STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

So... will his lightsaber change to purple as he gets more experience ??? :P

Also, are we going to see yellow lightsaber anytime soon?? (KotOR rulz!!!) ;)

That will more than likely be in episode 8, when the jedi's rise again, and form a rainbow colored quartet that rules the galaxy with song and dance officially making the disney takeover complete.

That will more than likely be in episode 8, when the jedi's rise again, and form a rainbow colored quartet that rules the galaxy with song and dance officially making the disney takeover complete.

Someone at Disney must have relished purchasing SW after their (Disney's) entry into space fantasy, The Black Hole, failed to gain much traction vs. ESB at the theater back in '79/80. Maybe I'm just a big geek, but all is not rainbow's and musicals in Disney's world. The Black Hole was weird and dark--any movie with a robot voiced by Slim Pickens is all right with me... even if it's no astromech.

Old_B_O_B_Screencap_13.jpg

• Like 2

can you PM me the link?

Someone at Disney must have relished purchasing SW after their (Disney's) entry into space fantasy, The Black Hole, failed to gain much traction vs. ESB at the theater back in '79/80. Maybe I'm just a big geek, but all is not rainbow's and musicals in Disney's world. The Black Hole was weird and dark--any movie with a robot voiced by Slim Pickens is all right with me... even if it's no astromech.

I barely remember that one...

Jaisononline, just google "star wars synopsis plot leak"..   There's quite a few good scenarios laid out in multiple paths...  Which one is correct? Well, i'm starting to think the one synopsis is pretty darn close.

Cue "It's a Small Jedi World Afterall" song....  Hmm, I can actually see it as a ride in the new Star Wars wing they are creating in Disneyworld

Jaisononline, just google "star wars synopsis plot leak"..   There's quite a few good scenarios laid out in multiple paths...  Which one is correct? Well, i'm starting to think the one synopsis is pretty darn close.

the two I read and remember most were about

Hiding this just in-case

1. a certain someone's hand playing in space

2. 1 or 2 popular characters being prisoned aboard a ISD for a long time.

Any of these the one you were referring to?

I loved that movie as a kid, it is highly underrated in my opinion.

• Like 3

the two I read and remember most were about

Hiding this just in-case

Hidden Content

Any of these the one you were referring to?

This new teaser pretty much confirms that a lightsabre duel happens at the end.  Finn starts battling with Kylo on the frozen planet with the super weapon, but quickly gets overcome.  So, Rey takes the light saber and kicks his butt causing Kylo to flee.  What's murky is that this is possibly the beginning of a "sibling" rivalry, which of course we probably have to wait until Episode 8 to find out for sure.
Edited by fossilrock

3 more days until the madness.  Any strategies, yet? 

I've been looking through the sold listings on ebay trying to determine if anything might be "red hot"..  Well, it's tough to say as this data seems like a rather small subset to make any major determinations on what my strategy should be.  So, that leads me to this..  Do you guys expect this stuff to be extremely easy to find over the next week (50 MF's on a walmart shelf for weeks)? Easy to find within the first couple days, then much much harder to find with some sets?  Or will many of these become impossible to land within a week making these quickly go into the realm of QFLL terrain because demand is too high/supply too low? 

I'm personally hedging on the middle ground.  I think some sets will be tough to land after the first few days when these hit, but will be back in stock here and there and never impossible to land.  I also think some of these legos sets are going to be much harder to constantly find than the hasbro figures and disney infinity figs.   The question remains. Which will be the peg warmers, and which will be the hot sets.  I think the only set, i'm not going to hesitate buying on day one is Kylo Ren's ship and Captain Phasma's UBoat, and maybe a few of Rey's speeder.  Other than that, i'm not sure what to think about the rest.  Are these even worth grabbing multiples? Let's discuss!  We have 3 more days left before they are released onto the world.

