Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

2 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

you must be new to these parts.  assuming that just because he followed Amazon's rule of conduct that he would be covered.

There are several steps to making this a win, but at least its a very realistic win. You can always get some bad decision from AtoZ team, but you fight it and provide additional proof.

BTW, emailing the customer in details the reason for such a low refund and giving them the option of providing you a return label always looks good with Amazon team. 

3 minutes ago, nick625 said:

There are several steps to making this a win, but at least its a very realistic win. You can always get some bad decision from AtoZ team, but you fight it and provide additional proof.

BTW, emailing the customer in details the reason for such a low refund and giving them the option of providing you a return label always looks good with Amazon team. 

It's never a win -- even if the decision goes your way.  Time and aggravation. You should not have to spend the time and fight when you are abiding by their rules.  If Amazon wants to make an exception it should come out of their pocket.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cladner said:

i wonder if i don't get signature confirmation if i lose my bought shipping through amazon coverage. 

i would do it for this amount anyway now but had not seen this flagged like this before.

image.png.d4833576510e5b196ce504ec52d7dcbb.png

I've been tracking these orders. In my opinion, these are the customers with a lot of returns, claims or have been reported by sellers.

Based on the last 10 flagged orders, i had issues with 6. pls see the below breakdown: 

1 x order - customer wanted a discount

3 x returns with bs reason - the sets were returned 

1 x claimed that the image on amazon website doesn't match the content but she still wanted to keep the set with full refund

1 x  return - customer returned in a polybag without the box with the reason: no longer needed

Edited by nick625
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nick625 said:

I've been tracking these orders. In my opinion, these are the customers with a lot of returns, claims or have been reported by sellers.

Based on the last 10 flagged orders, i had issues with 6. pls see the below breakdown: 

1 customers wanted a discount

3 returns with bs reason, the sets were returned 

1 claimed that the image on amazon website doesn't match the content but she still wanted to keep the set with full refund

1 return the customer returned in a polybag without the box with reason no longer needed

this is kind of what i was worried about.  amazon letting me know in their own gentle subtle way that maybe i should buckle up for some B$.  i have sold 4 of this set in the last 2 weeks to addresses i wouldn't mind living in on goggle maps streetview ,  my usual litmus test for deciding to purchase signature.  this one, not so much.  my metrics are such i can take the cancellation hit.

1 hour ago, cladner said:

this is kind of what i was worried about.  amazon letting me know in their own gentle subtle way that maybe i should buckle up for some B$.  i have sold 4 of this set in the last 2 weeks to addresses i wouldn't mind living in on goggle maps streetview ,  my usual litmus test for deciding to purchase signature.  this one, not so much.  my metrics are such i can take the cancellation hit.

BTW, i reported all those customers to amazon. If everyone finds the time to report these type of customers, their accounts will be deactivated much faster. 

4 minutes ago, nick625 said:

BTW, i reported all those customers to amazon. If everyone finds the time to report these type of customers, their accounts will be deactivated much faster. 

Im the master of reporting. I have link bookmarked. LOL 

2 hours ago, cladner said:

i wonder if i don't get signature confirmation if i lose my bought shipping through amazon coverage. 

i would do it for this amount anyway now but had not seen this flagged like this before.

image.png.d4833576510e5b196ce504ec52d7dcbb.png

I would suggest it in order to cover your butt against charge backs, Amazon will cover INR

1 hour ago, nick625 said:

1 x order - customer wanted a discount

3 x returns with bs reason - the sets were returned 

1 x claimed that the image on amazon website doesn't match the content but she still wanted to keep the set with full refund

1 x  return - customer returned in a polybag without the box with the reason: no longer needed

I haven't had a single issue .... yet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I would suggest it in order to cover your butt against charge backs, Amazon will cover INR.

$600 set being sent to a total craphole apt that amazon is flagging me to get a signature from?  um, ok. buzzers sounding.  i'm not giving amazon a chance to deny my INR.

i cancelled the order without thinking twice after @nick625 confirmed the vibe i was getting .  address not deliverable. now i don't have to waste even a second of precious uncompensated time dealing with a greater than 50% probability pita.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I check the new Amazon forum from time to time (Incognito mode, so I do not have to sign in).  It is a pity how Amzn has ruined the most informative resource on their platform.

Anyway, I saw a topic asking to share helpful resource / tip, and the most upvoted post was the advice on selling somewhere other than Amzn :D

If it was Amazon’s intention to shut that forum down without actually doing so because it would make them look bad then it was a brilliant move. Kudos to whoever thought that up even though they are evil. 😂

1 hour ago, jbacunn said:

If it was Amazon’s intention to shut that forum down without actually doing so because it would make them look bad then it was a brilliant move. Kudos to whoever thought that up even though they are evil. 😂

In the old forum, somebody mentioned that the new forum was the brainchild of the Chief Community Outreach Officer (or something along that title).  She deserves all the credits :girldevil: 

It seems that the 40524 Sunflower listing has been shutdown and removed. It had a bunch of Chinese sellers on it listing for $3. Somehow they had changed the brand to generic. On other forums people are complaining, it seems that anyone who was selling on that listing got policy violations for trademark misuse.

