STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

I am wondering if they may release more TFA sets before the movie comes out in december.

(possible spoiler if your really hard core and dont watch the trailers...)

From what we have seen so far, Finn appears in the MF set with a blaster and his casual clothes.  and Im not sure which set, but there is one of him in a storm trooper suit.  However in the latest trailer and movie poster he appears with the blue light saber, with Kylo likely in the same scene.  This seems like a pretty major development for LEGO to just gloss over.

Edited by jay4e

I must say after seeing the First Order Uboat and the new Kylor Ren Command ship, both are much better than what the prelim photos showed.  Overall, this stuff is starting to look better..  I guess, this weekend will be the real test when we build a few of these sucka's.  But, i'm definitely looking for Kylo's ship tonight for sure.  The uboat will probably also land in my cart.  

One thing the star wars unboxing event did do is make me realize how much hasbro kind of sucks and I think I will skip out on even wrasslin' with the geeks for that garbage.  Lego all the way.

Hmmm after reading various spoilers online, and watching both trailers, I've come to the conclusion that The Force Awakens, is basically a re packaged, New Hope.

There's a fine line between, paying tribute and homeage to the original trilogy to keep the fan boys happy.

Plot and premise of the new movie, seems follow the same story arch and tick all the what the fans want boxes.

I was hopping JJ would blaze a new trail, and not get caught up in his own lense flare!

Hmmm after reading various spoilers online, and watching both trailers, I've come to the conclusion that The Force Awakens, is basically a re packaged, New Hope.

There's a fine line between, paying tribute and homeage to the original trilogy to keep the fan boys happy.

Plot and premise of the new movie, seems follow the same story arch and tick all the what the fans want boxes.

I was hopping JJ would blaze a new trail, and not get caught up in his own lense flare!

To be fair, A New Hope has been copied a billion times because the formula is nearly flawless.  So I am sure there are some elements that will carry over, but don't believe everything you read.  There have been quite a few "spoilers" that have come out that have already been proven to be false.  I know a guy in the industry and he told me that J.J. has purposefully leaked false info.  And it's not the first time he's done that.  And there is almost ZERO plot seen in the trailers.  Heck, we only have ONE LINE of actual dialogue from the movie so far.  We're seeing a lot of images out of context, and sure, we can all guess what we think is going on, and that's the fun of it.  I have faith in this one.  Not blind faith, because I was nervous when I heard what was going down.  

A New Hope was based on just about every piece of worldwide heroic mythology (Lucas was a fan of Joseph Campbell's Hero with a Thousand Faces), so why not?

• Like 2

As the old saying goes..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"  

• Like 1

did see the price point for 75098 today 249.95 , doesn't mean its related to the movie but is a Star Wars D2C exclusive

I hope it's not and that it's OT related.  I really want to see a good Hoth set as all the bases to this point have been very underwhelming. 

My dumb is showing.

What is D2C?

Direct to Consumer

• Like 3

Here is an interesting article about the new STAR WARS books released today that discuss life after Return of the Jedi...

Also another good post about it on USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2015/09/04/exclusive-excerpt-star-wars-aftermath-novel/71557386/

I swear the only reason Disney abolished all EU materials was so they could rip off those storylines and made tons of :money: doing it

Sooo my son started building Kylo Ren's command shuttle today, and after unboxing it, we had to look a few times for the sticker sheet, because there wasn't one, which baffled us. 

Then we opened up the bags, and found that all the pieces that used to have stickers now have printed pieces!  Looks like Lego finally listened.

• Like 1