Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Sending in 60 of a set which amazon split to 3 locations, 4 of which are heading to one location (in this case Texas), and the other 56 are split amongst the other 2 locations. 

Then I realized I want to keep 4 for an ebay sale I made. Can I cancel just this one box to texas containing the 4 I want while keeping the other 56 going to amazon or is that a violation of some sort.

Edited by Bricklectic

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Sending in 60 of a set which amazon split to 3 locations, 4 of which are heading to one location (in this case Texas), and the other 56 are split amongst the other 2 locations. 

Then I realized I want to keep 4 for an ebay sale I made. Can I cancel just this one box to texas containing the 4 I want while keeping the other 56 going to amazon or is that a violation of some sort.

Its a violation, used not to be and everyone abused it 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nick625 said:

Its a violation, used not to be and everyone abused it 

Thanks. It's confusing because amazon allows you to cancel, I wish they would just disallow it if its a violation

image.thumb.png.6269ede815ff29d6735b3dba75f72ba9.png

I guess I could just not send it in and that would be okay. Altho Id be out shipping charges

Edited by Bricklectic

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Thanks. It's confusing because amazon allows you to cancel, I wish they would just disallow it if its a violation

image.thumb.png.6269ede815ff29d6735b3dba75f72ba9.png

I guess I could just not send it in and that would be okay. Altho Id be out shipping charges

I dont know what are the consequences, i just remember them sending an email about it.

Just now, nick625 said:

I dont know what are the consequences, i just remember them sending an email about it.

Yes, I just found it, I bolded the relevant part in case it helps anyone.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/fba-shipment-policy-updates/953588

Effective April 1, 2022, if you send canceled or deleted shipments to Amazon, your shipments may be rejected. Your ability to send us additional shipments may also be suspended.

The following actions lead to additional processing, handling, and rerouting, which can delay the receipt of your inventory and its availability for sale:

• Deleting shipping plans after you've approved them
  • Misrouting shipments
  • Sending incomplete shipments, such as shipments that are in canceled or deleted status

To avoid problems that can cause delays, follow these guidelines:

• When creating a shipping plan, specify the quantity, content, and other information that might affect the distribution of the shipments.
  • After approving the shipping plan, be sure to send the shipment to the assigned fulfillment center with the quantity and content specified in the plan.
  • [Moderator edit: SEAmod updated this bullet point at the request of the business team.} After approving a multi-destination shipping plan, do not delete any part of the shipment or send the shipment along a different route. Make sure that all of the shipments in the multi-destination plan arrive at our fulfillment center within 30 days of our receipt of the first shipment.
  • Make sure your FBA box ID label is clearly visible.
  • [Moderator edit: SEAmod updated this bullet point at the request of the business team.} Work with your carrier to ensure that your shipment is delivered to the address on the FBA box ID label on
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Can you not just edit quantity? I had exact this situation, packed all in boxes, labelled them and got notification that the set was sold on eBay (forgot I had it listed there).

But in FBA shipment I could just edit the quantity. Not sure though if it'd allow to put 0.

Not sure what the confusion is.  You can do/can't do whatever Amazon allows you to do.  Meaning, if it lets you do it, then . . Or if it doesn't let you do it, then . . .

It's definitely more restrictive than it was before, but you can delete the whole shipment and create a new one.

11 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

I wouldn't sweat it.  Just delete the shipment of 4.  I do this all the time for various reasons.  

My assumption is that Amazon has some kind of threshold of deleted shipments beyond which you will get in trouble with them, but I've never had any issues.  I ended up deleting around 12-15 shipments the other day after spending a few weeks getting all of my Q4 shipments ready.

• Like 1

Sales are definitely slower, many sets have dropped in price from earlier in the year as well.  Some big winners I've discovered as I'm shipping too -- nothing mainstream.  I've found if I could just remove all the "extended" sets from my inventory my overall profitability would be much better.  One good rule of thumb is to stay away from anything selling at Costco.

7 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Sales are definitely slower, many sets have dropped in price from earlier in the year as well.  Some big winners I've discovered as I'm shipping too -- nothing mainstream.  I've found if I could just remove all the "extended" sets from my inventory my overall profitability would be much better.  One good rule of thumb is to stay away from anything selling at Costco.

Agreed. I also am wary of huge amazon prime day / BF sales that are available for long periods of time. every box i see in my warehouse with the words hagrids hut makes my stomach turn. ppl were saying on the other chats that the actor who played him died this week and that maybe its a sign the set will go soon? I'd say the reverse - he might be be pulling all sorts of strings where he is to keep this set going forever and ever.... 

31 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Agreed. I also am wary of huge amazon prime day / BF sales that are available for long periods of time. every box i see in my warehouse with the words hagrids hut makes my stomach turn. ppl were saying on the other chats that the actor who played him died this week and that maybe its a sign the set will go soon? I'd say the reverse - he might be be pulling all sorts of strings where he is to keep this set going forever and ever.... 

Lol, I have tons of Huts from Costco clearance several years ago.  I'll do fine with them  if you disregard holding time, but man, this set just won't die.

My restock levels just got halved  - If this was only me I'll have to rethink my metrics however this feels like everyone probably got hit.

I’m glad I’ve already got most of my Q4 shipments set up. I’ve gone from 23000 to 12000 on standard sized in the last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, landphieran said:

How far out can you make shipments for? May have to consider some shenanigans in the future.

And If you have made the shipments in advance it is okay to send it in even If you then exceed the limit or is in the worst case restock levels=sets in the shipments?

Edited by Sozial

Ok, I was just about to post about the limits.  I was in the middle of preparing a shipment last night and I got an alert that I was over the limit -- maybe 100 or less.  I adjusted the amount to be under my limit and completed all the box information.  Then when I went to confirm the shipments I got another alert that I was over?!?!  Checked my inventory monitor and my limit was reduced by 500 units!!!  Right in the middle of preparing my shipment?  I was so irritating as I was burning the midnight oil last night getting it ready for Monday pickup.

23 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Ok, I was just about to post about the limits.  I was in the middle of preparing a shipment last night and I got an alert that I was over the limit -- maybe 100 or less.  I adjusted the amount to be under my limit and completed all the box information.  Then when I went to confirm the shipments I got another alert that I was over?!?!  Checked my inventory monitor and my limit was reduced by 500 units!!!  Right in the middle of preparing my shipment?  I was so irritating as I was burning the midnight oil last night getting it ready for Monday pickup.

I was tracking my restock limits because I was heavily impacted by the significant holiday season reductions last year. The first reduction happened Sept 5th (10k -> 2k) and now Oct 24th (18k -> 10k). Running a business with unplanned and unexplained reductions in restock is a ******* terrible seller experience. Explain your decision and make it clear how these metrics are determined. Allow sellers to plan within the paradigm.

That being said the move was very obviously targeted to negatively impact sellers and restrict volume forcing an even more difficult selling environment. My limits after the first reduction bounced back pretty quickly the following weeks but I'm unsure if that will be true again. Happy holidays.