Edited by fossilrock

Even though the Falcon set is the most expensive of the bunch, i think that will be the one most sought after. It will have the most likely "last" version of Han if you take my meaning. That alone will drive this up significantly after the movie. Obviously, the sets with Kylo and Phasma will be the next sought after simply because of being cool villains. Honestly, after seeing what Hasbro is bringing to the table, i think ALL of them will do well overall. The Hasbro ships are terribly scaled and are made of rubbery plastic that warps and are expensive for what you actually get. For example, the Lego Poe's X-Wing blows Hasbro's out of the water in every way. So while some may be slow at first, i think every set in this wave will do well in the long haul. 

• Like 1

September is early for hoping sets will vanish and not return. Last year's minifig scale Minecraft wave hit in November if my memory is still intact, and those things made nice flips. There's a lot of production time between now and December 25.

That being said, it might be the other LEGO products that get short shrift because of TFA. Hard to say at this point... also why I don't flip much; the risk/reward ratio is not in my favor. 

I'm curious about the Target and Best Buy R/C BB-8s.  I want to see some of these LEGO sets in person and will keep an eye on what is selling, but I can't bring myself to pay MSRP for any of these sets for my personal collection just yet.  There's plenty of time for sales, TRUTh and discounted gift cards.

I think Kylo Ren's ship is the one people are really going to want. It's not ultra-expensive...and Disney is marketing Kylo Ren more than ANYONE in the upcoming film.  The guy has been slapped on the cover of EVERYthing.  Kids are going to want him, and his ship is the most unique thing to come out of TFA it looks like, especially with the way the wings move.

And any word on what the free Lego "brick" will be at the Toys R Us midnight event on Force Friday?  Is it the C3P0 or is it all speculation?  Or maybe different sets at different locations?

I think Kylo Ren's ship is the one people are really going to want. It's not ultra-expensive...and Disney is marketing Kylo Ren more than ANYONE in the upcoming film.  The guy has been slapped on the cover of EVERYthing.  Kids are going to want him, and his ship is the most unique thing to come out of TFA it looks like, especially with the way the wings move.

And any word on what the free Lego "brick" will be at the Toys R Us midnight event on Force Friday?  Is it the C3P0 or is it all speculation?  Or maybe different sets at different locations?

I asked the TRU guy last week what was going on and he told me they didn't have their Force Friday information yet.   Said they had the toys already but no information to go off of.  This was late last week.  He also told me they had S14 sitting in the back with a strict September 1 tag on it and wouldn't sell early.

Even though the Falcon set is the most expensive of the bunch, i think that will be the one most sought after. It will have the most likely "last" version of Han if you take my meaning. That alone will drive this up significantly after the movie. Obviously, the sets with Kylo and Phasma will be the next sought after simply because of being cool villains. Honestly, after seeing what Hasbro is bringing to the table, i think ALL of them will do well overall. The Hasbro ships are terribly scaled and are made of rubbery plastic that warps and are expensive for what you actually get. For example, the Lego Poe's X-Wing blows Hasbro's out of the water in every way. So while some may be slow at first, i think every set in this wave will do well in the long haul. 

I pretty much agree with most of what you stated here. I'm definitely in agreement with exciter though, and i'm not rushing in and snagging a bunch of falcons at 150.  I just don't see that as a good move, and I think these will be around for years.  At most, I think buying 2 would be the furthest I would go.

The only reason i'm going to go on the 4th is just to be a participator and grab a few of the sets, and maybe a couple of figures.  Then I can wear a "im a force friday geek" badge.   I do agree though that the lego sets blow away that hasbro junk.  It's kind of sad Disney let's hasbro continue with this madness.  I saw the black series figures on saturday when a walmart employee let them out early, and Finn and Rey looked terrible. Kylo Ren was the only one that looked cool..  It really has made me not want to spend a lot on their figs..and just stick with lego.  Thats where i'll be when the curtain is lifted.  Once I snag those, i'll then maybe try for a Kylo Ren six inch figure.

I bought a Darth Maul Black Series 6 inch figure on Amazon a few weeks ago for like $17.  I was super pumped.  Until I got it in the mail and the box was damaged at the top a little and the seal was broken.  No idea how much it's actually worth now.  I see the regular, sealed figures selling for over $100 sometimes.  Sigh.