Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

message the buyer and tell them the item must be returned in a box without any damage if they expect to get a full refund and that if they item is taken to a UPS store and returned with a label attached or in a bag they will only get 50% back.  i haven't had any sets returned like this since i began doing this.

That’s a violation of the TOS and can get your account either suspended or your messaging privileges revoked . 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Authorized Refund on a FBM return.

This guy still is here a day later - will it go away on its own?

image.png.3538d6707d2fe59f2d2464dbdb67fd33.pngimage.png.fcef9f4e9f7cd5d96f863ba4bd04787d.pngimage.png.e951d54afb650472c329cad5da531474.png

Sorry for the basic question. (  I rarely sell FBM ) do i need to hit complete? It only has an option to close because 'partial' refund was given so i dont want to check that. 

It will disappear, feel lucky you don't have 80.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It will disappear, feel lucky you don't have 80.

Thanks! I have plenty on the FBA side. Returnuary has started in earnest. 

ebay looks better and better to me with every return i get. i have a no return policy on ebay and I've sold hundreds of items this year with not a single return. 

It feels real good not to have your stuff sent back to you.

On a side note, (maybe this is for the complain thread)  I recalled a bunch of inventory from amazon that was required to have been bubble wrapped ( AT microf.) and sure enough they show up at my house yesterday with no bubblewrap. Why did amazon make me pay them 80 cents each then :( 

19 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Thanks! I have plenty on the FBA side. Returnuary has started in earnest. 

ebay looks better and better to me with every return i get. i have a no return policy on ebay and I've sold hundreds of items this year with not a single return. 

It feels real good not to have your stuff sent back to you.

On a side note, (maybe this is for the complain thread)  I recalled a bunch of inventory from amazon that was required to have been bubble wrapped ( AT microf.) and sure enough they show up at my house yesterday with no bubblewrap. Why did amazon make me pay them 80 cents each then :( 

same thing happened to me a i paid amazon to polybag a item i ended up recalling a few of them and guess what no polybagging 

i also agree about ebay no returns is a pleasure

2 minutes ago, river41 said:

same thing happened to me a i paid amazon to polybag a item i ended up recalling a few of them and guess what no polybagging 

i also agree about ebay no returns is a pleasure

I even do free returns on Ebay and no one ever returns things.  Maybe 1 return for every 500 or 1000 orders. Might be different for certain categories, but very low return rate with toys.

• Like 2

This might be my favorite return reason

Screenshot_20230102-201119-696.png.f1b87f001081450ebf20c43b119aeec6.png

Screenshot_20230102-201137-397.png.2b6f5ed3f15a662b5733ec01591fd9a4.png

Melinda, it's hard to get it there in time for Christmas when you place the order Christmas morning. Thankfully the other person she ordered it from on Christmas morning was able to send it via DeLorean. On the bright side it was successfully delivered December 29th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

This might be my favorite return reason

Screenshot_20230102-201119-696.png.f1b87f001081450ebf20c43b119aeec6.png

Screenshot_20230102-201137-397.png.2b6f5ed3f15a662b5733ec01591fd9a4.png

Melinda, it's hard to get it there in time for Christmas when you place the order Christmas morning. Thankfully the other person she ordered it from on Christmas morning was able to send it via DeLorean. On the bright side it was successfully delivered December 29th.

it is plausible that you are the other vendor and she got the orders mixed up 

• Like 1

Is it just me or is amazon losing inventory right and left for everyone lately?

To add insult to injury, they have started hitting my account with performance notifications.

So they lose my inventory, then they hit my account metrics, and for good measure they force me to "acknowledge" my sin and take a mini questionnaire. 

image.png.a86cef02dfaff7c1f05985d750597250.png

image.png.358e28fef39e9f4de853b0326ee1a02f.png

Is it just me or is amazon losing inventory right and left for everyone lately?
To add insult to injury, they have started hitting my account with performance notifications.
So they lose my inventory, then they hit my account metrics, and for good measure they force me to "acknowledge" my sin and take a mini questionnaire. 
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_01/image.png.a86cef02dfaff7c1f05985d750597250.png
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_01/image.png.358e28fef39e9f4de853b0326ee1a02f.png

Same here and same feeling of being abused by these guys for something they messed up rather than I. But I cannot prove it so …. I filled the questionnaire and moved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone help me out with how to proceed with this Seller Support case conversation?

LEGO 40707 - Star Wars Death Star II Battle has 2 listings, ASIN B088C1Z4WX (Brand: "LEGO") and ASIN B08JRS7MR9 (Brand: "Building Sets").

When I search Amazon.com for "lego 40707" I only get B08JRS7MR9 (the incorrect listing). I cannot get the other ASIN to show, so it is likely suppressed and it has no sales rank either.

The Seller Support associate keeps telling me:

Upon checking, we found out that only this ASIN: B088C1Z4WX is active in Amazon's catalog and reflecting on detail page. You can check with this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088C1Z4WX?ref=myi_title_dp This ASIN: B08JRS7MR9 is not present in Amazon's catalog, and no further issues found.

