STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

• If Kylo Ren is a "Darth" will he be Darth Revan?

​Certainly not. He is not even canon anymore, died like 3k years before the movies and his helmet is actually a mandalorian helmet.

Also everybody will hate me for saying this: I find this trailer waaay to cheesy. And breaking the 4th wall, no please don't do that again in anything SW related. Thanks.  I like the vistas very much though. 

Oh, and did you notice that they begin it with Lucasfilm logo instead of Disney? They know something at least.

And lastly the ISD is a new variant, take a close look at its nose. So I wouldn't fear for the 10030 if this one gets the UCS treatment since this won't be a classic no matter how good the movie is.

Edited by inversion

I interpreted that Luke saying about the force that "you have it" is meant for the audience. I may be wrong though, but it awfully sounds like that given that the "this christmas" announcement comes after it.

​To me that sounded like the regular recruitment pitch for a force sensitive individual he meets along the way.  Afterall, Luke is the Yoda of this generation.

Marketing / trailer maker did time that line with the "this Christmas" text, just like they put Han at the end of the trailer.  They wanted to get as many people as  possibly pumped up and see this movie come December ;)

Luke's quote is new and he references his father "having it" in the present tense so that mean's Anakin's ghost.  Who is he talking to?  Probably Rey/Kira.  Or maybe Finn.

Or it could happen during the flashback when he was building the academy back up and Kylo Ren trashed it.

Oh boy.  I don't want to cross a spoiler line, so I'm going to try to keep this in tune with just the trailer, and not any concept art released this weekend.

I interpreted the "you have it" as someone that is force sensitive as well.  Take a really close look at the light saber that gets handed off in the next cut.  It looks a lot like a blade we haven't seen since Cloud City.  And the concept art does show that blade on someone's belt.

darth revan isn't canon anymore so jj could be re-introducing him or maybe they are just using revan's look? 

the 4th wall wasn't broken.  looks like luke was just talking to someone not shown. now if deadpool was saying that, then the 4th wall was def knocked down ;)

​Certainly not. He is not even canon anymore, died like 3k years before the movies and his helmet is actually a mandalorian helmet.

Also everybody will hate me for saying this: I find this trailer waaay to cheesy. And breaking the 4th wall, no please don't do that again in anything SW related. Thanks.  I like the vistas very much though.

Yeah basically all non-canon characters are fair game now.  To be honest, any of EU characters and events were fair game even without the Disney mandate.  Didn't the Attack of the Clones basically trashed any Clone Wars events mentioned in the Thrwan trilogy ? 

I would scream like a little girl if Thrawn was in any of the next three movies, great character.​

• Like 2

What PR stunts would you like to see/ take part in or what would be your own ideas for PR/fan events for the months before the movie starts? I haven't seen too many of this stuff until now, so what can we expect? Of course they will have to address a new (younger) audience, too, as well as satisfying the old fans with such events.

What PR stunts would you like to see/ take part in or what would be your own ideas for PR/fan events for the months before the movie starts? I haven't seen too many of this stuff until now, so what can we expect? Of course they will have to address a new (younger) audience, too, as well as satisfying the old fans with such events.

​I want retro-style McDonald's glasses.

• Like 1

Very interesting, especially looking at the X-wing.

If we're to believe the colours and the designs of these exhibited models, the new/updated X-wing will be featuring blue-white colour scheme rather than red brick-white. It has a few tweaks to the engines and the wing ends, but generally looks very similar. However, big IF, there is a new UCS version of this space ship...it will be in different colours and it will be perceived differently. If I have to think as a collector (i am for some of these sets) I will want both of them, the Red 5 and the new one in blue! ....and if there is another 3-rd interpretation of the X-wing in the new movies to come (8 & 9) I will want them too!

Edited by hannibal

:)

Keep in mind if your read over the 100? (no idea) pages in the R2 thread I am one of the largest pro R2 members on brick picker personally liking it and thinking it will have a great financial return.

Also to many people on here that know me know as a positive outlook person, I like Jar Jar too. ROFL
That being said R2 is in a class of his own.

I certainly did get a reaction to my post huh? LOL