Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Is making a new Lego Listing (for a retired set not in the catalog) a) difficult and much more importantly b) Risky?

I'm asking about risk because I listed a Xmas tree (2018 GWP) on the listing and received a suspected IP strike on my account 3 (!) years later. I had only sold one. So I am thinking that maybe creating extra listings is risky? Or was there something specific to that set?

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Is making a new Lego Listing (for a retired set not in the catalog) a) difficult and much more importantly b) Risky?

I'm asking about risk because I listed a Xmas tree (2018 GWP) on the listing and received a suspected IP strike on my account 3 (!) years later. I had only sold one. So I am thinking that maybe creating extra listings is risky? Or was there something specific to that set?

The first thing that'll probably happen is request for compliance documents 

19 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

At what price level are you guys setting for "signature required" for FBM?

I always get the shipping label through Amazon Buy Shipping just incase of INR. It depends on the location and sometimes Amazon will recommend the signature confirmation. 

I ask for signature on the items that are $1000 or more.

27 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

At what price level are you guys setting for "signature required" for FBM?

Usually anything over $250 for me. 

7 minutes ago, nick625 said:

I ask for signature on the items that are $1000 or more.

I've sold something online for over $1000 exactly once in my life. As mentioned above, my threshold for signature confirmation is much lower than that.

43 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

Usually anything over $250 for me. 

I've sold something online for over $1000 exactly once in my life. As mentioned above, my threshold for signature confirmation is much lower than that.

I don't see the point in purchasing signature confirmation when getting the shipping label through Amazon Buy Shipping. If the order was scanned on or before the required shipping date, you are protected. 

BTW, EBAY POLICY:

If the order has a total cost (including shipping costs and any taxes) of $750 or more, you're required to purchase signature confirmation to be protected if a buyer reports an item not received or opens a payment dispute. If you are shipping internationally, see the signature confirmation thresholds table below to see if signature confirmation is required for the shipment.

Edited by nick625

11 hours ago, nick625 said:

I don't see the point in purchasing signature confirmation when getting the shipping label through Amazon Buy Shipping. If the order was scanned on or before the required shipping date, you are protected. 

That's my understanding too.  Also, Amazon does advise purchasing signature confirmation sometimes.

I had a pretty good December and got the required to provide proof of commercial liability insurance. I'm a small fish and clearly this is the first time I hit $10,000 in gross sales in a month since 2021. Is this something I should just have for my protection and is the cost of doing business on Amazon or what are my options? Can I just purchase for one/six months and submit to Amazon and then cancel after approval?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

I had a pretty good December and got the required to provide proof of commercial liability insurance. I'm a small fish and clearly this is the first time I hit $10,000 in gross sales in a month since 2021. Is this something I should just have for my protection and is the cost of doing business on Amazon or what are my options? Can I just purchase for one/six months and submit to Amazon and then cancel after approval?

Thanks in advance

The requirement has nothing to do with your sales, you are obligated to purchase one per your contract with amazon but am increase in sale will trigger a “reminder” . 
it is relatively cheaper and Amazon offer various option to choose from . As far as the rest goes, you are playing with fire 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

The requirement has nothing to do with your sales, you are obligated to purchase one per your contract with amazon but am increase in sale will trigger a “reminder” . 
it is relatively cheaper and Amazon offer various option to choose from . As far as the rest goes, you are playing with fire 

Thanks for the info. I only said that because of this in the email:

image.thumb.png.6b2e14db0c3630b16f768d5e7474969a.png

I guess I will just put it down as the cost of doing business on amazon and look at the amazon options. As I do not want to be booted off the platform.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

Thanks for the info. I only said that because of this in the email:

image.thumb.png.6b2e14db0c3630b16f768d5e7474969a.png

I guess I will just put it down as the cost of doing business on amazon and look at the amazon options. As I do not want to be booted off the platform.

they try to sneak in the " if requested part" in there :P

7 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Thanks in advance

Chalk it up to the cost of doing business on amazon.  I'm in the same boat... I've only had 1 month above 10k (Dec 2021).    From the approval email they confirm coverage with the issuing company and "If the policy is canceled, altered or does not provide the coverage identified in the certificate of insurance (COI) you submitted, we will reach out to you to submit proof of a new commercial liability insurance policy."  Cancelling after 1-6 months risks losing your amazon account.

p.s. I received a 'request'/reminder to purchase again this year, even though I've been below the 10k threshold for 12 months.

Edited by SpaceFan9
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SpaceFan9 said:

Chalk it up to the cost of doing business on amazon.  I'm in the same boat... I've only had 1 month above 10k (Dec 2021).    From the approval email they confirm coverage with the issuing company and "If the policy is canceled, altered or does not provide the coverage identified in the certificate of insurance (COI) you submitted, we will reach out to you to submit proof of a new commercial liability insurance policy."  Cancelling after 1-6 months risks losing your amazon account.

p.s. I received a 'request'/reminder to purchase again this year, even though I've been below the 10k threshold for 12 months.

This.  Anytime you purchase insurance there is tracking/notifications of such coverage between the insurance company and covered companies involved.  i.e. That's why you will get notices from your bank if you are late paying your insurance.  They know whether its active/expired or not.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Listings deactivated due to potential pricing error

Been a long time since I received this error.  Was just adding inventory and adjusting price for Death Stars.  I inputted 1699.99 (current displayed price).  How do I resolve this again?

image.thumb.png.0ba99767e6b5cdbebf39bf16e44cf890.png

Price alerts in you manage inventory page but I have only seen it when I price a lot higher than the buy box. I wonder if your shipping is high compared to the listing.

Edited by Dark Helmet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

Thanks in advance

Look into Next insurance.  I switched to them when Amz required insurance and I'm paying $700 per year ish.  Not great if you only need it for Amz, but I'm required to have biz insurance for 3 places, so.... could be worse.

Or keep your sales below the insurance threshhold.  Close up shop when you get close.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, waxwing said:

Look into Next insurance.  I switched to them when Amz required insurance and I'm paying $700 per year ish.  Not great if you only need it for Amz, but I'm required to have biz insurance for 3 places, so.... could be worse.

Or keep your sales below the insurance threshhold.  Close up shop when you get close.

My home insurance company also has a Business Liability offering. I was able to get it down to about $350.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

image.thumb.png.0ba99767e6b5cdbebf39bf16e44cf890.png

Price alerts in you manage inventory page but I have only seen it when I price a lot higher than the buy box. I wonder if your shipping is high compared to the listing.

Yep, that's where the max/min was.  Adjusted that, we'll see if that helps.  Thanks!