Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Ok peeps...anyone had to deal with this tool before? JM Company LLC on 18 Boulden Cir (reshipper). I have seen lots of bad reports about this company.

They bought a Technic Crane and now want to have a hand signed invoice and a certificate of origin from the manufacturer. I assume this is for customs purposes. Is this really my responsibility? I don't legally need to provide him with anything do I? There was a stamped packing slip in the box, but apparently they aren't looking in the box.

Any advice is appreciated.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, odysea11 said:

Ok peeps...anyone had to deal with this tool before? JM Company LLC on 18 Boulden Cir (reshipper). I have seen lots of bad reports about this company.

They bought a Technic Crane and now want to have a hand signed invoice and a certificate of origin from the manufacturer. I assume this is for customs purposes. Is this really my responsibility? I don't legally need to provide him with anything do I? There was a stamped packing slip in the box, but apparently they aren't looking in the box.

If they bought this via amazon, I'd simply ask them to print the order detail directly from amazon.

Would they ask for the same if purchased from amazon?

1 hour ago, odysea11 said:

you are a retailer not a distributor. You are under no obligation to produce invoices. Packing slip should suffice or they can just return it  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

Chargeback cases kill me. Can we just stop the Charade and just give them the damn money plus the fee?  The first few times I actually gathered data and proof that we had held up our end of the bargain. Only to get the letter… “we’ve decided in favor of the customer, eat ****”

No kidding.  The CC companies make all this hoopla about fraud protection as if consumers had anything to worry about.  Anyone can just make a purchase and call their cc company and deny the charge and get the the charge reversed.  Consumers get their money back and the cc company get more money in fees.  Only the merchants loose out so why would the banks care.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

No kidding.  The CC companies make all this hoopla about fraud protection as if consumers had anything to worry about.  Anyone can just make a purchase and call their cc company and deny the charge and get the the charge reversed.  Consumers get their money back and the cc company get more money in fees.  Only the merchants loose out so why would the banks care.

I never did get any money from either Zavvi or Laurel Road (Key Bank) when I was sent a minions set instead of an F-1 McLaren 42141. 

1 hour ago, My_own_2_bricks said:

I never did get any money from either Zavvi or Laurel Road (Key Bank) when I was sent a minions set instead of an F-1 McLaren 42141. 

You are disputing something a little different.  It's kind of like returning something at Amazon.  Check the right box and Amazon immediately refunds your money without 3rd party interaction.  If you call your bank and say you didn't authorize the purchase you would get your money back.

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

On the bright side, Amazon successfully defended the chargeback from earlier today.  

Different too.  Different rules and processes the cc banks have for big companies like Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.

Edited by gmpirate

Has anyone used a 3rd party claims company? They open up claims on your behalf for reimbursements from amazon, and they take about 30% of whatever they recoup. They claim they can recoup about 1-2% of your gross revenue.  Seems like a no brainer. I'm a bit leery of getting access to outsiders, but a friend of mine used them with no issues and he recovered 10's of thousands..... and they claim they never have any suspensions or account issues.

Antone here have experience or consider using a claims company?

4 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Has anyone used a 3rd party claims company? They open up claims on your behalf for reimbursements from amazon, and they take about 30% of whatever they recoup. They claim they can recoup about 1-2% of your gross revenue.  Seems like a no brainer. I'm a bit leery of getting access to outsiders, but a friend of mine used them with no issues and he recovered 10's of thousands..... and they claim they never have any suspensions or account issues.

Antone here have experience or consider using a claims company?

DO NOT DO THIS!! You will get your account suspended. 

They claim to do multiple 20M revenue accounts and say they open up as many as 1000 cases. They further claim no one has ever been suspended using their service in 8 years. Most that happened was amazon calling to go over the rules for filing claims.....

6 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

DO NOT DO THIS!! You will get your account suspended. 

Has this happened to you or someone you know? Why were they suspended

The thing that killed it for me was the fact that they (or at least the one I was talking to) claim a percentage of EVERY reimbursement you receive regardless of whether it was one that they facilitated the collection of.  As soon as I found that out, I told them to pound sand.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, redcell said:

The thing that killed it for me was the fact that they (or at least the one I was talking to) claim a percentage of EVERY reimbursement you receive regardless of whether it was one that they facilitated the collection of.  As soon as I found that out, I told them to pound sand.

In my case I would be hiring them on a one time basis. And i dont even get much reimbursement from amazon. 

So a one time lump net payment of a couple grand would be nice.

Almost as much as the money is the victory - it always feels like amazon is stealthily ripping me off behind the scenes.... Would be great to fight back and recoup something. 

8 minutes ago, yyyybird said:

Buyer returned in bubble mailer, box pancaked a bit, can I take some deduction from refund , how much will be acceptable , thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image-2022-12-27-18:44:02-417.jpg

this is FBM?  i take 50% restocking fee for that kind of nonsense.   take photos.  

literally the second i see a return authorization, i message the buyer and tell them the item must be returned in a box without any damage if they expect to get a full refund and that if they item is taken to a UPS store and returned with a label attached or in a bag they will only get 50% back.  i haven't had any sets returned like this since i began doing this.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1