.  wait a few days and then relist.   i don't want to sell to this headache.  my goal this year has been to focus on improving margin which includes lowering probablity of box and margin crushing returns.  given that they are already asking about the return, red lights are flashing.  i have even had  buyers message asking for a photo (larger high value sets).  down comes the listing - no lego for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, redcell said:

I generally just respond and tell them that they should not buy from me, which generally does the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i used to do that but then i had a couple of people say that was rude and i worried about negative feedback or some type of complaint.   one weird thing is that by closing out the listing, the question automatically disappears.  one time i forgot to respond to the person first before taking down the listing and when i went to respond to the question after taking down the listing, the question was no longer there.  not sure if that was a glitch.  the last question i got was on a dented box ewok village.  still waiting to be sold.

Edited by cladner

My wording is something to the effect of brand new and sealed and I do not offer "mint box boxes" and expect general shelf wear.  Any damaged boxes will be noted in individual listings.

I knew of someone who did sell "mint" boxes and sold them in bubble wrap, and further Cushioning, provided packaging pics and then sold for a premium.  I experimented with this years ago and they did sell for that premium.  Don't have the time for that but for a small seller just starting out . . .

So who wants to bet when this "seller" on Amazon finally gets banned (found him on UK site):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/sp?ie=UTF8&seller=A2V64M5TZZ2SQC&asin=B09JW8R73R&ref_=dp_merchant_link&isAmazonFulfilled=1

Appears he has been selling for almost 2 months (first feedback 3rd of August). Out of 5 feedbacks, 4 have 1 star and all deleted due to FBA took responsibility? I didn't know FBA takes ALL responsibility? So what, I can send them bogus bricks instead of LEGO and they will take responsibility?

Personally I am stressing out every other day about getting some angry complaint or feedback about my LEGO, even though all mine are 100% legit.

Interesting to see how long this will last.

27 minutes ago, severalads said:

So who wants to bet when this "seller" on Amazon finally gets banned (found him on UK site):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/sp?ie=UTF8&seller=A2V64M5TZZ2SQC&asin=B09JW8R73R&ref_=dp_merchant_link&isAmazonFulfilled=1

Appears he has been selling for almost 2 months (first feedback 3rd of August). Out of 5 feedbacks, 4 have 1 star and all deleted due to FBA took responsibility? I didn't know FBA takes ALL responsibility? So what, I can send them bogus bricks instead of LEGO and they will take responsibility?

Personally I am stressing out every other day about getting some angry complaint or feedback about my LEGO, even though all mine are 100% legit.

Interesting to see how long this will last.

The few bad players will make it hard for the rest of us. 

Got this email today.  Apparently everything at Amazon was working flawlessly that the CSA had time to go through my store and give me a list of ASINs to restock.  :D

Incredibly (obviously?), the ASINs in the list are FBM and NOT out of stock :D

Dear Seller,
We are reaching out regarding ASIN Offers linked to your Amazon Selling Partner account. You could be missing out on sales opportunities for the ASINs identified in the attached spreadsheet due to missing inventory.
We recommend that you review and update your inventory page on Seller Central for applicable ASINs

What's the best/proper way to handle a FBM order that the buyer claims wasn't delivered? I have two of these orders. One was UPS Ground with no signature. The tracking shows delivered. The second one was UPS Ground with signature confirmation and it shows it was delivered and who signed for it.

What's the best way to lose the least amount of money here?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, skinsfan0521 said:

What's the best/proper way to handle a FBM order that the buyer claims wasn't delivered? I have two of these orders. One was UPS Ground with no signature. The tracking shows delivered. The second one was UPS Ground with signature confirmation and it shows it was delivered and who signed for it.

Thanks!

Did you use Amazon Buy Shipping? 

1 minute ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Thanks!

Have them submit a Did Not Receive claim and then you provide the shipping/delivery details. If you purchased shipping through Amazon, they should cover the claim and reimburse you.  I always mention to the buyer the shipping should  be guaranteed through Amazon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

Have them submit a Did Not Receive claim and then you provide the shipping/delivery details. If you purchased shipping through Amazon, they should cover the claim and reimburse you.  I always mention to the buyer the shipping should  be guaranteed through Amazon.

what he said :)

• Like 1

For the one with signature, attach a pic of said signature via Amazon's messaging system and just keep it casual. As in item was signed for and here is a copy attached. keep it at that. 

What you are actually doing is letting Amazon see it since you wont be able to attach a picture for AZ claim. Extra layer of security. 

• Like 1

A large non-lego seller listed a few retired sets cheaply on Amazon. I bought them. They then sent me multiple emails asking me if i'd like to cancel my order. Cute tactic to avoid bad metrics.

Hello,

Thank you for your order. I just have received information from our fulfillment dept. that due to increased sale of this item is sold out.

Its estimated arrival date is not known yet. I am really very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you decide to cancel this order, Upon receiving your request we will refund your full money back which you may spend for your new order.

1 minute ago, landphieran said:

A large non-lego seller listed a few retired sets cheaply on Amazon. I bought them. They then sent me multiple emails asking me if i'd like to cancel my order. Cute tactic to avoid bad metrics.

Hello,

Thank you for your order. I just have received information from our fulfillment dept. that due to increased sale of this item is sold out.

Its estimated arrival date is not known yet. I am really very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you decide to cancel this order, Upon receiving your request we will refund your full money back which you may spend for your new order.

tell them you are patient and expect the order to be fulfilled soon :P

3 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Hello,

You are not the typical buyer, you read the message.

• Haha 1