Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

If you partake in the cesspool that is Amazon's Forums here you go , the Thought Police would be proud of this: 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

If you partake in the cesspool that is Amazon's Forums here you go , the Thought Police would be proud of this: 

I really think that there should be a law that prohibits anyone from mischaracterizing what amounts to a swift kick in the nuts as the equivalent of winning the lottery.  This relentless corporate need to describe every decision in glowingly positive terms is so annoying.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, redcell said:

I really think that there should be a law that prohibits anyone from mischaracterizing what amounts to a swift kick in the nuts as the equivalent of winning the lottery.  This relentless corporate need to describe every decision in glowingly positive terms is so annoying.

well written, lol! please post that on the forums :)

will probly be most liked comment ever

49 minutes ago, redcell said:

This change to their forums was most likely dreamt off by a bunch of recent MBA graduates who never sold a single thing on Amazon :D

10 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

A bunch of people are demanding their posts to be deleted from the forums since they do not want their business names shown on old posts.  This will basically destroy the forums since a lot of good advice will be removed.  Good job Amazon forums team :rofl:

12 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

A bunch of people are demanding their posts to be deleted from the forums since they do not want their business names shown on old posts.  This will basically destroy the forums since a lot of good advice will be removed.  Good job Amazon forums team :rofl:

I've already gone through and deleted every post I've ever made.  Nothing I can do about the ones that were quoted, but I got rid of as much as possible.

I noticed something strange today. I am in Virginia and sold a set to a buyer in Virginia for $202 plus $6.99 shipping. The sales tax rate in Virginia is 6%. So sales tax on this sale should be over $12. Amazon only collected $11.08 in sales tax.

I checked another sale I made today and the item + shipping cost was charged the correct amount of sales tax.

Has anyone else noticed sales tax discrepancies before?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

I noticed something strange today. I am in Virginia and sold a set to a buyer in Virginia for $202 plus $6.99 shipping. The sales tax rate in Virginia is 6%. So sales tax on this sale should be over $12. Amazon only collected $11.08 in sales tax.

I checked another sale I made today and the item + shipping cost was charged the correct amount of sales tax.

Has anyone else noticed sales tax discrepancies before?

Most places in Virginia the tax rate is 5.3% + additional regional or local tax (that usually differs from one county to another)

• Like 1

Most places in Virginia the tax rate is 5.3% + additional regional or local tax (that usually differs from one county to another)
Thanks! Lol... been living in Virginia Beach for 20+ years and our tax rate is 6%... just figured it was the same for everywhere in VA. Learn something new everyday!

9 hours ago, flyingpig1 said:

OH, so that's what happened to my storage limit.  Goddamn amazon.

Yeah, they've been slashing them over the past three weeks.  Thankfully, I got all of my shipments set up before the cutting began.  My limit on standard-sized has been cut 66% in three weeks to the lowest level of the year.

Does anyone know how to get Amazon to change the brand name's of products when they are obviously wrong? The two listings in question are below

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Skywalker-Collectible/dp/B083JXSTKX

Cannot list the one above due to Star Wars brand gating. Tried via seller support getting it changed to LEGO brand, but they are saying only the brand owner can change it. (It's 75278, D-O robot from Star Wars).

https://www.amazon.com/BrickHeadz-Dragon-Dance-40354-Pieces/dp/B07MB9F8YG

This one has it's brand set as "BrickHeadz" and the listing doesn't come up in searches when using any search variation with LEGO. The brand needs to be changed to LEGO to drive more sales to this ASIN as Brickheadz isn't a brand (it's a sub-brand).

I've been successful in the past when the issue wasn't a "brand" issue.

26 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

Does anyone know how to get Amazon to change the brand name's of products when they are obviously wrong? The two listings in question are below

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Skywalker-Collectible/dp/B083JXSTKX

Cannot list the one above due to Star Wars brand gating. Tried via seller support getting it changed to LEGO brand, but they are saying only the brand owner can change it. (It's 75278, D-O robot from Star Wars).

This one has it's brand set as "BrickHeadz" and the listing doesn't come up in searches when using any search variation with LEGO. The brand needs to be changed to LEGO to drive more sales to this ASIN as Brickheadz isn't a brand (it's a sub-brand).

No longer possible by commoners like me.

You never know who has the ability to do so.

46 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

Whoever originally created that ASIN did not have access / permission to use the word LEGO for brand.  They also could not even bother to use pictures with better resolutions (SMH).

You probably need someone from LEGO or an official LEGO distributor to request the change

On 10/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, cobrakai said:

And their pitiful Q4 sales guidance they gave on their earnings call this week.

