Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

28 minutes ago, joch29 said:

anyone else notice some FBM transactions not showing up in payment transaction?  Order data issue more than just the app?

Been like this since yesterday evening. Not resolved in my case yet.

The billing for shipping does show up for those items. I don't remember seeing a notification in seller news for this though?

Edited by vasp

1 hour ago, joch29 said:

anyone else notice some FBM transactions not showing up in payment transaction?  Order data issue more than just the app?

Weird, 1/2 of my FBM order payments show up in Payment Transaction but several are missing.  All shipping charges related to those missing orders show up though (OF COURSE :P )

I used the feedback button on the "Transaction View" to let Amazon know about the issue.  If enough people send them feedback, perhaps they can start looking into it

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

they had an announcement about that. it should be mostly but not entirely resolved. 

Is this the announcement you were referring to ?  Not sure it is related since my missing orders are from 1/16

image.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joch29 said:

amazon flagged it as one of those products that has potential high pricing error...making them inactive.

i foolishly sent in close to 100 this year to amazon.

price was way lower than ebay, i think by as much as $20 ...

i wonder if on average ebays prices are now higher than amazon? 

sad state of affairs. I love ebay for the low return rate but nothing beats the ease of FBA when it works right.

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

i foolishly sent in close to 100 this year to amazon.

price was way lower than ebay, i think by as much as $20 ...

i wonder if on average ebays prices are now higher than amazon? 

sad state of affairs. I love ebay for the low return rate but nothing beats the ease of FBA when it works right.

Sorry, which items were lower on Amzn than eBay?  I am genuinely curious since in my experience 95% of the time Amazon has the higher prices for new stuffs.  Heck, the difference is the whole foundation for Toywave's business model.

Feel free to PM me if you are not comfortable sharing here.

8 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

which items were lower on Amzn than eBay?

It's those (few) items that Amzn has flagged as a high-pricing error.  The price Amzn 'recommends' (limits, really, for if it's higher, the bots deactivate the listing) is $20 less than ebay, so the sellers shift to ebay leaving 0 on amazon.  

painfully, it also appears to be seller specific.  I've had a few items flagged/deactivated that others are able to list at the higher prices.  Stupid bots.

Edited by SpaceFan9

10 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Sorry, which items were lower on Amzn than eBay?  I am genuinely curious since in my experience 95% of the time Amazon has the higher prices for new stuffs.  Heck, the difference is the whole foundation for Toywave's business model.

Feel free to PM me if you are not comfortable sharing here.

off the top of my head >>>

Stormtrooper Helmets.

For months - 76384 Herbology (this may have stabilized to be about equal now._)

Technic Excavator 42121 - $20 more on ebay!!

Fiat - 10271

Winter Fire Station - sold buncha for $5-$10 more than amazon.

even on sets that amazon is more on, the gap has narrowed.... 

I'm  sure people that sell more than me will have more of a sense of the data, but from what I can tell, there is a trend in ebays favor.

and i think the biggest factor is the lack of buy boxes on many listings. as we all know, in a distressingly large % of the population's minds, no buy box means no item for sale.

7 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

off the top of my head >>>

Stormtrooper Helmets.

For months - 76384 Herbology (this may have stabilized to be about equal now._)

Technic Excavator 42121 - $20 more on ebay!!

Fiat - 10271

Winter Fire Station - sold buncha for $5-$10 more than amazon.

even on sets that amazon is more on, the gap has narrowed.... 

I'm  sure people that sell more than me will have more of a sense of the data, but from what I can tell, there is a trend in ebays favor.

and i think the biggest factor is the lack of buy boxes on many listings. as we all know, in a distressingly large % of the population's minds, no buy box means no item for sale.

