STAR WARS VII - "The Force Awakens" - Movie Discussion

gregpj

I was really bummed when they said no new trailer. But that behind the scenes stuff makes up for it. I'm all in, just seeing how much they are doing non-CGI, I am pumped. Couple of minor spoilerish stuff in there but nothing too serious. Seeing Han, Rey, Finn in the Falcon though? Man.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Huge figurine leak: http://imgur.com/a/D5nxD#JkQPWvF

----mod note : image in the link below was removed by that web site..

First picture of Luke! 

http://io9.com/luke-skywalker-is-a-true-jedi-master-in-his-first-photo-1723975374?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Edited by jaisonline
  • Like 1

the pic was pulled at 2 sites but still easy to find

Cant believe the figure leaks are being squashed as fast

man luke looks badass! And man those figures look kinda crappy lol, those addon accessories are ridiculous!

Edited by California92563

Looking at the new star wars sets for episode 7, got to say i'm not as excited about what's coming down the pipe.  The new first order snow speeder reminds me of that gaudy green speeder from episode 1, so my expectations weren't met.  The transport (which I had some hope for) doesn't really blow me away either.  Really the only sets that were a pleasant surprise is Rey's speeder, and i'd probably buy Kylo Renns ship just because it's got the main villain, although we all saw how that turned out with Darth Maul.  I really only see myself buying those two and a millennium falcon on the 4th and passing on the rest.  Got to say, even with the black series figures, I feel the same way.  There's very little interesting things here.  Hmm…time to lower the expectations, I fear.

• Like 2

Looking at the new star wars sets for episode 7, got to say i'm not as excited about what's coming down the pipe.  The new first order snow speeder reminds me of that gaudy green speeder from episode 1, so my expectations weren't met.  The transport (which I had some hope for) doesn't really blow me away either.  Really the only sets that were a pleasant surprise is Rey's speeder, and i'd probably buy Kylo Renns ship just because it's got the main villain, although we all saw how that turned out with Darth Maul.  I really only see myself buying those two and a millennium falcon on the 4th and passing on the rest.  Got to say, even with the black series figures, I feel the same way.  There's very little interesting things here.  Hmm…time to lower the expectations, I fear.

the transport will be awesome for anyone doing WWII Mocs, it's half a u boat. 

Did no one notice that in the new sets R2-D2 has been exchanged by "Wilson!?".

Wilson.jpg

Not wanting to divulge any potential spoliers for anyone so I'll be coy. Saw top right figure and... wth - is he going to be in the new film?!?!?!  But then i looked at the second row (far right) and I recovered.  Goes to show they're gonna rehash any old SW banded stuff to make a quick $$$ (not that I'm complaining).

Ok - super loosely related to this thread (in that its a starwars film too) but just watched this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNwNXF9Y6kY

It might be a bit cheesy by todays standards but I would have loved to have been around when this originally hit the big screen!  And its one of those trailers where the film is even more epic (IMO second best thing about episode 1 was the trailers)

If episode VII is even half as good as this one I think it breaks all box office records.  Hands up who's going to see this day 1 btw?  I'm hoping opening weekend for the first viewing... and then possibly the screening 4 hours later for the second (gotta fit in some poe's xwing building time) :)

Not wanting to divulge any potential spoliers for anyone so I'll be coy. Saw top right figure and... wth - is he going to be in the new film?!?!?!  But then i looked at the second row (far right) and I recovered.  Goes to show they're gonna rehash any old SW banded stuff to make a quick $$$ (not that I'm complaining).

Am I missing something?  I see a Darth Vader and Boba Fett figures with the new movie packaging. What else?  I am done looking....LOL