Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

7 hours ago, vasp said:

Very true. I just had this happen for a $1300 set. I shipped it via Fedex with DSR since UPS via buy shipping caps insurance at $999.

This is the latest MO for scammers on amazon. Buyer is a 21 year old woman from FL.

But - the risk is that they will re-file their chargeback and at that point amazon gives up and you loose. I have had this happen 4 times in the last 19 years selling on amazon.

Mine was a guy in NY. How long does it take before you get the second dispute?

35 minutes ago, bbr said:

Mine was a guy in NY. How long does it take before you get the second dispute?

That email response is std format. Keep an eye out on your performance metrics and the chargeback.

It will still show up there and see if it says respond. You will have to reenter the data here.

If you fail to do this you loose the chargeback.

I have lost a chargeback after I responded to email but failed to enter the data into the chargeback section.

Edited by vasp
  • Like 1

Has anyone else been getting policy violation warnings related to customer reviews?  I've gotten three warnings over the last few months that promptly disappear after I file an appeal and write to [email protected] to tell them that I've never had anything to do with any customer reviews.  They go away so I'm not real worried about it, but it's super annoying to have to deal with.

Dumped the 12 Treehouses I had at FBA at a loss. Coming close to the 365 day mark.

I didn't want FBA to slap ups labels on the item package and ship as is. That would destroy the value of these completely.

Treehouses haven't gone out of stock for a single day at amazon or walmart

Edited by vasp
added
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, vasp said:

Dumped the 12 Treehouses I had at FBA at a loss. Coming close to the 365 day mark.

I didn't want FBA to slap ups labels on the item package and ship as is. That would destroy the value of these completely.

tough luck, but good move.  I unloaded mine two Christmas ago.  Can't remember for sure, but I think I was able to do so without any product cost 🙂

Edited by gmpirate

18 hours ago, vasp said:

That's always a painful decision in the moment, but so much better in the long run.  I remember very few of the sets like this that I dumped, but have very vivid memories of the sets that I didn't and ended up holding onto for way too long.

1 minute ago, Bricklectic said:

Anyone here have amazon tax exempt status and also resell what they buy on amazon? Im a tad paranoid since i resell my purchased sets on amazon - technically a no-no, although i dont buy with prime when I do. 

It doesn't matter, as long as you don't provide as proof of purchase when amazon asks for the invoice purchase. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

It's only a no-no if you use prime shipping. I don't think Amazon cares otherwise. They get to double dip on the profits. I've used Amazon invoices to dispute lost inventory before. Never had any problems..

I meant when you are fighting a case of "Old sold as New" or "Inauthentic claim" - amazon receipts wont help there

Got a request to return a Bugatti sold back on January 6th. I'm thinking of rejecting and saying it's outside of return window. IS that inviting him to pursue alternative claims with amazon to justify his return? I'm a little paranoid with amazon - would you guys just accept the return and eat the loss or be firm and courteously reject his request?

7 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Got a request to return a Bugatti sold back on January 6th. I'm thinking of rejecting and saying it's outside of return window. IS that inviting him to pursue alternative claims with amazon to justify his return? I'm a little paranoid with amazon - would you guys just accept the return and eat the loss or be firm and courteously reject his request?

Reject the request as is outside the return window. They have 90 days to leave feedback after purchase. At this point, they cant do anything. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Just reject on the basis on outside return window. You will be covered if an a-z comes up. Amazon lacks a spine so they route it to you. If it was within 30 days they would have refunded without even caring about the loss for the seller.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sooner or later change their policies to state that within 365 days they will do what they wish.

Edited by vasp
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Got the e-mail today about holiday restock limits, and sure enough, they whacked my available item count by basically 33%. So frustrating.

Same here.  They didn't change my oversize limit, but cut my regular size by more than 50%.  

Got the e-mail today about holiday restock limits, and sure enough, they whacked my available item count by basically 33%. So frustrating.

I will check when I am back home
Tonight but expecting a cut too based on those messages. And the holiday restrictions are also coming by the end of next month. It is like Russian roulette: which sets am I going to be screwed on ? Impossible to tell. It is a headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Holiday Selling Requirements 2022

Are we expecting requirements this year? I know they never released any requirements in 2021. I can't seem to locate anything on it, and we're weeks past when they have historically announced the requirements. 

My only expectation:

Blood Sweat Tears Crying GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Sad 1

On 9/2/2022 at 12:37 PM, brickvoyeur said:

Holiday Selling Requirements 2022

Are we expecting requirements this year? I know they never released any requirements in 2021. I can't seem to locate anything on it, and we're weeks past when they have historically announced the requirements. 

I think they've throttled the amount of inventory most sellers can carry. The continued supply chain issues likely mean they'll skip this year, but who knows. If Amazon's warehouses look anything like the overstuffed aisles in WM and Target, then I imagine we'll see more restrictions come into play at some point.