Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

48 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

FYI my missing payments from 1/16 showed up 1 at a time within the past 24 hours

Thanks. I just saw a few of mine popped up yesterday. Nice bump but not enough to meet my weekly metrics. :)

On a related note, 2022 1099K forms are available on Amazon.

So I needed to recall about 50 microfighters AT tautaun which I had paid for bubble wrapping

Sure enough, theyve all been coming back without haveing being bubble wrapped.

anyone have experience with similair situation. The dollar value isnt that large (40$) but Im pissed that they made me pay for something they didnt even bother to do.

what would i need to do to get compensation

14 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

So I needed to recall about 50 microfighters AT tautaun which I had paid for bubble wrapping

anyone have experience with similair situation. The dollar value isnt that large (40$) but Im pissed that they made me pay for something they didnt even bother to do.

I'm not sure what you'd need to do, but why did you pay to bubble wrap them in the first place? I only saw that requirement for 21046 last year and 75277, but never on anything smaller. Sold hundreds of speed champions (similar package) without wrapping them. Not a single issue.

4 minutes ago, severalads said:

I'm not sure what you'd need to do, but why did you pay to bubble wrap them in the first place? I only saw that requirement for 21046 last year and 75277, but never on anything smaller. Sold hundreds of speed champions (similar package) without wrapping them. Not a single issue.

its required on this set.

On 1/22/2023 at 3:16 PM, severalads said:

I'm not sure what you'd need to do, but why did you pay to bubble wrap them in the first place? I only saw that requirement for 21046 last year and 75277, but never on anything smaller. 

Mr. Fett would like some bubble wrap too. He's a bit delicate for a crime boss. :) 

image.thumb.png.8e19b844e10cb0c9843974886c5422dd.png

Edited by Bricklectic

24 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Mr. Fett would like some bubble wrap too. He's a bit delicate for a crime boss. :) 

image.thumb.png.8e19b844e10cb0c9843974886c5422dd.png

Oh yes, this one I knew about since before Christmas.

What I'm actually doing with these, I buy custom size boxes that perfectly fit the set, pack it and send to Amazon this way instead of bubble wrapping. I believe it's pre-packed in Amazon terminology. I did it with 21046 and it worked perfectly.

Bubble wrap doesn't really protect anything, but takes too much time and effort.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:47 AM, Bricklectic said:

I opened a case for a lego set that required bubblewrapping and just took a photo of the lego box with upc and told amazon that the item is already in a box, it's not fragile and to stop wasting resources and killing our planet. I got a response that it was a mistake and they removed that requirement. :)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It is a variation of "item way too small for the price".  50% of the blame is on Amazon and their lackluster pictures on some of their ASINs (which sellers cannot modify)

I get serveral same returns and am discussing with myself If I should aim for a shorter hold to get rid with such returns.

As example the smaller speed champions, RRP 15€, sold for 99€, but high number of returns.

So I think selling price between 50-65€ would be more suitable.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Sozial

Let APR be your guide. If you have alternative investments that can be turned over 3 times in the year at 25% (compounded) obviously that is better than a 1x turnover at 60%. All depends on your opportunities, storage capacities, etc. Of course effort is another variable - some ppl dont have time to constantly turnover inventory but do have the time to buy once in Q4 and resell the next Q4... 

2 hours ago, Sozial said:

I get serveral same returns and am discussing with myself If I should aim for a shorter hold to get rid with such returns.

As example the smaller speed champions, RRP 15€, sold for 99€, but high number of returns.

Your thoughts?

This depends on the size of your business, frequency of returns in your area, and your tolerance for returns.

I felt like a consultant for a moment there :P

19 hours ago, Sozial said:

Your thoughts?

It does seem to happen more frequently with certain sets.  Sometimes I stop selling those sets for a while in hopes that they'll be bought by collectors rather than idiots when I relist.