Just my quick research on Amzn:

76384 - It was selling for around $68 around August then a whole slew of FBA-ers fought each other for bottom price.  Heck, somebody sold some for $45 in November :D 
Of course the price ceiling bots got activated

42121 - Same thing.  Too many trying to sell at around $55

10271 - Same thing.  Started strong at $160 and everyone wanted to bring it down to $140 and now at $125

10263 - Similar but not as extreme.  FBAers trying to bring the price to below $200

My point is similar things happened to a lot of ASINs on Amazon.  It was just for a few sets, the prices on eBay managed to surpass Amazon.

How about 40274.   This thing was selling at $59 until a bunch of FBAers forced the price down to $48.  C'mon now, $48 for Santa set around Christmas when it could have been a $55 set.  Talk about race to the bottom

Maybe it is time to merge this to bubble thread ???? :D

• Thanks 1

I think this has less to do with the mechanics of the Amazon platform and everything to do with the increase in the “investor” class of resellers. It’s no coincidence that this comes on the heels of Amazon loosening the brand gate on LEGO and the proliferation of people putting out step by step guides on getting ungated. I suspect it won’t be too long before we start seeing more “Is LEGO investing dead?” videos on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Lego has become a meme stock after the squeeze. The amount of people in those facebook groups saying they are going to hold sets for 10 years, or as their retirement plan, is insane. 

Every once in awhile I find myself starting to type up a message correcting their poor choices, or giving them actual advice.... then I remind myself that it's in my best interest that they stay dumb so I delete it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, brickvoyeur said:

Lego has become a meme stock after the squeeze. The amount of people in those facebook groups saying they are going to hold sets for 10 years, or as their retirement plan, is insane. 

Every once in awhile I find myself starting to type up a message correcting their poor choices, or giving them actual advice.... then I remind myself that it's in my best interest that they stay dumb so I delete it. 

Smart move to stay silent....As the old saying goes

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Let these suckers crash and burn the hard way

31 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I just watched that first vid.  That was probably the best vid I've seen on Lego as far as just being accurate and truthful.

First video was spot on

Second video was hit and miss in my opinion......The Original Ecto-1 still to this day one of my best investments i've made along with the Mystery Machine and Original BTTF Delorean

According to this guy you should avoid these sets....Fine with me as it leaves more $$$ for the rest of us

Someone should send this guy a chart of all the tie fighter helmets they've sold......Sadly i only had (5)....LOL

9 minutes ago, mlc3423 said:

First video was spot on

Second video was hit and miss in my opinion......The Original Ecto-1 still to this day one of my best investments i've made along with the Mystery Machine and Original BTTF Delorean

According to this guy you should avoid these sets....Fine with me as it leaves more $$$ for the rest of us

Someone should send this guy a chart of all the tie fighter helmets they've sold......Sadly i only had (5)....LOL

Even the first video is shaping a narrative that doesn't apply to many.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

You know you have a winner when one of them post I need to sell of my collection and is asking for 20k at or above retail on all sets. You looks at the sets and half are brand new sets the other is sets that older but still not retired and maybe 2 good sets that are retired. 

my dude you screwed up and I’m not paying over retail to bail you out. 

More of a rant than anything:

Usually I remember to limit my FBA Listings to 1 or 2 each max product quantity when ordering, however I had one SKU (probably more) I forgot to do this with - And it took me a while to catch up - but I had one, presumable - competitor - Buy 8x of one of my items 3 different times, have the payment pending for a month, and then the orders eventually cancelled. I finally noticed and wised up and limited the SKU, but how obnoxious. I can't see the buyer info because the order was pending/cancelled, and I can't cancel a pending FBA order that I know is suspicious.

Anyway. Nothing I've really had to deal with before now. Just wish there was some other way to discourage people from doing this stuff other than simply limiting the amount you can sell.

22 hours ago, yyyybird said:

sold one for $124.99 under an hour tonight bought for $40.49 during cybermonday 2021  amazon sale .  getting blocked going higher than that.  really think this breaks $200 in a year so will be watching and waiting to see what happens with the pricing bots.

Edited by cladner