STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

I would be cool with that spoiler.

In Star Wars related news, there's a new app called "Topps Star Wars Card Trader" that I have become addicted to.  Somewhat similar to Lego, there are old cards that people pay a premium for on ebay and collections that give rewards, etc.  Feel free to PM me with questions.

​Kind of breaking the spell, is not it? I like SW, but I like it for as it is. I don't think more into it than what I said above. I can understand you, but to do what I do I had to learn how to overcome personal biases.

For an evening flick it is the best you can get. However I never had a great introduction to this universe, I just watched them on TV when they were aired on Sunday evenings. I even saw EPV first, so it was not in order. Without the hype it was on the same level for me as the Lion King or Back to the Future.

However I like certain elements of this universe, but to match my taste the movies had to be more gritty, run-down and apocalyptic. No stupid characters. Mix in some amorality. For example I don't know if you played KoToR II, but what Obsidian did there was the closest to what I want to see. Nothing was perfect, the Jedi order was flawed and eccentric, the Sith were nihilistic and all of the characters were unique and twisted. No clear line between good and evil. Nar-Shaddaa was the ******* of the Galaxy with drugs, prostitution, slavery, crime bosses and smuggling, my favorite setting. Would be great for a Boba Fett movie.

​I would watch that version of the SW films, and perhaps even become a fan. The idea of SW in the vein of the "new" BSG that went head first down the gray dark areas of its universe sounds awfully appealing. Which incidentally also why I enjoyed S.T.:Deep Space 9 more than the rest of the Star Trek series.

I am somewhat optimistic I may actually enjoy the new film, and not just because I may manage to unload Star Wars sets I have!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the known TFA  lego set names. the set i bolded below was sorta a surprise to be in the film despite the snowtrooper pics.  please keep this thread about the movie and not the lego sets :)

Rey’s Speeder (75099) – 193 pieces
$19.99 USD / $24.99 CAD

First Order Snowspeeder (75100) – 444 pieces
$39.99 USD / $49.99 CAD

First Order Special Force TIE (75101) – 517 pieces
$69.99 USD / $89.99 CAD

Poe’s X-Wing Starfighter (75102) – 717 pieces
$79.99 USD / $99.99 CAD

First Order Transporter (75103) – 792 pieces
$89.99 USD / $109.99 CAD

Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle (75104) – 1004 pieces
$119.99 USD / $149.99 CAD

Millennium Falcon (75105) – 1332 pieces
$149.99 USD / $179.99 CAD

• Like 3

the known TFA  lego set names. the set i bolded below was sorta a surprise to be in the film despite the snowtrooper pics.  please keep this thread about the movie and not the lego sets :)

Hidden Content

Very cool thanks for sharing! I'm really anxious to see the rest of them and I pray they aren't turds like kylo Rens ship haha

• 3 weeks later...

Another interesting video...

Except he didn't reveal anything new unless you weren't really watching the trailer ... That was especially some great detective work on the part about Luke Skywalker not having flesh over his robotic hand!

Some people have too much time on their hands! :)

I'd be surprised if more than 40% of that is accurate.  

If you're talking about the plot leak video, I'd be surprised if even that much were true.. Movies like this aren't likely to skip 30+ years in a single movie, make such a big deal about returning characters only to kill them off at the beginning (Leia) and have other big name stars (Harrison Ford) make a fairly uncharismatic return to pilot the most popular ship in Star Wars for the last 1/4 of the movie.

If you're talking about the plot leak video, I'd be surprised if even that much were true.. Movies like this aren't likely to skip 30+ years in a single movie, make such a big deal about returning characters only to kill them off at the beginning (Leia) and have other big name stars (Harrison Ford) make a fairly uncharismatic return to pilot the most popular ship in Star Wars for the last 1/4 of the movie.

Yeah, I have my doubts Queen Leia dies in this one.   Maybe another actor, but doubt it's Leia.  But some of that sounds accurate.  Ive read a lot of rumors on a few sites, and it just seems that this one is pretty off in many facets.  

As you can tell, the concept for the new TFA X-Wing wasn't actually that new.  It was based off of old concept drawings, as was this Action Fleet Series Alpha version created in 1995-1996.

I collected those Action Fleet toys growing up for whatever reason. I thought the little concept craft was neat and have seen many of them make a return lately into Star Wars. I remember the AT-AT was motorized and could walk (forward & backward) although very slowly.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm convinced I need to have that fig now. I didn't really care about anything other than the MF and Xwing, but that opinion is changing.

Those are really nice looking.  I was greatly dissapointed in the Black Series stuff they are releasing, some of which were shown today. But these minifigs look great.