Exactly THE OPPOSITE of what I am seeing. 

I have asked for a merge of both ASINs but Amazon claims they cannot do this, as the brands differ.

I am running out of words and patience to fight this, and am dreading having to recall my inventory on the correct B088C1Z4WX ASIN.

What are others seeing, and what else can I do to convince Amazon to fix these listings?

(EDIT: Only difference seems to be the picture which indicates B08JRS7MR9 might be the European box and UPC).

Edited by Phil B

I don't know about challenging the whole merge thing, but what I have done is call and tell them my item is not coming up under search results.  They can and have done this for me.  I would not complicate the conversation by referencing the other listing (unless you have to).

By mentioning "merge" you lead them down a separate list of responses which probably exclude the conclusion that your listing is just not searchable right now.

hi did anyone come across toywave before ? I never noticed him before today and he has over 8000 different lego sets for sale . He is also the cheapest listing on tons of sets sometimes by a significant amount .He has a extended handling time which suggests drop shipping Looking at feedback a number of people don't get the item or get the wrong thing sometimes. Again that seems to point to drop shipping. (Maybe Someone should do a test buy see where it comes from and follow up and if it's from a third party should report him for drop shipping) Is this toycentric all over again?

Besides his own listing being cheaper then anyone he has caused a lot of others to drop their prices to match him including some heavy hitters so this could have a significant effect on prices going forward

Edited by river41

How to file a reimbursement claim for inventory lost at amazons warehouse. AKA free money.

Ok, this will be basic to some, but if it helps one person, it's well worth sharing. 

1) Download your Inventory Adjustment Report

2) Filter Reason by "M", and filter column k by "1"

What you are now looking at is the FBA inventory that amazon lost.

Go to help, type in lost inventory, the below will appear

image.png.6193bd0ab0cfb5004131649956a080de.png

enter the fnsku and amazon will auto-generate a case to look into. No need to write any stories, invoices, proof, or anything.

Up to 18 months of lost items will be reimbursed. IME lower value items are instantly reimbursed!

Literally free money for those of us that are too lazy or confused about the process of recovering $$ for amazons mistakes. There are harder things to recover but this one is super easy, barely an inconvenience!

Edited by Bricklectic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hi.  I've been trying to list minifigures on AMZ and it seems like one seller has a monopoly on the listings.  The seller includes a bonus cape with the figure.  I have been unable to create my own listings.  I fill out all the info, the upc or whatever and AMZ says it's a duplicate.  

Anyone have a way around this?  Should I start making capes?  

I also sell on ebay but just had a listing that took over an hour to set up taken down for counterfeit lego.  Complete and total b.s. but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it but re set up the listing.

1 hour ago, waxwing said:

Hi.  I've been trying to list minifigures on AMZ and it seems like one seller has a monopoly on the listings.  The seller includes a bonus cape with the figure.  I have been unable to create my own listings.  I fill out all the info, the upc or whatever and AMZ says it's a duplicate.  

Anyone have a way around this?  Should I start making capes?  

I also sell on ebay but just had a listing that took over an hour to set up taken down for counterfeit lego.  Complete and total b.s. but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it but re set up the listing.

even if you did make capes or tiles or whatnot it would still be a counterfeit to the listing owner who just so happens to be the only person with the special piece.  i've given up selling minifigures under those listing and sell on the listings that happened to be placed without these stupid extras.  if enough people complained about these listings being "bundles" - minifigure + the bs cape, then maybe we could get them taken down .

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

even if you did make capes or tiles or whatnot it would still be a counterfeit to the listing owner who just so happens to be the only person with the special piece.  i've given up selling minifigures under those listing and sell on the listings that happened to be placed without these stupid extras.  if enough people complained about these listings being "bundles" - minifigure + the bs cape, then maybe we could get them taken down .

OK.  Good to know I'm not the only one.  I just sold a couple of muppets last week.  I swear when I listed them there was no mention of a cape.  Then when I go to ship it says bonus cape.  I messaged the buyers and sent without the capes but I'm expecting bad reviews. 

I will make sure to complain about all those listings.  Thank you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

How to file a reimbursement claim for inventory lost at amazons warehouse. AKA free money.

Ok, this will be basic to some, but if it helps one person, it's well worth sharing. 

1) Download your Inventory Adjustment Report

2) Filter Reason by "M", and filter column k by "1"

What you are now looking at is the FBA inventory that amazon lost.

Go to help, type in lost inventory, the below will appear

image.png.6193bd0ab0cfb5004131649956a080de.png

enter the fnsku and amazon will auto-generate a case to look into. No need to write any stories, invoices, proof, or anything.

Up to 18 months of lost items will be reimbursed. IME lower value items are instantly reimbursed!

Literally free money for those of us that are too lazy or confused about the process of recovering $$ for amazons mistakes. There are harder things to recover but this one is super easy, barely an inconvenience!

This is fantastic! Thanks! Ran the report and there was at least $800 worth of lost inventory. Some of it said it was immediately reimbursable, some said it needed an associate to look.

It's a shame this isn't just automatic to begin with.

• Like 2