Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

2 hours ago, CsabaLazlo said:

A couple of reviews stating that they're a dropshipper. Not sure how many people bother reading the reviews rather than just clicking the Buy now button?

Nothing is going to happen.

A lot of their old feedback is getting removed. They are responding to feedback and including names  thereby using the personally identifiable clause - IMO to get feedback removed.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, vasp said:

A lot of their old feedback is getting removed. They are responding to feedback and including names  thereby using the personally identifiable clause - IMO to get feedback removed.

That is such BS. I really dislike people like this. 

36 minutes ago, vasp said:

If you're that passionate about it: Place an order from them; return it; leave negative feedback if you want; report seller for listing abuse for dropshipping.

6 hours ago, vasp said:

Is the seller stating the buyers details in the feedback? Or other way around?

Great start to the day. Woke up to an inauthentic complaint for Carousel (10257) 

Amazon wants invoices from within the past 365 days.

This was d/c 12/01/2019 per brickset.

Sold only 4 within the last 365 days to 3 buyers. The one that bought 2 on 12/16/22 returned both in Jan and filed a-z claim before I received the return. Last sale 1/4/23

Unfortunately all 50 I ever bought were from amazon on 09/15/2019.

First time dealing with inauthentic complaint in 20 years of selling. Would amazon accept their own invoice towards proof? and of course the invoice not from within the past 365 days?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks folks.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, vasp said:

Great start to the day. Woke up to an inauthentic complaint for Carousel (10257) 

Amazon wants invoices from within the past 365 days.

This was d/c 12/01/2019 per brickset.

Sold only 4 within the last 365 days to 3 buyers. The one that bought 2 on 12/16/22 returned both in Jan and filed a-z claim before I received the return. Last sale 1/4/23

Unfortunately all 50 I ever bought were from amazon on 09/15/2019.

First time dealing with inauthentic complaint in 20 years of selling. Would amazon accept their own invoice towards proof? and of course the invoice not from within the past 365 days?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks folks.

The answer is very unlikely they will accept it but since that’s the only thing you have, give it a shot. One complain shouldn’t be the end of the world if you have good volume but if you don’t clear it you might run into a suspension on the brand or account level 

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

The answer is very unlikely they will accept it but since that’s the only thing you have, give it a shot. One complain shouldn’t be the end of the world if you have good volume but if you don’t clear it you might run into a suspension on the brand or account level 

Thanks. Will try.

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Great to hear, if you dont mind sharing, what did you submit

Absolutely.

There was no written explanation or plan of action required.

Just checked all the applicable boxes and on the invoice submitted I blocked just the prices. Save the invoice as a pdf and highlighted using black

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 4:39 PM, Foreman Porgy said:

You can create new ASIN’s but you need authentic UPCs issued directly from the GS1. If you use third party UPC codes your listing will probably get flagged by one of their bots and you’ll get a suspsected IP claim. They won’t affect your metrics, and will fall off after 180 days. You don’t want them piling up though. If you contact seller support, and provide them the UPC for those two sets, they will verify them by checking the GS1 database. 

How would you go about listing a minifigure from a set? Since it’s from a set it does not have an upc or any type of GTIN. Are you allowed to make your own UPC for it on GS1? I’ve been trying to work around this issue for a while now

On 3/13/2023 at 12:35 AM, Shadow8 said:

How would you go about listing a minifigure from a set? Since it’s from a set it does not have an upc or any type of GTIN. Are you allowed to make your own UPC for it on GS1? I’ve been trying to work around this issue for a while now

Amazon is not the place to sell parted out minifigures. That will probably end poorly for you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pharmjod said:

Amazon is not the place to sell parted out minifigures. That will probably end poorly for you. 

It depends on the minifigure. Some are quite lucrative on the right listing.   The main issue selling mini figures on Amazon is that many listings are bundled with some bs exclusive collectible tile that only the owner of the listing has.  Then u see all the complaints from buyers disappointed their minifigure didn’t come with the promised bs collectible tile bought from ur regular seller to scare u from trying to list.  Agree that it’s not a big market or winning plan to do this on a large scale.  Better off godaddy ur own minifigure sales site or eBay.

i have found no way to create my own minifigure listing even using UPC purchased from "reputable" sellers on ebay (lol).  the few listings i have been active on and sold, it was far and few between though still worth it when it hits.  

Edited by cladner

I've been selling on Amazon since 2006ish (used books back in college) and have been selling LEGO since about 2016. Amazon just asked me reverify my account and wants me to select my business type. I've never registered as a business on Amazon, so it seems like I would continue as "None, I am an individual", but the wording is vague: "An individual sells in a private context. An individual does not sell a product to a company / charity and does not operate in a business or professional context. 

What does "does not operate in a business context" mean? My LEGO selling is a smalltime side hustle, but I still treat it like a business in terms of tracking expenses / paying taxes, etc. 

Can I continue as as an individual or is it time to register as a business? 

I literally went through this yesterday.

I am in the same situation you are. I’m an individual and it’s a very small endeavor.

I selected individual, uploaded my drivers license and a bank statement and was re-verified in 5 hours.

I figure that business means registered as a business in a legal sense and I have not done that.

Amazon verified and sent me an “activation” email as if I was a new seller account.

Everything appears as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So this window asking feedback appeared on Sellercentral.  I spent a couple of minutes pressing the "Submit" button but my feedback was not accepted and the window did not go away.  I suspected this was because I selected either the "Strongly Disagree" or "Disagree" option.  Finally I clicked the "Remind me after an hour" button since I did not want to give them the wrong impression....

:P 

image_2023-03-17_082101589.png

25 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

So this window asking feedback appeared on Sellercentral.  I spent a couple of minutes pressing the "Submit" button but my feedback was not accepted and the window did not go away.  I suspected this was because I selected either the "Strongly Disagree" or "Disagree" option.  Finally I clicked the "Remind me after an hour" button since I did not want to give them the wrong impression....

:P 

image_2023-03-17_082101589.png

I get those all the time and just skip them.

4 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I get those all the time and just skip them.

The feedback screen came back but this time it was asking for pricing (instead of fees).  I wrote as much as I could regarding their max price policy with "Strongly Disagree" selected.  It went through this time!!

We'll see if the bot decides to pass my feedback along to humans to read :P   

On 3/8/2023 at 10:45 PM, pharmjod said:

Can we expect Amazon to eventually shut this account down? They are clearly a dropshipper and I've noticed an increasing amount of negative feedback. They are a huge drag on prices across thousands of skus. 

based on the amount of feedback he has received over the last 90 days he probably sold at least 16000 items in the last 90 days. I am stunned that amazon  has not yet shut him down for drop shipping.

also he clearly is having a affect on prices .