2-8% project growth is pretty good lol. Not the 20% of quarters past, but Amazon not making anything on their fulfillment is what's going to suck. Because those massive jumps in cost are going to come for us :(

2 hours ago, landphieran said:

2-8% project growth is pretty good lol. Not the 20% of quarters past, but Amazon not making anything on their fulfillment is what's going to suck. Because those massive jumps in cost are going to come for us :(

Haven't they already?

Label fee went up to $0.55. (wasn't it $0.30 last year)

Holiday storage fee is up. Once the holidays are done, it's not going to come down.

1 minute ago, Bricklectic said:

I'm not sure why it's not showing up on the main page, but I'm seeing 590 sellers on the listing when I go to try and create a listing for it for myself.  I'm glad I have a grand total of zero of these.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, redcell said:

I'm not sure why it's not showing up on the main page, but I'm seeing 590 sellers on the listing when I go to try and create a listing for it for myself.  I'm glad I have a grand total of zero of these.

up to 591.  only way to see seller count is to try and create the listing for me too unless i refresh a few times.  i have been following this closely now - it was 580 yesterday, 584 this morning when i got up 588 before lunch, now its 591 - there are so many sellers i  can't even see a way to add it to my cart.  i have 2  - one to build and one to give away.

this set gives you the common denominator though of the pool of potential sellers you could be dealing with.  this is 2x the number of sellers that we were seeing on women of nasa.

just another sign that youtube video roping in more sellers for the "easy" money on amazon.  today caps off the worst october sales since 2015 , 60% lower than 2020, 40% lower than last year.  i have 100% + feedback, i have a few buyboxes even those aren't moving that much compared to prior years.  combination of increasing seller count and declining consumer spending heading into holiday season likely contributing to amazon instituting late inventory caps since they already "know" what will sell this year with the AI they have.

Edited by cladner

5 minutes ago, cladner said:

up to 591.  i have been following this closely now - it was 580 yesterday, 584 this morning when i got up 588 before lunch, now its 591 - there are so many sellers i  can't even see a way to add it to my cart.  i have 2  - one to build and one to give away.

this set gives you the common denominator though of the pool of potential sellers you could be dealing with.  this is 2x the number of sellers that we were seeing on women of nasa.

just another sign that youtube video roping in more sellers for the "easy" money on amazon.  today caps off the worst october sales since 2015 , 60% lower than 2020, 40% lower than last year.  i have 100% + feedback, i have a few buyboxes even those aren't moving that much compared to prior years.  combination of increasing seller count and declining consumer spending heading into holiday season likely contributing to amazon instituting late inventory caps since they already "know" what will sell this year with the AI they have.

Same for me. I'm down 73% from October 2020 and 50% from last year.  To be fair, October 2020 was up 80% from 2019.  It is such a mess right now with oversupply and limited demand of all toys.  Hopefully people will get into the holiday spirit, but looking at charts of consumer debt levels makes this seem questionable.

Same for me. I'm down 73% from October 2020 and 50% from last year.  To be fair, October 2020 was up 80% from 2019.  It is such a mess right now with oversupply and limited demand of all toys.  Hopefully people will get into the holiday spirit, but looking at charts of consumer debt levels makes this seem questionable.

I expected to see some positive movement on pricing with the holidays but the overall trend is either stagnant or price decreases on 80% of the inventory I wanted to send in. The only bright side is last year’s Marvel Calendar rose decently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/25/2022 at 10:13 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

Turns out business names are integral for the new Amazon forums regardless safety concerns from the users.  RIP Amazon Forums as the helpful users are going to be gone :(

Hi Sellers,

We want to provide clarity around the display of your business name on your profile in the New Seller Forums Experience. The business name that is currently found in your seller central account (under the global accounts tab) will be displayed on your profile page in the new forums experience. All new forums members will be able to see the name of your business on your forums profile page in the new forums experience.

To provide the most choice and flexibility to you, when you migrate to the New Seller Forums Experience, you have the option of whether or not to tie your old posts to your display name. You can either:
A. Start fresh. Create a new forums display name. Your previous posts will remain associated to your previous display name and not associated with your business name in your new forums profile, and your old display name cannot be used by any other forums member. You will start the new forums without any post history.
B. Roll everything over. Keep your current display name and all previous posts. Your forums history and statistics will be associated with your display name in the new Seller Forums experience.

10 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Turns out business names are integral for the new Amazon forums regardless safety concerns from the users.  RIP Amazon Forums as the helpful users are going to be gone :(

I really wonder what genius at Amazon woke up one day and thought "You know what's really missing from the internet these days?  Lack of anonymity...maybe we should do something about that.  I think people really want others to know who they are when they're acting like complete a-holes."