Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

18 hours ago, river41 said:

based on the amount of feedback he has received over the last 90 days he probably sold at least 16000 items in the last 90 days. I am stunned that amazon  has not yet shut him down for drop shipping.

also he clearly is having a affect on prices .

What would be the incentive for Amazon to shut down that operation?

On 3/16/2023 at 1:55 PM, legorunner said:

I've been selling on Amazon since 2006ish (used books back in college) and have been selling LEGO since about 2016. Amazon just asked me reverify my account and wants me to select my business type. I've never registered as a business on Amazon, so it seems like I would continue as "None, I am an individual", but the wording is vague: "An individual sells in a private context. An individual does not sell a product to a company / charity and does not operate in a business or professional context. 

What does "does not operate in a business context" mean? My LEGO selling is a smalltime side hustle, but I still treat it like a business in terms of tracking expenses / paying taxes, etc. 

Can I continue as as an individual or is it time to register as a business? 

How did this go for you? I just got my email for re-verification today

11 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Just me or have sales plummeted for everyone last couple of weeks? Both eBay and Amazon.

Meanwhile both ebay and amazon have been sending me promotional ad deals all of a sudden 

image.png.99d6794f58800497758115b7b3d3e264.png

Same. I’m small fish and usually sell 3 sets a week on Amazon but nothing since second week of March which was just before our March Break and then the bank collapse. Normal for March Break. Hoping the bank jitters don’t make people rein in spending. Their money would be safer in bricks to be honest. 

11 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I'm getting close to breaching the acceptable problem level of incorrect quantity for FBA shipments. (all amazons mistakes...) Has anyone crossed the unacceptable % - I'm curious to know what the consequences are.

image.thumb.png.dc44622b27a3f5bb03743ea54bd334f8.png

I've been doing FBM exclusively this year. I need to send stuff into FBA, but I saw another post on a FB group about really bad inventory issues with some distribution centers. Makes me nervous to start sending stuff in. But I can't move everything FBM.

1 minute ago, pharmjod said:

I've been doing FBM exclusively this year. I need to send stuff into FBA, but I saw another post on a FB group about really bad inventory issues with some distribution centers. Makes me nervous to start sending stuff in. But I can't move everything FBM.

It's 100% true. Never used to be a major issue for me, but past 6 months they are losing everything, entire shipments even! Just this week they lost another 5 imperial cruisers. It's super frustrating - I dont always have invoice to provide....

20 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I have been have no problems with my sales. Its just the prices. Those are down across the board. 

Same here.  I just had a bunch of inventory land today and the sales are rolling in already.  Prices, however, are down...I guess maybe LEGO isn't more valuable than gold after all.

Got a question for experts here.

It's related to Lego but MCF through amazon.

Put in a MCF request on 3/6/23 expedited with delivery by 3/10/2023.

amazon shipped via USPS and sent me tracking info. But package never got to USPS. They wanted me to wait till 17th to file a claim.

They want

1. Proof of non-Amazon order, including customer's name and address (for example, a screenshot of your Shopify order)

2. Proof of refund or replacement, including the customer's name and address.

I sent in screen shot or order information as requested as Proof for #1 and prepared a shipping label to send replacement  to buyer. Sent a copy of the saved shipping label as proof for #2.

Sorry to inform you that we did not get enough information to proceed with troubleshooting to have a resolution. The current information that you provided is not good enough, Therefore, please provide [information or document] for Amazon to proceed with investigation. We will close this case for now and once the information is well prepared, you are welcome to contact us again.

They never exactly tell me what else they need.

Do you guys have any pointers for me. Appreciate your help.

This is the first time a MCF pkg is lost/not shipped but amazon is giving me the run around. They charged me $22 to ship the damn thing too.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Did you upload as pdf or jpg? Does the replacement show any tracking ? 

Screen shot uploaded as a .png file and the shipping label uploaded as a pdf file.

I prepared the replacement shipment but was waiting on amazon reimbursement to ship.  (Is this what they actually want to see? a shipment in transit?

On 3/16/2023 at 3:06 PM, grackleflint said:

I literally went through this yesterday.

I am in the same situation you are. I’m an individual and it’s a very small endeavor.

I selected individual, uploaded my drivers license and a bank statement and was re-verified in 5 hours.

I figure that business means registered as a business in a legal sense and I have not done that.

Amazon verified and sent me an “activation” email as if I was a new seller account.

Everything appears as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received the activation email, but I don't see anywhere to activate. Everything looks good, so I assume it just carried over and I don't have to click on a button or go through anymore steps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I received the activation email, but I don't see anywhere to activate. Everything looks good, so I assume it just carried over and I don't have to click on a button or go through anymore steps.

I also received the re-verification email. Wondering how fun it is to give up a copy of your government issued ID? My business name is not related to my name and I wonder if the owners of multi-million or mega selling accounts of like Toywizs would want to give a copy of driver license to Amazon. 😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vasp said:

Screen shot uploaded as a .png file and the shipping label uploaded as a pdf file.

I prepared the replacement shipment but was waiting on amazon reimbursement to ship.  (Is this what they actually want to see? a shipment in transit?

try to re upload both as a jpg for now and see what they say