So frustrating these days shipping to FBA.  A shipment sent to Amazon in Oct only now pops up as inaccurate but the quantity I sent matches the orders that Amazon received and shipped. They want proof of purchase yada yada yada...to research further

It was just 1 item with multiple quantities and they still screw it up. I guess there goes my theory of simplifying shipments.  It might make it worth with more separate shipments. More chance for Amazon to screw up and my shipping metric gets the ding.🙄

Edited by joch29

On 1/5/2023 at 9:08 AM, river41 said:

hi did anyone come across toywave before ? I never noticed him before today and he has over 8000 different lego sets for sale . He is also the cheapest listing on tons of sets sometimes by a significant amount .He has a extended handling time which suggests drop shipping Looking at feedback a number of people don't get the item or get the wrong thing sometimes. Again that seems to point to drop shipping. (Maybe Someone should do a test buy see where it comes from and follow up and if it's from a third party should report him for drop shipping) Is this toycentric all over again?

Besides his own listing being cheaper then anyone he has caused a lot of others to drop their prices to match him including some heavy hitters so this could have a significant effect on prices going forward

Can we expect Amazon to eventually shut this account down? They are clearly a dropshipper and I've noticed an increasing amount of negative feedback. They are a huge drag on prices across thousands of skus. 

• Sad 1

seems like about 1 in 20-30 orders are now having the buy signature confirmation suggestion from amazon. i have had 5.   i continue to cancel these orders.  used to be for sets like $400 but now i've had it for one down to $300.  the last 2, when i google the address, i can't find a physical address that matches the address amazon is telling me to send to.  like i can't get driving directions to this place.   when i look at the address range on the street, it looks like the buyerr has removed the first digit on their street address #.  guessing this type of scam results in the item still being delivered but then buyer says i did not get item and the address that it was delivered to doesn't even exist....

luckily my metrics can take the hit but kind of annoying that amazon is letting this junk through and trying to make money on the seller even though they know that this is high likelihood of being scam.  at least now the signature suggestion is a helpful clue.

29 minutes ago, cladner said:

seems like about 1 in 20-30 orders are now having the buy signature confirmation suggestion from amazon. i have had 5.   i continue to cancel these orders.  used to be for sets like $400 but now i've had it for one down to $300.  the last 2, when i google the address, i can't find a physical address that matches the address amazon is telling me to send to.  like i can't get driving directions to this place.   when i look at the address range on the street, it looks like the buyerr has removed the first digit on their street address #.  guessing this type of scam results in the item still being delivered but then buyer says i did not get item and the address that it was delivered to doesn't even exist....

luckily my metrics can take the hit but kind of annoying that amazon is letting this junk through and trying to make money on the seller even though they know that this is high likelihood of being scam.  at least now the signature suggestion is a helpful clue.

Do you search all addresses you send to or only for the high value items, never even occurred to me this kind of scam could happen, as thought parcel would just get returned to sender if they can't find the address 

52 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Do you search all addresses you send to or only for the high value items, never even occurred to me this kind of scam could happen, as thought parcel would just get returned to sender if they can't find the address 

Yes.  It used to be how I decided whether to get signature or not.  The road in question is not very long and I am sure the delivery person knows each person by name so of course, it must be a simple mistake that they left off the first number…

21 hours ago, pharmjod said:

Can we expect Amazon to eventually shut this account down? They are clearly a dropshipper and I've noticed an increasing amount of negative feedback. They are a huge drag on prices across thousands of skus. 

Why would Amazon shut down one of their biggest commission cows ? :drag:

18 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Why would Amazon shut down one of their biggest commission cows ? :drag:

Well, unless I'm mistaken, which is always possible, this type of dropshipping is against the terms of service on Amazon. I realize it's asking too much for Amazon to actually enforce it's policies in a consistent manner. 

Also, toywave is in fact toycentric rebranded. This company is like herpes. You can't get rid of it. 

On 3/9/2023 at 4:45 AM, pharmjod said:

A couple of reviews stating that they're a dropshipper. Not sure how many people bother reading the reviews rather than just clicking the Buy now button?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pharmjod said:

Well, unless I'm mistaken, which is always possible, this type of dropshipping is against the terms of service on Amazon. I realize it's asking too much for Amazon to actually enforce it's policies in a consistent manner. 

Also, toywave is in fact toycentric rebranded. This company is like herpes. You can't get rid of it. 

Daniel Smith sounds like a decent and honest fella 

• Like 1

I had to recall my last bit of Christmas inventory today ... First the listing got blocked by PFT Corp with their 1000+ copies, and now ToyWave stepped in and dropped the price by 20%. I'll eat the return shipping cost and take the chance this comes back in a paper bag.

• Like 1